• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is insane. Toughest region ever?

Seth C

Louisville is a #4?

Never had a chance at more than a 3. Anyone saying otherwise was a moron. Still haven't win a game against a good team (even Kentucky beat them).

And I got our seed wrong but I nailed it. Louisville and Kentucky on the same side with duke waiting on the other.

Yeah it looks like Green Bay's not in cause at this point they would be in the same bracket as Milwaukee and they haven't been announced yet.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No way Wichita State comes out of that region.

Committee is taking a massive dump on non-power conferences here.

Bowser

oh god if we get a potential Sweet 16 matchup with Michigan State in our mini bracket in the East. Roy got his own Marvin's Room in Izzo's head.

jjasper

Louisville at four makes no damn sense. I can't figure out how that happened. Is this the last year of this committees term? They have been beyond terrible.

Fjordson

Wow, fell all the way to an 8. Damn. Going to be tough for us to make it out of the first weekend.

And if we do manage to beat Kansas State, I can't wait for all the "youth vs. experience" talk when we play Wichita State :lol

thefro

Which pool of death is worse. Midwest region in the NCAA tourney or USA's pool in the World Cup

The biggest issue for Wichita State I see is K-State or Kentucky are both going to have more fans in St. Louis than Wichita State.

Then in Indy they'll be a road team against Louisville or Michigan.

Plinko

Louisville at four makes no damn sense. I can't figure out how that happened. Is this the last year of this committees term? They have been beyond terrible.

Had to cram them into the Bracket of Insanity somehow. Gotta make sure those smaller schools can't make the Final Four.

thefro

Had to cram them into the Bracket of Insanity somehow. Gotta make sure those smaller schools can't make the Final Four.

It seems to be setup to sell tickets. A lot more teams playing closer to home than normal (i.e. Xavier playing a play-in game at Dayton).

Seth C

Look around. Who is the best team they beat? Memphis wacked them...twice. Kentucky (an 8 seed) beat them. Basically they have no top 30 wins and several top 50 losses.

Memphis also an 8 see. So Louisville has 3 losses to 2 eight seeds. Making sense now?

There we go. The best team Louisville beat all year is a 5 seed, and they split with them.

Plinko

Michigan State looks like they have a real shot to come out of this region.

They're probably ecstatic they aren't in the ridiculous bracket.

inm8num2

I think sometimes these seedings comes down more to matchups and spacing out the top 16 teams, rather than pure top-to-bottom ranking.

I don't necessarily agree with Louisville being a 4, though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Damn those odds are stacked against Wichita. Conspiracy imo

They're going to overcome the odds though. Run the table. The authority can't keep them down.

DominoKid

Providence?
iZzzXxScUxKWY.png

Top Bottom