• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

As a State fan would much rather have faced Clemson than Duke, but since both teams demolished us in the regular season (Clemson by 17, Duke by 35) I guess it doesn't really matter that much. A win over Duke would probably get State in whereas Clemson not so much, and a Clemson win over Duke would've possibly crowded the bubble a bit more (something State really doesn't need) and provided a less-quality win should State then beat them, possibly requiring a subsequent win against UVA/Pitt to be in (based both on actually having a decent resume and the automatic berth, of course). Still, though, Duke is just mentally a harder foe for State, State just seems intimidated by that team more than any other in the ACC traditionally.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
As a State fan would much rather have faced Clemson than Duke, but since both teams demolished us in the regular season (Clemson by 17, Duke by 35) I guess it doesn't really matter that much. A win over Duke would probably get State in whereas Clemson not so much, and a Clemson win over Duke would've possibly crowded the bubble a bit more (something State really doesn't need) and provided a less-quality win should State then beat them, possibly requiring a subsequent win against UVA/Pitt to be in (based both on actually having a decent resume and the automatic berth, of course). Still, though, Duke is just mentally a harder foe for State, State just seems intimidated by that team more than any other in the ACC traditionally.

NCSU seems to roll over more for UNC than Duke in my viewing experience. A lot more close games between the two where State either came up short, faded or got jobbed.

This is a talented Duke team, but they are not very good in regards to talent. I think its just a bad matchup for State more than Duke is that much better.

Coach K (unofficially) announced that Rodney Hood is leaving for the NBA after this year last night.

I've always maintained that I'd be more surprised if Hood came back than if Parker did. Hood's an old rising junior in a league where teams are increasingly picking younger players. He has to strike while the iron's hot.

Bowser

Coach K (unofficially) announced that Rodney Hood is leaving for the NBA after this year last night.

I've always maintained that I'd be more surprised if Hood came back than if Parker did. Hood's an old rising junior in a league where teams are increasingly picking younger players. He has to strike while the iron's hot.

Plus a lot of the freshman "phenoms" haven't proven to be all THAT great. Hood would be a solid pick for Charlotte actually (with Detroit's lottery pick, lol thx Dumars), though I don't know if I can stomach 2 dookies on the Horncats :p intrigued by Hairston in the late lottery as well...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So according to ESPN, this is an obvious no call

21jrmtk.jpg

This is what I hate about this time a year. Any other two teams, thats a blocking foul all dey err dey. But we need views and hits on websites and social media buzz, so lets build the narrative that Duke won yet again due to biased refs and general underhandedness.

Its about time for Slate to release its annual "why you should hate Duke" piece and a few other media outlets to follow suit.

Plus a lot of the freshman "phenoms" haven't proven to be all THAT great. Hood would be a solid pick for Charlotte actually (with Detroit's lottery pick, lol thx Dumars), though I don't know if I can stomach 2 dookies on the Horncats :p intrigued by Hairston in the late lottery as well...

I won't lie, when I first read Hairston, I thought of this guy

460x.jpg

Crisco

Banned
I got no problem facing Duke as a State fan, they out talent us by a good margin but we generally play them tough no matter what. Obviously the game earlier this year was an exception, but Duke isn't 35 points better than us. Warren gives us a punchers chance against anyone.

TomShoe

Banned
Man Florida is so good. You can really like how the game is going and you blink and they destroy you.

A lot of great teams do that. You play well for a little while and you feel comfortable. The next thing you know, the other team is on a 12-0 run right before halftime, giving you no chance to come back.

Pitt is doing a good job against UVA so far. Not sure who I should root for, considering I have an admissions decision waiting from UVA. If I don't get in, fuck 'em.

jjasper

Lol got em with a flop.

Oh you can remove them? Oh well guess we didn't. Also if they go to the monitor and able to remove the foul they should totally be able to give a tech to the flopper.

jjasper

Ha.

Also game ended with the bullshit tech on Maymon. Refs ruining a great game by taking one of the best players out of it.

Well at least a founding member of the ACC will win the championship. Crazy to think if Clemson had won last night then the last time any of those teams won an ACC championship was 1987 (NCSU, UVA was 1976, Clemson has never won). Of course Duke will beat State and then UVA and it'll be as it always is.

Silkworm

Okay my blood pressure has come down now....

Didn't expect an easy game for UF vs Tennessee and didn't get one. Defense by the Gators in the 2nd half got them the win when their offense sputtered most of the game (due in no small part to Tennessee's defense).

Glad to have a tough game like that to test the Gators and see them fight through it. If they face UK in the finals that will also likely be a tough game. Anyway, "Go Gators!" :)

Top Bottom