• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

BhmGdnrIAAAf46A.jpg

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

(Only made possible by Conference Realignment™ . Thank you Based Swofford)

"Hey, let's make Syracuse feel at home by going completely orange. We'll also fill only one end of the arena."

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Late season weekend off for the Blue Devils. I'm going to do something productive with my time.

Or just play a video game.

Duke Spring Football game is tomorrow. Football is an outside sport where you score with touchdowns and field goals. And its not really a ball, its kinda oblong in shape, but you can throw it n stuff.

Silkworm

I didn't know Kevin Nash played at Tennessee
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqEoQwCcAAmiSB.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Huh, me neither. Cool that he played as a center for the basketball program back in 1977-1980 and was there today to help commemorate Dale Ellis's jersey retirement :-)

[quote][img]http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Graphics/GameAction/19780225Tennessee.jpg

Edit: By the way, Tennessee is so far putting the hammer down on Vanderbilt. Nice to see them come out so focused on the day Ellis is being honored and to help keep their chances well alive for getting into the NCAA tournament.

Silkworm

Vandy is really bad. This is like a women's score.

How the fuck did we lose to Vandy?

Like a lot of SEC teams, they don't normally look so hot when they play on the road (of course there are exceptions). At least the Vol loss at Vandy was only 4 points. Now the question is will this Vol team that was on display today show up at Auburn? Win there and beat Missouri and things look pretty darn good for the Vols to get to the big dance (even if they get an early exit from the SEC tournament though I don't expect that to happen).

Edit: Also I blame that funky Memorial Gymnasium for giving Vandy an unfair home advantage ;-)

Silkworm

Syracuse 28-27 at the half. Sort of a good game, would like to see better offense.

Sounds not surprisingly like a defensive minded game. Syracuse's zone is effective and Virginia has a really good defense so a low scoring game is not that unexpected. Not sure it will get any better in the 2nd half, but at least one can admire the defenses.

inm8num2

MSU down by 6 at home with 1:30 left to the worst team in the Big Ten.

This team had issues early in the season with the frontcourt, rebounds, and defense, but now their offense is falling apart.

MSU down by 6 at home with 1:30 left to the worst team in the Big Ten.

This team had issues early in the season with the frontcourt, rebounds, and defense, but now their offense is falling apart.
Nah. Close, but not quite!

e: Make your FTs Malcolm. Belleville East bros!
e2: Damn it Malcolm

Thank you for conceding the game to prove a point to your team, Izzo!

We'll repay the favor in a few days!

It's nice to have good freshmen. Really easy to be optimistic.

inm8num2

Keith Appling is a major liability.

I think his wrist is still bothering him, hence why he doesn't really look for shots.

Plus he missed a few crucial free throws in the last couple minutes.

Still, the injury excuse can't really be used anymore. The team looks lost out there. Quite frankly I think losing twice to Michigan has broken their spirits a bit, on top of everything else. They've been lackadaisical, losing at home to Nebraska and now Illinois (plus the shit show against Georgetown).

I'd usually say it's March so that's Izzo's time to shine, but this team looks like a hot mess right now!

IMO, as long as Payne is alright and Appling can get himself even close to right, you guys will be ok. It's Izzo, they'll come out and beastmode the tourney.

Unless they meet UNC in the early rounds

The classic "Get up to play an emotional game against Duke and then subsequently shit the bed" scenario.

Don't worry Cuse, it happens to everyone in this conference not named UNC. They'll learn.

Virginia's really about to win the ACC tho

Better a true ACC team wins it than some (former) Big East team ;-)

Virginia is the best among the alternatives. A BE team winning it in their first year is a no-go. And I can't stand to see Carolina raise yet another banner when Duke hasn't won the ACC regular-season title outright in 8 years.

Silkworm

Virginia is the best among the alternatives. A BE team winning it in their first year is a no-go. And I can't stand to see Carolina raise yet another banner when Duke hasn't won the ACC regular-season title outright in 8 years.

Wow, didn't realize it had been that long. Just goes to show how competitive the ACC is when it comes to basketball.

Wow, didn't realize it had been that long. Just goes to show how competitive the ACC is when it comes to basketball.

They were joint champs with Maryland in 2010 (but when you tie with the Turtles, I can hardly consider that a championship). Meanwhile UNC has won 5 titles (4 outright) in that span.

Good thing Roy doesn't give a fuuuuuck about the conference tournament or they would have a couple more of those titles too.

Silkworm

They were joint champs with Maryland in 2010 (but when you tie with the Turtles, I can hardly consider that a championship). Meanwhile UNC has won 5 titles (4 outright) in that span.

Good thing Roy doesn't give a fuuuuuck about the conference tournament or they would have a couple more of those titles too.

Ah, the disdain for the Terps :-D Still doesn't feel right with them going to the B1G. But that's just beating a dead horse. I think Calipari ascribes to the same type of disdain regarding SEC tournament as Roy does for the ACC tournament ;-)

BTW, Kentucky you better not make a liar out of me and win this game. Need to wake up and put this bad SC team away. They lost by 17 at home to UGA and lost their last 3 games. No reason to play down to SC's level.

Seth C

Ah, the disdain for the Terps :-D Still doesn't feel right with them going to the B1G. But that's just beating a dead horse. I think Calipari ascribes to the same type of disdain regarding SEC tournament as Roy does for the ACC tournament ;-)

BTW, Kentucky you better not make a liar out of me and win this game. Need to wake up and put this bad SC team away. They lost by 17 at home to UGA and lost their last 3 games. No reason to play down to SC's level.

We have a couple of guys who are, according to WCS, already "comfortable" thinking about the NCAA Tournament. Basically, they give no shots because there are no scours at this game.

I wish we would give them IQ tests before recruiting them because some of these guys are morons.

inm8num2

Ted Valentine is a complete asshole and a disgrace. I fully agreed with Dakich's comments.

I joke about Dakich, but honestly the guy does have good insight. It's just that sometimes he talks too much or focuses on one guy (e.g. Aaron Craft). But one thing I do like is that he always give his honest opinion.

Silkworm

We have a couple of guys who are, according to WCS, already "comfortable" thinking about the NCAA Tournament. Basically, they give no shots because there are no scours at this game.

I wish we would give them IQ tests before recruiting them because some of these guys are morons.

Hrmm, hope things aren't that bad. They do look lackadaisical on defense at the moment giving up easy fast break buckets to SC. Hopefully Calipari gets their attention at half time.

BTW Randle at least plays with a purpose.

Silkworm

Whelp Calipari with a technical foul. Maybe that'll wake UK up?

Edit: Arkansas beats UGA to continue their mojo from beating UK.

Seth C

Hrmm, hope things aren't that bad. They do look lackadaisical on defense at the moment giving up easy fast break buckets to SC. Hopefully Calipari gets their attention at half time.

BTW Randle at least plays with a purpose.

They are that bad. Aaron Harrison and Young only care about things that they think will increase their draft stock. Nothing more. In "unimportant" games that results in purely selfish play. No passing, no defense. Basically just looking for points to pad their stats.

The rest if the team seems to care. I think Randle is far less concerned with the NBA than Young is. Randle isn't selfish. He tried hard. He gets double and triple teamed, but he tries and he cares.

Silkworm

They are that bad. Aaron Harrison and Young only care about things that they think will increase their draft stock. Nothing more. In "unimportant" games that results in purely selfish play. No passing, no defense. Basically just looking for points to pad their stats.

The rest if the team seems to care. I think Randle is far less concerned with the NBA than Young is. Randle isn't selfish. He tried hard. He gets double and triple teamed, but he tries and he cares.
Well I remember this same sort of thing that happened with the Gators:

Donovan kicks NIT-bound Gators out of $12 million practice facility

Maybe it's time for Calipari to show his UK team some similar tough love (if he hasn't already) and get them back on track before it's too late.

Top Bottom