• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

Well I almost couldn't believe coaches didn't talk during timeouts---I just can't imagine that kind of thing not spilling out more

And it looks like Kyrie doesn't think very highly of the organization, who knows, we'll see

It sounds like he's fed up with the bs. I imagine he won't be too pleased if the organization plans on tanking games again next year.

lolz

Kyrie needs to learn how to be a good tank soldier like Wall.

Wall understands that battles have to be lost in order for the war to be won.

Literally everybody out but Wall and Captain Singleton and Tank Commander Vesely. Some D-Leaguers thrown in there because fuck.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think a lot of stuff like that comes from coaching staff at the end of seasons. The coaches all standing there waiting for a timeout to end could just be them completely pissed that the team has shown no ability to run the play or set that was called in a timeout previously.
It's frustrating as crap. You spend an entire season teaching principles and seeing progress with the team and then when it comes to game time the players almost refuse to go play like they can.
There have been many times during a timeout when I want to scream at the team that was on the floor. But so far I have resisted that urge. But there has been times when I drew up a play in a timeout and watched my team go back out there and look like they had no clue what to do. It was a play we had spent hours on over a season practicing. And nothing complex either. Frustrating crap.

Not talking to a team isn't that uncommon. Goes along with what's the point in talking if you aren't listening to me. Irving's reaction is no different than how a lot of young men would react.

It's small consolation since the Magic out-tanked us, but at least we didn't fraudulently make up injuries. We just put the worst possible rotations we could on the floor and let the chips fall. Our lineup of bigs being by far the worst in the league should have made the worst record an easy attainment, but we fucked it up :-(

I think having McRoberts running the point is more shameful than holding guys out as far as injury.

At least the bad players are playing hard. Cats just play terrible ball that can't carry over to the next season in any reasonable shape or way.

Jeff-DSA

G-TYME going for 50 tonight. Jazz get in when the Lakers lose the game when they're down by one and the refs accidentally send Dwight to the line with one second on the clock instead of Gasol.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
G-TYME going for 50 tonight. Jazz get in when the Lakers lose the game when they're down by one and the refs accidentally send Dwight to the line with one second on the clock instead of Gasol.

Are you posting from the future? Or am I not reading the schedule properly?

I think having McRoberts running the point is more shameful than holding guys out as far as injury.

At least the bad players are playing hard. Cats just play terrible ball that can't carry over to the next season in any reasonable shape or way.

Yeah,losing the way we do doesn't exactly teach guys the right way to play. I don't envy our coaching staff, or any other on a rebuilding team. It's a hell of a lot harder to get guys to listen and learn when you don't see the results on the court.

dalVlatko

tydfSZY.png

That's a start, I guess.

Jeff-DSA

So Jazz fans

Would you give us your pick and Enes Kanter to swap picks with the Wizards and draft Burke (assuming wiz get the 5th pick)?

I think I'd like to keep Kanter because his rate of improvement has been quite impressive. We think Burke could be good, but he's not a proven player in the NBA yet. Not sure if I like that gamble. Though I guess some of that depends on what happens in free agency with Jefferson.

KingGondo

Banned
+1

I am ready to watch lots of Lamb Wednesday night. Locking up HCA through WCF was very nice. :)
I was there last night, brought my 13 year-old brother in law from Maine to his first NBA game. :)

Lamb is such a physical freak in terms of wingspan. His fingertips are literally near his knees, and he's so smooth handling the ball and shooting. The more minutes he gets, the less bad the Harden trade looks. Don't get me wrong: it still looks bad, but we didn't get jack shit in return at least.

Oh yeah, and since I forgot to post this after the game last night:

DAT SIXTY

Emwitus

I was there last night, brought my 13 year-old brother in law from Maine to his first NBA game. :)

Lamb is such a physical freak in terms of wingspan. His fingertips are literally near his knees, and he's so smooth handling the ball and shooting. The more minutes he gets, the less bad the Harden trade looks. Don't get me wrong: it still looks bad, but we didn't get jack shit in return at least.

Oh yeah, and since I forgot to post this after the game last night:

DAT SIXTY

This post reminds me so much of justin timberlake. I wonder where all the spurs fans went....hmmm

Vahagn

So LA has a chance to get the 7th seed with a win tomorrow against a super motivated Rockets team that probably wants to avoid FThunder at all costs.

Is Parsons back yet? I have a feeling LA loses, Dwight chokes under the pressure Etc. I just don't see Utah winning in Memphis either way.

Brinbe

Just giving out an advance apology for what assuredly will be a terrible nationally televised performance against the Hawks on TNT tonight.

Hope you all enjoy healthy heaps of Aaron Gray, John Lucas and Alan Anderson!

KingGondo

Banned
Just giving out an advance apology for what assuredly will be a terrible nationally televised performance against the Hawks on TNT tonight.

Hope you all enjoy healthy heaps of Aaron Gray, John Lucas and Alan Anderson!
I've become convinced the Raps are trying to give us the worst pick possible, so they'll probably win.

Screw you guys.

Vahagn

To be fair, the Cavs organization is still a fucking abomination because of Gilbert. I feel sorry for anyone stuck there.

I know Gilbert gets a lot of flack but I give him a pass. When he had Lebron he spent ridiculous money and took back salary and years in every single trade. Dude was willing to spend money to win, which is saying something in a recession 2008-2009-2010 NBA. And now he's tanking because it's the smart thing to do. I hate tanking, and I'm sure a competitor like Kyrie hates tanking - but it's the new craze in NBA front office circles.

Heck, even ultra competitive "I hate to lose at cards" Jordan is embracing the tank. Gilbert ain't a great owner, and he's a jealous biatch that comic sans'd his way to a nixed Lakers-CP3 deal. But he's better than at least 12-15 owners in today's league.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I've become convinced the Raps are trying to give us the worst pick possible, so they'll probably win.

Screw you guys.

I thought that was the plan as soon as you guys got it. No one besides thunder fans want to see them get a top 10 pick and I have a feeling you'll still walk away with a good/better than good center due to luck and can them amnesty perkins to make another move..... bastards

KingGondo

Banned
I know Gilbert gets a lot of flack but I give him a pass. When he had Lebron he spent ridiculous money and took back salary and years in every single trade. Dude was willing to spend money to win, which is saying something in a recession 2008-2009-2010 NBA. And now he's tanking because it's the smart thing to do. I hate tanking, and I'm sure a competitor like Kyrie hates tanking - but it's the new craze in NBA front office circles.

Heck, even ultra competitive "I hate to lose at cards" Jordan is embracing the tank. Gilbert ain't a great owner, and he's a jealous biatch that comic sans'd his way to a nixed Lakers-CP3 deal. But he's better than at least 12-15 owners in today's league.
There's a difference between willing to spend and being a good owner.

The bottom line is that the very best player LeBron ever played with in Cleveland was Mo Gotti.

fertygo said:
Who that most likely OKC draft with 12th pick?
My guess is someone with size, either Len or Zeller probably. We can afford to take a risk on a project big man and just let him develop in Tulsa.

Harden Vs OKC and LA vs SA is infinitely more enjoyable than Utah vs OKC and Hou Vs SA.

Take an L for the greater good of the sport Utah, you know you're used to it.

xnipx

There's a difference between willing to spend and being a good owner.

The bottom line is that the very best player LeBron ever played with in Cleveland was Mo Gotti.

They coulda have had amare but Lebron vetoed the trade cuz he wanted hickson to stay

KingGondo

Banned
I'd probably go with Dieng instead. Defensively between him and Ibaka...goddam.

One thing is for sure though, Presti will pick the right guy.
His record as far as bigs go actually isn't stellar. Aldrich is a pure bust (especially since he was taken at #10), and Mullens isn't very good either (although he's not awful for a late first-rounder). Ibaka was a great pick in the early 20s though, and we've done (comparatively) well with Thabeet and Orton. Both of those guys look like they'll at least stay in the league for a while as backups.

Adams sounds intriguing, but I got chills when I read his DX profile and his NBA comparison was Byron Mullens.

I'd probably go with Dieng instead. Defensively between him and Ibaka...goddam.

One thing is for sure though, Presti will pick the right guy.

Dieng would be the better short-term pick. Adams is on another level athletically though, and he's almost as raw as Biyombo so it might not be the best choice given that OKC wants to contend now.

Top Bottom