• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Vahagn

The foul on Conley on the shot Blake slapped his arm and now the lay up.

I can make a 30 minute video of Kobe getting hit on his arm in every single contested jump shot. That conspiracy video is just hand picked nonsense. It would be easy as hell to make a counter video

jjasper

Bullshit way to end but oh well still good for home court in round 1 although 3 seed is probably not happening unless Denver collapses now.

Replay shows there wasn't a foul. If that was Kobe and he got that call everyone here would be bitching. Howard jumping away and Conley went into him. A textbook no call

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I can make a 30 minute video of Kobe getting hit on his arm in every single contested jump shot. That conspiracy video is just hand picked nonsense. It would be easy as hell to make a counter video
lol

Specious no call, but the Jazz making the playoffs would be even more egregious. The NBA is giving people what they want, which is a star-studded and controversial Lakers team in the playoffs over a team of no-name scrubs that hails from one of America's worst cities.

Vahagn

And yet so far, zero people have done so.

There were videos on the subject about the 08 Finals showing LA getting robbed by the refs. No one has done that kind of video this season to my knowledge, but it's jot like those LARefs videos show up all the time either.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

haha

Jeff-DSA

Specious no call, but the Jazz making the playoffs would be even more egregious. The NBA is giving people what they want, which is a star-studded and controversial Lakers team in the playoffs over a team of no-name scrubs that hails from one of America's worst cities.

You're the worst kind of person. Nobody outside of LA wants the Lakers achieving anything.

It shows Howard jumping right into Conley.

No it shows the opposite. Don't know what feed you had but the telecast here showed it close and Dwight was jumping the same direction Conley was moving and Conley turned into him trying to draw he call. A foul call would have been ridiculous.

diehard

Fleer

Not a single thing in this post makes any sense.

That's a nice feat.

Jeff-DSA

No it shows the opposite. Don't know what feed you had but the telecast here showed it close and Dwight was jumping the same direction Conley was moving and Conley turned into him trying to draw he call. A foul call would have been ridiculous.

Yeah, man. The NBA never gives the guy a trip to the line for forcing contact...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Grizzlies just couldn't get their offense going tonight. They forced the Lakers to play down to their pace but couldn't capitalize.

wat. someone put up a gif of that last show. dude was bumped midflight by a defender who jumped right into him.
there was contact but it was initiated by Conley. Sometimes the refs call it sometimes not, though it should never be called. And we all know refs swallow whistles late on plays like that.

Anyone here crying about Jamison getting pushed in his shit in the 4th to no call? No one?

I was too busy giving your moms the pipe to give a fuck.

S7zoZ.gif

jjasper

Looks like Howard jumps right into him but Lakers fans won't see that I get it. I also understand that a foul is likely not going to be called there against the Lakers at home.

Emwitus

The Grizzlies just couldn't get their offense going tonight. They forced the Lakers to play down to their pace but couldn't capitalize.

Funny enough. Lakers are much better playing at their pace. Too bad we have a coach who cant figure out how to do it. Mike brown was a master at controlling pace, with all his faults.

EDIT: And pau's game shows it.

linsivvi

there was contact but it was initiated by Conley. Sometimes the refs call it sometimes not, though it should never be called. And we all know refs swallow whistles late on plays like that.

Anyone here crying about Jamison getting pushed in his shit in the 4th to no call? No one?

Looks like some people will be making a fuss out of every single late game call that's not clear cut from here on out.

Sports fans are among the most irrational people.

Looks like Howard jumps right into him but Lakers fans won't see that I get it. I also understand that a foul is likely not going to be called there against the Lakers at home.

Refs have feelings too, and they don't like getting booed. It gets in their skin eventually so if they just make favorable calls for the home team they won't have to deal with the boo birds.

edit: haha, no tacos for Portland

It wouldn't be called most of the time anywhere in that situation.

If Memphis lost its because they played a stiff over Marc Gasol in the 4th for way too long. That and conleys blown layup 2 possessions prior.

I wonder if the Blazers are going to get good defensively with this core. They've just been terrible on D this year and while it's tough to be decent with Hickson and Leonard at center, they should be better if Batum and Matthews are actually good defensively...

I guess it depends on Leonard, but they're not going to be competing at all in the West if they stay this bad on D and I think it's probably too optimistic to expect Batum, Matthews, and LMA to take too many more steps forward defensively.

Top Bottom