• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

pxleyes

Banned
SEC Conference Records

BhLHFp5CcAA2FDJ.jpg:large

Parity, total shittyness, or both?

From what I've seen, absolute mediocrity from almost the entire conference.

Silkworm

Pretty much :-\ Hope for 3 SEC teams to make the NCAA tournament, but it's not looking good right now. Tennessee losing to Texas A&M this past weekend? *sigh* At least Mark Fox had that 4 game SEC winning streak for Georgia until they played Tennessee (and bounced back with a win against SC), so he'll hopefully retain his job for next year since I feel he deserves a little more time before upending things once again with yet another new coach.

USA Today Poll (Top 10+Notables)

1 Florida
2 Wichita State
3 Arizona
4 Louisville
5 Syracuse
6 Kansas
7 Duke
8 Saint Louis
9 Villanova
10 Creighton
11 Virginia
15 Kentucky
21 North Carolina
25 Oklahoma

AP Top 10 + Notables
1 Florida
2 Wichita State
3 Arizona
4 Syracuse
5 Kansas
6 Duke
7 Louisville
8 Villanova
9 Creighton
10 Saint Louis
11 Cincinnati
17 Kentucky
19 North Carolina
25 New Mexico

I don't know if I'm surprised or not at Duke not moving much or who should be ranked higher, if anybody. Duke looked all kinds of terrible against Carolina in the second half, though. Yeah, they beat Syracuse, to which Boston College says "join the club!"

Oh well, as I said last week and before, it will all sort itself out in March.

jjasper

Sucks too cause based on talent we should be so much better. But when you have a coach that has no idea on what an offense is and whose defensive philosophy has been killed by the new rules you are left with the most disappointing team not named Oklahoma st.

BhRN9C0CcAA6Nvd.png:large

The ACC Tournament as of today. We may end up with the rare situation where the loser of Duke/UNC Pt. 2 has a better road in the conference tourney. I would certainly rather be the 4 seed right now.

The ACC Tournament as of today. We may end up with the rare situation where the loser of Duke/UNC Pt. 2 has a better road in the conference tourney. I would certainly rather be the 4 seed right now.

I think UVA's legit. They're better at getting stops than anybody else is at anything, so I'd rather play 'Cuse in round 2.

DominoKid

i don't think UVA is for real but i'd rather avoid them just because they're a horrible matchup for us. Syracuse is also a bad matchup for us but slightly less so.

I guess we can start this game now. Who transfers?

Assuming Cook and Sulaimon stay, Parker and Hood leave, seniors graduate (Hopefully Hairston doesn't find some kind of loophole to stay on the team another year)

We have:

T. Jones
Cook
Sulaimon
M. Jones
Allen
Ojeleye
Winslow
Plumlee
Okafor
(Possibly) Turner

That's a lot of ballers with only one ball

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member

Assuming Cook and Sulaimon stay, Parker and Hood leave, seniors graduate (Hopefully Hairston doesn't find some kind of loophole to stay on the team another year)

We have:

T. Jones
Cook
Sulaimon
M. Jones
Allen
Ojeleye
Winslow
Plumlee
Okafor
(Possibly) Turner

You forgot Amile.

Fjordson

Top 15 shooting guard Charles Matthews is announcing his decision tomorrow. I had no idea he was close to a decision. UK has been seen as the favourite for a while, but this timing seems pretty bad for us. Probably headed to Illinois now or maybe Kansas.

If we lose him, then Luke Kennard becomes even more important for the 2015 class. Don't seem to have any major backcourt targets outside of Kennard and Malik Newman.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

We have:

T. Jones
Cook
Sulaimon
M. Jones
Allen
Ojeleye
Winslow
Plumlee
Okafor
(Possibly) Turner

Turner is not coming to Duke, but I don't think Rodney Hood is leaving. He's been a good player, but he's late first round at best. He'd be a junior next year anyway.

The TDD transfer mongers are already talking about Ojeleye transferring, I just think that would be dumb on his part since he's always been since as a 4 year guy. He'll get a shitlload of pt his junior year since most of the team will be gone after 2015.

Jay Williams ✔ @RealJayWilliams
Follow
Mark Turgeon after loss: "We are a better team than Cuse". Boeheim's response: "If they didn't turn it over 18 times, they could say that".

Shame the Turtles leave this year. They could have started another not-rivalry, this one with Syracuse.

Jay Williams ✔ @RealJayWilliams
Follow
Mark Turgeon after loss: "We are a better team than Cuse". Boeheim's response: "If they didn't turn it over 18 times, they could say that".

Shame the Turtles leave this year. They could have started another not-rivalry, this one with Syracuse.

It's fine though, they'll start one with MSU.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Top 15 shooting guard Charles Matthews is announcing his decision tomorrow. I had no idea he was close to a decision. UK has been seen as the favourite for a while, but this timing seems pretty bad for us. Probably headed to Illinois now or maybe Kansas.

Cal was at his practice today so I'd say that bodes pretty well for you guys.

Silkworm

As a Gator fan... my poor heart! :-D Another close win this time against Vandy. On to the next game against LSU who's O'Bryant can definitely go toe-to-toe with Young. Glad the game is in Gainesville.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Solid win for us at home. I was worried after the beat down WVU put on us on the road. Looks like we just had an off week. Need to finish out the season with wins.

DominoKid

refs w/ the clutch make-up call to send it into OT

edit: McDonald and McAdoo should have to walk back to Chapel Hill tonight. Way to be veteran leaders smh.

Broank

Wow Michigan actually had a game winner layup roll in instead of just barely falling off at the buzzer for once. And it was Glenn Robinson at Purdue. Somewhere Gene Keady exploded.

Top Bottom