• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

It's not nearly as implausible as you guys make it seem. OKC isn't a particularly well-constructed squad, and teams in the playoffs can and will exploit that.

Only team I can see giving OKC any trouble is Memphis and they are sort of an up and down team. SA and Denver are too banged up. We're gonna get a Finals rematch and Heat gonna give OKC that stiff pipe again.

jjasper

Houston can plausibly beat OKC and have done so over the course of the season. I think the Rockets are in a position to make a run at the WCF, but getting Denver in the second round is a complete dead end for them. If they can beat OKC in the first round, they should be able to cruise through the second round and in the best case scenario, a San Antonio team coming into its own has already taken care of Denver by then.

Not really sure how going 1-2 against them and losing by 20+ twice shows they can beat OKC nor do I see how that stellar 2-5 record and the 0-4 on the road against the Clips and Griz equates to a cruise through the second round but maybe I have missed something.

Only team I can see giving OKC any trouble is Memphis and they are sort of an up and down team. SA and Denver are too banged up. We're gonna get a Finals rematch and Heat gonna give OKC that stiff pipe again.

If we get them we could beat them, the problem is that the Clippers and Denver are much worse match ups for us (maybe not Denver as much if Faired isn't 100%) so I am not sure we will get a chance.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm not sure what the Rockets plans are for this game.

Branduil

I think Rick Carlisle just ether'd OJ Mayo's NBA career.

He uhm. You should probably ask him. Just didn't compete the way we needed for him to compete. Its really disappointing.... He wasn't into in the first half. We showed him some video at halftime, how he was just standing around defensively. And said (to Mayo), 'hey, we need ya.' Trying to get him going a little bit. He just had a bad night. But I'll tell you what if I was playing against my former team I'd be ready to go. But that's just me. The good news is there's only an opportunity for one more. I just want to see him show up and compete. He didn't compete tonight. With all the time we've put into helping him develop and bringing him along. In the biggest game of the year, in an opportunity to be a winning team. I was shocked. If you don't want to compete then don't show up.

KingGondo

Banned
Houston can plausibly beat OKC and have done so over the course of the season. I think the Rockets are in a position to make a run at the WCF, but getting Denver in the second round is a complete dead end for them. If they can beat OKC in the first round, they should be able to cruise through the second round and in the best case scenario, a San Antonio team coming into its own has already taken care of Denver by then.
Um... Thunder won 2 out of 3 in blowouts, and the third took a miraculous 4th quarter 3-point barrage by Harden and Lin for them to win at home.

Gun to my head I'd prefer the Lakers, but I'm not afraid of anyone in the first round.

cacophony

im so confused about who i should be rooted for in order for us to play the spurs

I guess we should win tonight and lose against LA on wed. and Hope GS wins out

What? The Jazz have been ballin' for a while now.

I don't know if four wins against above .500 teams in the last two months is really ballin' :/

Definitely not falling apart recently though.

Aren't they now dead last in FT attempts?

In the last few games, but the Magic and 76ers are way behind the Jazz on the season in terms of FTA (and are behind basically every team in NBA history)

pilonv1

OvmEEle.png

3/6 v the Spurs with one and a half games to go. Also the highest percentage of anyone with 200+ makes in a season, except for Glen Rice in 97 who hit 47% on 207 makes.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Harden stinking it up, lets take Lin out instead.

Garbage coach.

Top Bottom