• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

DominoKid

man i almost wish you had to be in the top 8 to play in the ACC Tournament.

none of these teams on day 1 or 2 have a chance at winning and it's just 2 days of shit games.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Both Rice and Abrams are going to have to see reduced minutes next year if the Illini are going to be a B1G contender.

EDIT: Guess Tracy heard me.

Talon

This Maryland - FSU game is ugly. Turnover city.

I'm getting a kick out of this lanky white guy playing for Maryland. Looks terrified whenever the ball is in his hands.

Every time I feel bad about how shit our (Illinois) season has been, I look at Indiana's and feel much better. Crean has to be on the hot seat soon, no?

Maryland is officially out of the ACC

Bye Turtles
tumblr_m5h5aiosaf1r3zat8.gif

McNei1y

Finally, this shitty year has come to an end for the Terps. They better man the hell up for the B1G. This was absolutely disgusting.

thefro

Every time I feel bad about how shit our (Illinois) season has been, I look at Indiana's and feel much better. Crean has to be on the hot seat soon, no?

Getting hotter for sure, but he's got a crazy buyout for the next 3-4 years ($14 milion this year, $12 million after next year, $7.5 million in 2016, $4 million in 2017).

Realistically he probably gets another 2 years at least.

Silkworm

If Pitt loses today to Wake Forest, are they still a lock to make the NCAA tournament? I feel bad for Pitt because they've have a lot of tough close loses, so I hope they manage to win.

UraMallas

Cyclones! Bring on Kansas or OK ST!

Hogue had the game he needed to have - knocking skulls with their bigs. Threesus had another handful of clutch plays to seal the deal.

I think we match up better with KU with Embiid out and OSU is damn hot right now. Not only that, it's hard to beat a team 3 times in a season which is another reason I want KU.

Hate to say this, but I'm pulling for KU in this one!

Arkansas 12 wins in the top 150 RPI. SMU 7 wins in the top 150 RPI. Arkansas also beat SMU head to head. How the hell is SMU in? SMU just lost to Houston(RPI 157). I'd put Arkansas (or just about anyone) into the NCAA tournament instead of SMU.

Silkworm

Arkansas 12 wins in the top 150 RPI. SMU 7 wins in the top 150 RPI. Arkansas also beat SMU head to head. How the hell is SMU in? SMU just lost to Houston(RPI 157). I'd put Arkansas (or just about anyone) into the NCAA tournament instead of SMU.
I guess in the eyes of some "bracketologists" AAC > SEC :p Crazy crap, I know.

How do those numbers look when you change the arbitrary "top 150 RPI" to "top 50 RPI"

Teams outside of the top 50 RPI wont even make the tournament unless they are an auto bid so who cares how many wins Arkansas (or SMU) had against non-tournament teams.

As I said earlier. SMU has 4 wins against the top 100(UConn twice). All the rest of their wins are against the top 100+. They now have 3 bad losses. Temple(172), South Florida(224) and Houston(157). So they have 1 more quality win than they do a bad loss. If SMU makes it by playing a fluff schedule I'll be quite mad. Seriously, look at this shit.

As I said earlier. SMU has 4 wins against the top 100(UConn twice). All the rest of their wins are against the top 100+. They now have 3 bad losses. Temple(172), South Florida(224) and Houston(157). So they have 1 more quality win than they do a bad loss. If SMU makes it by playing a fluff schedule I'll be quite mad. Seriously, look at this shit.

SMU has 4 wins over the RPI top 30, and only 2 losses of teams outside the top 100
Arkansas has 2 wins over the RPI top 30, and only 2 losses of teams outside the top 100

So when you spin it this way, SMU is the better team. It's not as cut and dry as you're trying to make it seem.

SMU has 4 wins over the RPI top 30, and only 2 losses of teams outside the top 100
Arkansas has 2 wins over the RPI top 30, and only 2 losses of teams outside the top 100

So when you spin it this way, SMU is the better team. It's not as cut and dry as you're trying to make it seem.

But Arkansas also beat SMU head to head. Why I even brought Arkansas into the equation of talking about why SMU's resume is horrible. Wouldn't you say Arkansas deserves to be in more than SMU? Take away 5 of those 200+ rpi games and substitute some 50-100 competition and let's see how SMU does.

Silkworm

Man this Texas A&M vs Missouri game is entertaining! On to 2nd OT :) Hope the winner of this game enjoys playing a rested UF tomorrow ;-)

Silkworm

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/Breal31/crean_zps73094896.jpg[IMG]

I believe this was a Crean interview after the game today[/QUOTE]

Hoosiers losing to Illinois... ugh :-( Oh well, wasn't like they were going to the NCAA tournament with a win.

Purdue giving OSU a close game so far.

Yeah Purdue almost had em a couple of times in the stretch there. Nebraska is in for sure now. OSU isn't winning a game in the NCAA's. I know they have some streak of making it to the sweet 16 but it ain't going to happen this year.

Top Bottom