• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Smurf Yetti

Neo Member
You should gif the light elbow graze into Smart flop.

1n.gif

lx4.gif

KingGondo

Banned
Has Marcus Smart always been a flopper or is this a new thing for him now that he can't shoot for shit.
He's definitely done it more this year.

Eddie Sutton wouldn't have stood for that shit. However, Ford knows that the only way we have a chance of making the tournament is if Smart carries us there, and he's afraid of alienating the few decent players we have left.

UraMallas

I love the announcers on that. "That's a 25-year-old man out there, Smart. You are gonna have to play D". Something like that. Fran said it and Muss started laughing. Kane admitted that he himself flops when given the opportunity, though, but said he'd just take it straight to him when Smart did. I guess that double flop is the result.

UraMallas

Rashad Vaughn tweeted he will be announcing this weekend. One of 3 top 100 players not committed and the highest ranked. Also a McDonald's AA. Heavily considering ISU and he cancelled his visit to UNC next week. Maybe the win last night capped it.

Rivals page.

Servbot24

Banned
Rashad Vaughn tweeted he will be announcing this weekend. One of 3 top 100 players not committed and the highest ranked. Also a McDonald's AA. Heavily considering ISU and he cancelled his visit to UNC next week. Maybe the win last night capped it.

Rivals page.

i am quite concerned about iowa's class. only a couple role players so far. :/

UraMallas

i am quite concerned about iowa's class. only a couple role players so far. :/

Losing Marble hurts bad, he's a baller. Otherwise, I think Iowa will be fine. White has come on this year and I think he can lead a team next year. If Jok comes along and Woodbury pulls his head out of his ass, you guys have a great team next year. With the amount of depth you play, I don't see freshman playing much time on your squad next year, regardless.

Losing Marble is definitely a big deal, though.

Edit: Just went over Iowa's Rivals page and those guys look damn solid to me. Nice to see you recruiting outside of Iowa for once. ;)

Servbot24

Banned
i'm more excited by olesini's potential than woodbury's tbh. plus we have jok, that's 2 foreign players, and uhl on his way!

i dream of an entirely non-iowan team with cool names

UNC fans have to be super salty about Vaughn's recruitment.

Word through the grapevine was that Vaughn was all ready to sign with Ol Roy, but folks in his corner saw dollar signs and decided to steer him elsewhere.

Also known as Shabazzing

DominoKid

Word through the grapevine was that Vaughn was all ready to sign with Ol Roy, but folks in his corner saw dollar signs and decided to steer him elsewhere.

Also known as Shabazzing

thats ooooooooold news. i aint even sweating that.

Fjordson

Rivals page.
Also had a UK visit and that's obviously off =[

Looks like it'll be ISU, with UNLV as the dark horse according to 247.

UraMallas

Also known as Shabazzing

I'm not sure if you're suggesting it but it seems like you think ISU is in on some shady deal.

I've been following the Vaughn recruitment for years because we don't get this type of high-caliber recruit to seriously consider often. It's happened before, but we've come up short. Hoiberg has been in on this recruit since Vaughn was a Freshman in high school. Fred wasn't even the head coach at ISU when he first met him, he was in the front office with the Timberwolves in Vaughn's home state looking for top talent. When Fred got the job in Ames, he immediately went to Vaughn. Vaughn loved his visit to UNC when he went last year (because he really enjoyed his visit but his parents didn't go on it with him) but his parents told him to take more visits to other schools before he committed to make sure. He did. This year (in his 4th year of being recruited by Fred) he took his OV the night ISU beat a 7th ranked Michigan team on ESPN. Dickie V had his first trip to Ames. Johnny Orr (former head coach of ISU and Michigan) made his last appearance before his death a month later. We were unranked and didn't know how good our team was at the time and we stormed the court. Rashad Vaughn was there for all of it. Since then he's had nothing but great things to say about ISU. He tweets Fred and his wife. His mother supposedly really likes Fred.

He's also a perfect fit for the system Fred runs - it's fast paced, NBA-style, and he gives all of his players the freedom to shoot. It showed in last night's 3OT win. Naz hadn't made a three in 3 games but he knew he played for a player's coach that wouldn't be mad if he had the open shot and he took it. Morris nails a three from the corner when all we needed was a two at the time to seal the win. We ended up needing all of the points but Morris pulled the trigger because he felt comfortable. Vaughn then comes out the day after one of the best two games of college hoops played this year and says he's made his decision. Right after Fred's system; one he would fit into perfectly as we need his position badly and he's one of the top scorers in the class, was on national display the night before.

I typed all that out because it's been a long road for ISU fans with this recruit and if we don't get him, it's not for lack of trying. The ISU staff did absolutely everything in their power to get what would be our biggest recruit in program history. I think what got me was the allusion to ISU (possibly) getting him due to some backdoor deal. It couldn't possibly be that ISU just got picked over UNC? I found the statement disingenuous and it obviously rubbed me the wrong way. I don't even know if you're a Tar Heel, you pry aren't.

Anyway, go 'Clones. Hoiball, yo.

any time roy loses a recruit i feel all sunny inside :)

Me, too. How many guys has he pulled from Iowa? He was even doing it when he moved out of the area to the East coast and poached Barnes right out of Ames. That one hurt. It's also why I wouldn't say UNC is totally out of the race for Vaughn - dude recruits.

inm8num2

The Big Ten is a mystery.

Indeed! I had a feeling OSU might start to surge going into the 2nd half of the conference season. Still, tonight's game isn't decided yet.

People who have watched the OSU/Iowa game - how many changes of pants has Dakich needed from creaming himself over Craft?

LOL Dakich just told all of us to fuck off for complaining about his Craft love.

UraMallas

Indeed! I had a feeling OSU might start to surge going into the 2nd half of the conference season. Still, tonight's game isn't decided yet.

People who have watched the OSU/Iowa game - how many changes of pants has Dakich needed from creaming himself over Craft?

We do know that he will take him any day of the week on any team.

Do you guys ever think Bo Jackson wishes he just would have played baseball?

AAAAAAND.... this is the wrong thread. Of all the NCAA sports Bo played, basketball was one he didn't. lol.

Question still stands, fuck it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Well I thought Duke would come out hot and angry after the Cuse game and run WF out of the building and the truth is everyone save Rasheed and Andre didn't bother to show up.

I also have to remember that those Duke teams that used to get fired up after losses have been gone a really long time now.

Well I thought Duke would come out hot and angry after the Cuse game and run WF out of the building and the truth is everyone save Rasheed and Andre didn't bother to show up.

I also have to remember that those Duke teams that used to get fired up after losses have been gone a really long time now.

I think they heard you

Silkworm

BfrAZ7LCUAAU1Ey.jpg

SMH @ them neck tats.

Almost as good as that Mercedes symbol tattoo on the adam's apple of one of the Missouri players :-D

Anyway, Walker got in some good moments in the game and this about what I expected. Against Alabama he might get some more minutes especially if the Bama team that got crushed by Auburn shows up.

Overall, pleased that UF could fight through this game and come out with the win. Hit a decent amount of FTs. Wish Frazier wouldn't keep starting out cold from 3 but at least he's been making up for it in the 2nd half.

BTW silly effort by the Rowdies to get Justin Timeberlake to sing the national anthem in the UF-UK game in Gainesville but whatever floats their boat :-D

jakncoke

Banned
I dont understand Pitt recruiting, Jaquan Lyle is a 5 star recruit decently close out of Huntington WV and according to 247sports, rivals, scout. We have no one on him or even a offer.

I dont understand Pitt recruiting, Jaquan Lyle is a 5 star recruit decently close out of Huntington WV and according to 247sports, rivals, scout. We have no one on him or even a offer.

The kid is a headcase who doesn't look like he'll qualify. Trust me, you aren't missing much.

Top Bottom