• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Mich. St... 8-1
Michigan.. 8-1
Iowa.........6-3
N'Western.5-5
Ohio State 4-5
Wisconsin 4-5
Minnesota 4-5
Indiana......4-5
Nebraska..3-5
Purdue......3-6
Illinois........2-7

This league be crazy.

Upcoming games. Prediction in bold.

Feb. 4 Tue
Ohio St. #24 at Iowa #15
Wisconsin #14 at Illinois

Feb. 5 Wed
Nebraska at Michigan #10
Minnesota at Purdue

Feb. 6 Thur
Penn St. at Michigan St. #7

Feb. 8 Sat
Nebraska at Northwestern
Michigan #10 at Iowa #15
Purdue at Ohio St. #24
Indiana at Minnesota

Feb 9. Sun
Michigan St. #7 at Wisconsin #14
Illinois at Penn St.

hoos30

THROWS HANDS UP IN THE AIR

OH FOR FUCK SAKES

;-)

That game was an old fashioned slobberknocker. We came out on top because we had the ball last, basically. Otherwise, it was two even matched teams with similar defensive and offensive philosophies grinding it out.

UVa's remaining ACC schedule is so easy, we might win the league by a full game and still not be in the top 12.

Okie State freshman arrested when police found marijuana

We all know many college athletes smoke weed, and they are well aware of the school administered drug tests so they can prepare. Whats interesting to note is that if this were a stop made in Colorado, he would have been let free and the school would have never been notified. For Colorado schools, not having to worry about putting your college career in jeopardy by smoking weed should be a huge selling point to recruits that are great at sports, but like many Americans, like to smoke some pot every now and then. Playing for Colorado or CSU, an athlete can have peace of mind ( as long as he/she isn't selling large quantities over the legal possession limit )

New top 15 in the AP Poll

1 Syracuse
2 Arizona
3 Florida
4 WSU
5 SDSU
6 Villanova
7 Cincinnati
8 Kansas
9 Michigan State
10 Michigan
11 Duke
12 Creighton
13 Saint Louis
14 Louisville
15 Texas

Apparently Duke's loss at Syracuse was the most impressive game they've played this year according to the voters.

Servbot24

Banned
Iowa #17, fair enough I'd say. We really need to beat OSU and Mich at home this week for any chance to get back to the top 10 though.

jakncoke

Banned
;-)

That game was an old fashioned slobberknocker. We came out on top because we had the ball last, basically. Otherwise, it was two even matched teams with similar defensive and offensive philosophies grinding it out.

UVa's remaining ACC schedule is so easy, we might win the league by a full game and still not be in the top 12.

Like the Duke game, the last possession we failed to cover the 3 and it daggered us

rpi wise pitt now

1-4 vs. top 50
7-4 vs. top 100

Definitely need to pick up some top 50 rpi wins here

Silkworm

Glad UF didn't move up past Arizona yet. Arizona has the better record and SOS so far, so it's only fitting. Of course I'm sorry that Arizona lost Ashley which might translate into some other loses down the road.

Servbot24

Banned
Tbh I'm a bit worried about OSU tomorrow. They may have fell of hard but I still feel like they've gotta be the toughest unranked opponent you can face right now.

pxleyes

Banned
Glad UF didn't move up past Arizona yet. Arizona has the better record and SOS so far, so it's only fitting. Of course I'm sorry that Arizona lost Ashley which might translate into some other loses down the road.

Won't make much of a difference when UF is hoisting the trophy in April anyways.

It's a strange season when the Carolina game in the nine days is my third-most anticipated game this month. Last game in Cameron against the Traitors and first game in Cameron against Syracuse are bigger deals now.

I'm lowkey concerned about playing UNC. They've been playing somewhat decent ball of late

It's a strange season when the Carolina game in the nine days is my third-most anticipated game this month. Last game in Cameron against the Traitors and first game in Cameron against Syracuse are bigger deals now.

I'm lowkey concerned about playing UNC. They've been playing somewhat decent ball of late

Syracuse return game and the Carolina games for me. Maryland's already out of sight, out of mind. Sad thought, really, that was such a good series.

Fjordson

UK all the way down to 18th =[

Quite a large fall but deserved. That LSU performance was shameful.

Little surprised how generous the polls are to the other teams, though. Like my friend that's a Kansas fan was shocked to see them at 8. He basically said Texas dominated that whole game in their building.

Silkworm

Won't make much of a difference when UF is hoisting the trophy in April anyways.
I hope that's the case (the team seems poised for it). Gators have been playing well but they still have the difficult part of their schedule coming up. So excited to see Chris Walker play tomorrow against Missouri. Go Gators! :)

KingGondo

Banned
Wonder if Ford will get a pass for this season because of the injuries.

Making the tournament looks like an uphill battle now after reaching the top 5 at one point.

OSU basketball has become worse than embarrassing--it's ugly, boring, and uninspiring.

@DC: Attendance has been slipping for years, and Ford has inspired a lot of apathy. Plus we're expecting a snowstorm and most people live an hour-plus from Stillwater.

DominoKid

MichaelCobbinsOKStateOpenMouthStare.gif

UraMallas

Great win. Amazing game both ways.

Why was no one at the game? Stillwater hate basketball?

I thought attendance had been slipping ever since they got the pro team. Both OU and OSU attendance has fallen off because of it. What a game tonight and it feels good being on the right side of that type of game for once.

Also, 3sus has risen and shall now be named Nads Long:

Top Bottom