• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

:/

Also, what the fuck:

Regardless, the answers some of the class of 2013's top high school prospects gave USA Today when asked how they'd fare in a game of one-on-one against Jordan in his prime are just plain bizarre.

Three of the eight players polled actually predicted they would defeat Jordan, though the comments by Duke-bound Matt Jones have enough false bravado to them that it appears he's kidding. There's no such obvious nuance to the quotes attributed to Kentucky-bound recruits Dakari Johnson and Andrew Harrison.

Said Johnson: "I’m taking him to the post every time. He’d stop me a couple of times, but I’d just keep going back down there. I’d just contest his jump shots and pray that he’d miss. I think in the end, I’d get him though. I’m too big down there."

Said Harrison: "I think he’d get a couple buckets here and there, but then I’d start to lock him down and give him buckets. Yeah, I think I’d get him."

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Can anyone explain the 8th seed situation; what needs to go down for either the Jazz or Lakers to make the playoffs?

linsivvi

pic0325_zps71fb1533.jpg

If the Lakers win against Golden State, I'd say they have a playoff berth in the bag. Spurs will either tank or simply have too many guys out, should be a relatively easy game. The Lakers really only need to go 2-1, as I don't see Utah sweeping the last three games of the season.

Can anyone explain the 8th seed situation; what needs to go down for either the Jazz or Lakers to make the playoffs?

They both have 3 games remaining. If the Lakers win the next 3, Jazz are eliminated. If the Lakers win 2/3, Jazz need to win 3/3 to make the playoffs. I the Lakers win 1/3; Jazz need to win 2/3. If the Lakers go 0/3, Jazz need to win 1/3 to make playoffs

Kobe24

Lakers have GSW, Spurs, and Rockets
Jazz have Minnesota x2(home/away) and @Memphis

Jazz own the tiebreak so right now Lakers need to win out at the moment.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Get ready for some salty Reilo posts. He stopped posting in the second half, probably single handily trying to drown out the Lakers chants.
Or the connection sucks at RG.

But congrats Lakers-age. Way to bitch about injuries before the game and then gloat about beating somebody else's D-team.

Mama would be proud.

AcridMeat

Banned
Did anyone else collect basketball cards as a kid? I wonder how much my Duncan rookie card will be worth when he's in the hall of fame.

Or the connection sucks at RG.

But congrats Lakers-age. Way to bitch about injuries before the game and then gloat about beating somebody else's D-team.

Mama would be proud.

I ain't gloating. Pathetic defensive effort 1st half. Ill take any win, especially in the house of horrors.

Fuck man, lillard is going to be in my nightmares for seasons to come. That kid can play. I really love his he plays.

They ain't winning in Portland again for a long time.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Wow. All I can say about this W is wow. I had zero expectations for a win tonight. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

And sweet mighty lord look at Kobe's stats O_O 17 years in the league and he's still an absolute beast. Who has put up lines like that in their 17'th season?

thekad

Banned
Wow. All I can say about this W is wow. I had zero expectations for a win tonight. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

lmao

Good job Denver. Now the Spurs need to win out for dat 1st seed and can beat GS for us.
And if they lose, we get to play the Spurs with no Manu and gimp Parker.

SUPREME1

Banned
Bean complimenting Lillard in the locker room. Said he told him he's a bad boy. Said he was cooking with gasoline tonight.

Mamba gives credit where it's due.

Bean complimenting Lillard in the locker room. Said he told him he's a bad boy. Said he was cooking with gasoline tonight.

Mamba gives credit where it's due.

Nash for lillard. We'll throw in Earl Clark.

Since Kad said the lakers wouldn't win 3 games they've won 3 in a row.

masud

Banned
Shout out to Kurt Thomas for sacrificing himself for the Knicks. He's probably mean mugging angels in heaven right now...

thekad

Banned
Nash for lillard. We'll throw in Earl Clark.

Since Kad said the lakers wouldn't win 3 games they've won 3 in a row.
I called their 6* game losing streak where they lost to the Suns and Wiz.

*actually 4 of 6 because of Stern Reasons in Minnesota and Sacramento.

Top Bottom