• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

aznpxdd

Well if the Lakers beat the Rockets, both teams will end with the same record, and the season series would be 2-2. whats the next tie breaker?

Conference record, which I believe Lakers have the edge.

Fuck me, this last day is gonna be intense. I'm down for 4 more games of Dwight with Lakers, at least we can see if he mans the fuck up with Kobe's absence.

Fucking Jazz. They should have fewer wins but have outperformed their expectations. I think they've won 10 of 12 games here. So lame.

So now Lakers could be the 7, 8, or the 9. Hopefully, memphis still playing for HCA, wins before the game.

giri

Conference record, which I believe Lakers have the edge.

Fuck me, this last day is gonna be intense. I'm down for 4 more games of Dwight with Lakers, at least we can see if he mans the fuck up with Kobe's absence.

No, first is head2head.

which the jazz have.

Basically, if utah wins, the lakers have to win.

which is lulz.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Missing the opportunity to be swept in the first round sure is something worth getting upset over.

You talking about Jazz fans getting swept by the OKC? They will get upset no matter what if it's Houston that had anything to do with them not getting that last spot and letting the Lakers in. Rockets are losing to some shit teams now :\

I don't believe an injured Spurs team would sweep the Rockets. I want that 7th and it's ours if we beat the bs Lakers. I don't want to face OKC or even lose to the Lakers ugh

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
gah

"Playoff Scenarios on Wednesday (given a GSW win tonight): HOU beat LAL + GSW loss = 6th seed, HOU beat LAL + GSW win = 7th. HOU loss = 8th."

I know it's gonna be 8 somehow and I will blame McFail!

JoeFu

Banned
Yay mavs lost after being up big in first half!

Didn't even care because MH3U is consuming all my free time now.

When is lottery night?

OvmEEle.png

Those numbers are before this game. Needs 1 to tie, 2 to break it in their last game

they should probably remove all those 95-96 guys

pilonv1

Ethan Strauss ‏@SherwoodStrauss 15s

Today in Ray Allen's old: Someone asked if Curry talked to Ray about the record. Curry said no, added that Ray played with his dad.

Damn Steph just killing Ray

AcridMeat

Banned
Pretty awesome game to go to, last home game of the season. Warriors were terrible on defense in the first half, Jack was way worse than his stats show. Barnes kept getting stripped, but Curry went off in the 4th, that was amazing.

Branduil

Rick Carlisle is not happy.

Not happy at all.

DALLAS -- Rick Carlisle bolted a couple of steps onto the court, right in the path of O.J. Mayo dribbling up the sideline, to frantically call a timeout midway through the fourth quarter.

After the referee blew the whistle, Carlisle shot a disgusted stare toward Mayo. The Dallas Mavericks coach appeared to resist the urge to rip the ball away from his 25-year-old shooting guard, who had two sloppy turnovers and a weak foul on a made layup in the minute and a half before that uncomfortable moment.

“I called that timeout just to get you out of the game!” Carlisle screamed at Mayo in the huddle, according to one player.

The trouble is that Mayo tends to have bad nights against the West’s best teams. He has averaged only 10.6 points while shooting 38.2 percent from the floor and 19.0 percent from 3-point range against the conference’s top five seeds. Not coincidentally, the Mavs were 3-15 in those games.

Mayo was especially poor all season against the Grizzlies, a team that tried to trade the former No. 3 overall pick repeatedly and showed no interest in re-signing him last summer. He averaged only 8.5 points and had more turnovers (15) than assists (11) against Memphis this season.

Look for OJ's picture on your milk carton tomorrow.

linsivvi

I misread; the Grizz are ½ a game ahead of the Clippers... they might not tank.

If they tank they have basically conceded home court to the Clippers, even though the Clippers can easily win their last 2, why let your playoff opponent rest their players?

Sacramento deserves a good game for possibly their last NBA game ever anyway.

dalVlatko

During several timeouts, the Cavaliers’ coaches didn’t talk strategy, and didn’t talk about anything at all. They simply watched the clock, looked around at the arena and waited for play to resume.
When the game ended, Irving ran off the floor and skipped a postgame ceremony where Cavs players gave away jerseys and game-worn shoes to fans. A team official said Irving was injured, but that seemed to be news to the 21-year-old All-Star.

"That's what I have?" Irving said sarcastically. "Oh. When was someone going to tell me? I'm hurt again. How long am I going to be out?"

smh

This team is melting down. I think we pushed the tank too far.

Yeah, they're treading on shaky ground with those comments from Kyrie. It's probably pretty close to getting the team fined territory.

Well I almost couldn't believe coaches didn't talk during timeouts---I just can't imagine that kind of thing not spilling out more

And it looks like Kyrie doesn't think very highly of the organization, who knows, we'll see

Top Bottom