• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Since award stuff is coming out now, I think I'll do some as well:

MVP:

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Duncan
4. CP3
5. Gasol

DPotY: Gasol
6MotY: Favors
RoY: Lillard
CotY: Vogel
MIP: Sanders

No one cares, but a Jazz player wins an award in these selections (which probably won't happen again in the official awards for many years...) so it needed to happen.

:(

KingGondo

Banned
MVP is a foregone conclusion, I think the interesting race will be for first-team all-NBA.

My personal picks:

Paul
Westbrook
LeBron
Durant
Gasol

There's really no way Kobe deserves to be first-team over YNB this year, although he'll probably make it because 1) it's Kobe and 2) the sympathy vote.

dalVlatko

He basically whined about the team tanking and admitted that he wasn't hurt.

No, he left the court after getting punked by Norris Call even though it was fan appreciation night and the rest of the team stayed out and signed jerseys

The Cavs told the press he went to the locker room to get treatment but Kyrie said it was news to him

There's a difference between willing to spend and being a good owner.

The bottom line is that the very best player LeBron ever played with in Cleveland was Mo Gotti.

Its hard to get get people to join your team when your best player can't say if he is going to be on the team for much longer and avoids recruiting others

And despite that the team always spent a lot of money and won 66 games

Gilbert is a dumbass for comic sans but he is willing to spend money and invests in the city. Not sure how you can call him a bad owner

JR or Crawful are getting the 6th man award...for reasons. And no way does YN make the 1st team all NBA.

It's going to be

Paul
Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Duncan

Kobe probably gets the sympathetic vote. Duncan deserves it, but I think he's the only one on your list that isn't an absolute lock.

KingGondo

Banned
Its hard to get get people to join your team when your best player can't say if he is going to be on the team for much longer and avoids recruiting others

And despite that the team always spent a lot of money and won 66 games

Gilbert is a dumbass for comic sans but he is willing to spend money and invests in the city. Not sure how you can call him a bad owner
"Bad" is stretching it, and I never called him that. He just appears to be exceptionally bad at keeping his star players happy. Part of that has to fall on LeBron and Kyrie, but it's definitely a pattern and the factor in common is Gilbert (and the organization).

Smokey

Just put in my order for game 3 playoff tickets at work. Hope I got it in in time. Lower bowl seats too.

Also Asik should win MIP. Just sayin

Lakers against the Spurs would be pure poetry. Lakers in 6.

I've been looking at things and The Lakers really do control their own fate. Win, get in, and face the Spurs, more managable than getting swept by The Thunder. Lose and...let's not even think about that.

And looking at the standing, all those stupid regular season losses will haunt them, even if they do get in.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
holy fuck

He's probably the best defender to have on Paul Pierce. :p

lol but really though can he defend .... or do anything anymore?

So there's no way JR takes his 2.9 mil player option for next season. What the hell are the Knicks gonna do?

We got his bird rights so we can pay him. The question is does he agree to something reasonable like 7 mill a year max to stay on a team where he can excel and live in NY or does he go to the market and then some crazy team like idk the Hawks or the Mavs offer him 8-10. There is a decent chance he stays he's spent his whole career as a journey man and especially after his hellish time in China he should value playing somewhere where he wont be ostracized.

PBY

Banned
holy fuck

He's probably the best defender to have on Paul Pierce. :p

images

lol but really though can he defend .... or do anything anymore?
Pretty much. He can be physical in the post and hit an occasional 3 and that's it.

Which is probably more than James White.
even the Heat media are scared.
Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick about 19 minutes ago
Quentin Richardson signs with Knicks. He's gotten into it with LeBron before, to point where Wade joked that he didn't want to choose sides.

Bryant won the MVP!

clearly well deserved. Hope we will see him in the NBA in the future.

John Bryant got MVP award of the german basketball league today

We got his bird rights so we can pay him. The question is does he agree to something reasonable like 7 mill a year max to stay on a team where he can excel and live in NY or does he go to the market and then some crazy team like idk the Hawks or the Mavs offer him 8-10. There is a decent chance he stays he's spent his whole career as a journey man and especially after his hellish time in China he should value playing somewhere where he wont be ostracized.

I definitely think he prefers NY for the reasons you stated (familar, NY doesn't hate him etc.) but he'll be 28 when next season starts, his value will be at an all time high if he get 6th man of the year and it'll be his last payday. I'd say he's gonna get overpaid somewhere, most likely NY, but that could be because someone like Kahn in Minny offers him the moon due to his SG need/lust.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I definitely think he prefers NY for the reasons you stated (familar, NY doesn't hate him etc.) but he'll be 28 when next season starts, his value will be at an all time high if he get 6th man of the year and it'll be his last payday. I'd say he's gonna get overpaid somewhere, most likely NY, but that could be because someone like Kahn in Minny offers him the moon due to his SG need/lust.

who keeps giving Kahn Money??! didn't he spend it all on some PG somewhere??!

Really though I doubt he goes to minny unless its 12 million for 4 years ridiculous. He was bored in Denver and they allowed legal marijuana wtf is he going to do in Minnesota

who keeps giving Kahn Money??! didn't he spend it all on some PG somewhere??!

Really though I doubt he goes to minny unless its 12 million for 4 years ridiculous. He was bored in Denver and they allowed legal marijuana wtf is he going to do in Minnesota

Minny was so desperate for a 2 guard they gave Roy 5mil per for 2 seasons and dude doesn't have knees.

They'd give JR a nice contract so they don't have to play Luke at SG, but Shump can't fill JR's scoring void, so I think NY would match pretty much any offer unless its structured like Lin's contract and Dolan feels slighted and says fuck you to JR.

I can't see anyone else offering Smith 7 million a year.

Brandon Roy's ghost is getting 5 mil a season in Minny to haunt the bench.

AK47 is getting 9mil this season and 10 next...don't forget Kahn will have lots of money to spend this offseason with SG as his top priority.

Top Bottom