• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
It wouldn't be called most of the time anywhere in that situation.

If Memphis lost its because they played a stiff over Marc Gasol in the 4th for way too long. That and conleys blown layup 2 possessions prior.
I don't like how Prince and Allen had little playing time.

exarkun

was Batum out tonight? Fake edit: *checks box score* Oooo yea he was. Hmmm then it wasn't really a win, I guess.

O wait, yes it is!

I don't like how Prince and Allen had little playing time.

Allen I understand. Guarding Meeks or Clark is a waste of Allen on defense completely and his offense is so bad it is a negative. Prince was weird. Zbo also didn't play much and they barely used him on offense.

Vahagn

its the reality of star studded big market team fighting for a playoff spot the NBA wants it to have.

Oh stop. Kobe got fouled on that Atlanta late game jumper where he twisted his ankle and the NBA admitted to it. I know you have "I hate LA" and "conspiracy theory" glasses on, but bad calls go both ways. You should work for fox news with that kind of fact collecting acumen.

Unless you're Rubio in Minnesota and you get fouled by... oh.

Kobe in Atlanta. I can come up with a counter point to every LARefs point you make. Except that one Sacramento game way back when, that's pretty insane.

Lionel Hollins won't be giving pondexter 20 min in the playoffs, right? That seems dumb.

Earl Clark the X factor again. That block he made was so good. Too bad Meeks fucked up the momentum of it.

Vic

Allen I understand. Guarding Meeks or Clark is a waste of Allen on defense completely and his offense is so bad it is a negative. Prince was weird. Zbo also didn't play much and they barely used him on offense.
Allen isn't all that bad on offense. He usually abuses weaker teams in the paint regularly. Zbo actually shot 7 for 17. After the way the starters played the beginning of the 3rd quarter, seeing more of that group in the 4th would have been nice. I guess my biggest negative point about the Grizzlies offense tonight is Pondexter missing all those open shots.

The Laker teams of the last two years are actually the least foul prone teams post-merger.

Then again, that could be more about laziness and defensive scheme than preferential treatment.

Vyer

Ha. Out of all the damn 4s the Rockets have been cycling through all year, Greg Smith might be the best one right now.

Also, the Memphis franchise once again exists only to help the Lakers.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Keep moving goal posts. First it's "lol Kobe always gets that call" and then I show he doesn't "but he whines doe"
Maybe you should drop that bass from your tone son because I never said he always gets the calls... but for a fade-away jump shooter his fts numbers are insane
Wade is worse.
Naw Wade throws tantrums but Kobe is always next to a ref when ball is dead

The Laker teams of the last two years are actually the least foul prone teams post-merger.

Then again, that could be more about laziness and defensive scheme than preferential treatment.

Again the players had low foul rates on other teams too.

Lakers have been a mostly low foul rate team in the past because they've forced lots of jumpers due to their bigs. This year it's not true but teams have scored easily in the paint on them which indicates less challenges.

Kobe just a fade away shooter? He's like 5th in the league in shots at the rim among wing players and around there in overall paint shots among wings. Come on blackace.

Vahagn

Maybe you should drop that bass from your tone son because I never said he always gets the calls... but for a fade-away jump shooter his fts numbers are insane

Naw Wade throws tantrums but Kobe is always next to a ref when ball is dead

Dude gets to the rim or in the paint 10-15 times a game. Either passes it out, or shoots. And he gets fouled on most his fadeaway jumpers too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kobe just a fade away shooter? He's like 5th in the league in shots at the rim among wing players and around there in overall paint shots among wings. Come on blackace.

He takes 5 shots at the rim per game.. Ty Lawson takes 5.1 per game..

Really overall the Lakers are 15th in the League at shots at the rim..

Dude gets to the rim or in the paint 10-15 times a game. Either passes it out, or shoots. And he gets fouled on most his fadeaway jumpers too.

This year he has been far more aggressive, for the last 2 years he shot about 3.5 times near the rim..

thekad

Banned
Fuck you Memphis and Phoenix wasting my time until the very end.

Lakers probably need only 2 wins now. Either NO or GS need to pull an upset.

Vic

Hold on, Memphis only shot one FT in the second half? How is that possible!?

He takes 5 shots at the rim per game.. Ty Lawson takes 5.1 per game..

Really overall the Lakers are 15th in the League at shots at the rim..

Because Howard is hacked a ton so it doesn't count as a shot and Pau was hurt so much (hence lower at rim shots).

Comparing to Ty Lawson is bad. I said he's 5th among wings. The only SGs ahead of him are Harden and Wade. Harden is at 5.8, not much higher, and he has TWICE the FT to FGA rate. Durant is at 4.4 and also almost twice.

http://www.hoopdata.com/scoringstats.aspx?team=%&type=pg&posi=S&yr=2013&gp=0&mins=30

This year he has been far more aggressive, for the last 2 years he shot about 3.5 times near the rim..

He also played a lot less minutes 2 years ago, though he's definitely been a bit more aggressive compared to last year because the team has sucked. At Sloan they showed data that superstar players attack more when the games are closer or losing (Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Durant, WB, Parker, etc) and shoot jumpers more when ahead comfortably. Makes sense Kobe has to attack more this year since the Lakers don't have a big differential.

Kobe's FTA/FGA rate has barely changed each of the last 3 years. .34, .35, and .37. It's nothing new. Calling Kobe just a fadeaway shooter is silly. He gets to the rim more than almost every other wing player in the NBA except for his superstar peers (Lebron, wade, Melo, harden).

edit: I guess he's 7th, they list Ellis and Evans as a PG and not a wings. There's only 3 PGs ahead of Kobe, too (YNB,Parker, Lawson). So Kobe is 10th among non-bigs.

Are you Swiss, or do you just love Fed and Thabo?

Btw, I'm getting a Thabo t-shirt soon. Definitely our most underrated player, and I hope he retires in OKC.

i am swiss. i think i already said in this thread that we grew up in the same small village. i saw him play as a young kid and followed him since his bulls days. really nice kid.

Lakers age I know how you feel with all the "rigged" shit around this league and I sympathize

Except for herpes reasons, that fuck deserves everything

KingGondo

Banned
i am swiss. i think i already said in this thread that we grew up in the same small village. i saw him play as a young kid and followed him since his bulls days. really nice kid.
Very cool. If there's any justice in the world he'll get lots of minutes in the playoffs.

Top Bottom