• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Game still doesn't matter.

It's nice if the Knicks win to continue the streak and do it against a fully-healthy Western Conference team while shorthanded themselves...but for me, this game is about Melo staying hot and getting that scoring title for bragging purposes. Considering the personnel available versus OKC, we should be down by 80 by now.

good half, especially considering melo isnt being very effective yet. hope he catches fire in the second half and we can keep this up

unless refs interfere

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Game still doesn't matter.

It's nice if the Knicks win to continue the streak and do it against a fully-healthy Western Conference team while shorthanded themselves...but for me, this game is about Melo staying hot and getting that scoring title for bragging purposes. Considering the personnel available versus OKC, we should be down by 80 by now.

It does matter the Knicks are trying to secure the second seed. Nobody wants to play Indiana with homecourt advantage in the playoffs.

masud

Banned
You already are bro

Am I now? I really don't care about this game, division is locked up essentially and Indy gave us a freebie last night. I just want Melo to put up a lot of points for the scoring title. But if they fuck around and try to win I might catch feels...

It does matter the Knicks are trying to secure the second seed. Nobody wants to play Indiana with homecourt advantage in the playoffs.

We're not going to secure that second seed based on a win or loss versus a potential 60-win OKC team. We already trolled everyone this streak - I remember posting here about us winning 50 and having the usual suspects laugh at me/call me crazy in this thread - so I'm not going to push it. This remains a nice win if we can get it, but we can do more to lock #2 down with the games after this one.

Knicks wasting hot shooting on the regular season.

If Melo of the past few games was in the playoff NY would at least make it to the second round.
Did you even read my post? More times than not you don't suddenly shoot well in the playoffs, you carry that over. You can't just turn it on.

cursed_12_nba2000.jpg

Marcus Camby carried over an insane hot streak into the 1999 playoffs, dominated and got a shitty video game out of it.

im feelin it

if you feel it raise your L in the skyyyy

I would make a thread about this if I didn't think I would get banned for it.

neogaf survival guide, chapter 1, paragraph 2: if you think you might get banned for something, chances are you probably will so avoid doing it

masud

Banned
Did you even read my post? You don't suddenly shoot well in the playoffs, you carry that over. You can't just turn it on.

cursed_12_nba2000.jpg

Marcus Camby carried over an insane hot streak in 1999, dominated in the playoffs and got a shitty video game out of it.

That game had really good graphics for the time. (Idk about that one in particular but the series did)

Did you even read my post? You don't suddenly shoot well in the playoffs, you carry that over. You can't just turn it on.

cursed_12_nba2000.jpg

Marcus Camby carried over an insane hot streak in 1999, dominated in the playoffs and got a shitty video game out of it.

No one reads your posts.

I don't think I made the argument you're attacking in your first and second sentences. New York Vahagn.

Marcus Camby was actually on the cover of something...is that the most "marginal" cover player of a sports game all-time?
the game sucked.
No one reads your posts.

I don't think I made the argument you're attacking in your first and second sentences. New York Vahagn.
You want to be playing well/shooting well going into the playoffs, so no Carmelo isn't wasting his shooting in the regular season. Easier to carry it over into the playoffs and if you have a streak of bad shooting. Enjoy your pony avatar.

You want to play well in the playoffs and that's that. Playing well before them means nothing, if anything it makes Melo more likely to have some stinkers to return to his average like he did earlier this year.

Go paint your face.
Even if it's a placebo, would you want to be playing well going into the playoffs or playing like shit (non-tanking and with your starters playing legit minutes)?

Because most NBA teams/coaches stress they want to be playing well.

I'm waiting for your opinion though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Even if it's a placebo, would you want to be playing well going into the playoffs or playing like shit (non-tanking and with your starters playing legit minutes)?

Because most NBA teams/coaches stress they want to be playing well.

I'm waiting for your opinion though.

The Knicks aren't a streaky team now?

I'm waiting.

NYVahagn stahp.

You'd want to do what Miami is doing. Resting your stars and avoid injuries.

It's what Pop wishes he could do right now if his stars were all healthy and he wasn't still fighting for seeding.

In New York's case, Melo has shown when he has hot streaks he follows them up with cold streaks, I'd rather Melo play well and at about his averages than for him to set himself up for a cold streak just before or during the first round.

Top Bottom