• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 April NBA |OT| Pipe Dreams

What do you guys think of hardcore gang bang the site? I was thinking that I would support it once I get a better job.
thinking-yes.gif

Vahagn

MVP is a foregone conclusion, I think the interesting race will be for first-team all-NBA.

My personal picks:

Paul
Westbrook
LeBron
Durant
Gasol

There's really no way Kobe deserves to be first-team over YNB this year, although he'll probably make it because 1) it's Kobe and 2) the sympathy vote.

Kobe > Westbrook and it's not close. More points, More rebounds, Almost as many assists despite playing the shooting guard position, Higher FG%, Higher FT%, Higher 3 pt% despite having to take most his teams bailout shots while YnotBrook has Durant.

So Kobe outperforms Westbrook in every offensive category (All NBA First Team is) except assists by 1.5 and Westbrook deserves All NBA First Team? Looks like Westbrook would be the sympathy vote to me.

I know some people on here think Duncan has been more valuable. Kobe's played 1,000 more minutes than Duncan this season. One Thousand More Minutes. Duncan has literally played less than 70% of what Kobe's played this year. Melo is an argument, but Kobe gets 3+ more assists and shoots a higher % from the line and the field.

linsivvi

MVP is a foregone conclusion, I think the interesting race will be for first-team all-NBA.

My personal picks:

Paul
Westbrook
LeBron
Durant
Gasol

There's really no way Kobe deserves to be first-team over YNB this year, although he'll probably make it because 1) it's Kobe and 2) the sympathy vote.

LOL what? I like YNB but "no way"? Take your homer glass off for a second. Kobe's number is very comparable to YNB's, and is superior to him offensively.

Also, if the Heat doesn't get 2 players on the 1st team, then no way does the Thunder deserve it.

Talon

Kobe > Westbrook and it's not close. More points, More rebounds, Almost as many assists despite playing the shooting guard position, Higher FG%, Higher FT%, Higher 3 pt% despite having to take most his teams bailout shots while YnotBrook has Durant.

So Kobe outperforms Westbrook in every offensive category (All NBA First Team is) except assists by 1.5 and Westbrook deserves All NBA First Team? Looks like Westbrook would be the sympathy vote to me.

I know some people on here think Duncan has been more valuable. Kobe's played 1,000 more minutes than Duncan this season. One Thousand More Minutes. Duncan has literally played less than 70% of what Kobe's played this year. Melo is an argument, but Kobe gets 3+ more assists and shoots a higher % from the line and the field.
Tell me how you feel about Kobe, Vag.

KingGondo

Banned
My retort: we lost Harden, everyone was predicting we'd be way worse, and here we are: SIXTY. Durant is a huge part of that, but Westbrook has been amazing, especially down the stretch.

The Lakers' team performance should disqualify any of their players from first team consideration. The fact that they still might not make the playoffs is pathetic, especially with their talent.

Players from teams that squeeze into the playoffs should be disqualified. If his name wasn't Kobe he wouldn't even be mentioned.

My retort: we lost Harden, everyone was predicting we'd be way worse, and here we are: SIXTY. Durant is a huge part of that, but Westbrook has been amazing, especially down the stretch.

The Lakers' team performance should disqualify any of their players from first team consideration. The fact that they still might not make the playoffs is pathetic, especially with their talent.

Players from teams that squeeze into the playoffs should be disqualified. If his name wasn't Kobe he wouldn't even be mentioned.

Everyone knew you'd be regular season champs, we said those effects would be felt in the playoffs.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kevin Martin in the playoffs.

I repeat:

Kevin Martin in the playoffs.

linsivvi

Bull shit. It's not the MVP award. NBA 1st team has always been used to award individual performances. You are only making this argument now because you know there's no way Durant will win the MVP.

Also, Curry and Harden >>>>> Westbrook. Your homerism is making me troll a player that I rather like.

Vahagn

I knew you'd do that. Here's the thing. I get your point, but that's BS. All NBA First Team isn't MVP Vote. In the MVP team records count. In the All NBA selections they don't. Kobe's been offensively better this year than Westbrook. That's all All NBA First Team is. It's why he was getting the award with the 7th seed in 05-06 too.

Even if team record is your thing, fine. It's clear though from looking at the numbers that Kobe's just been better than Ynotbrook on the offensive side of the ball, no question.

Harden deserve all NBA 1st team SG over YN, Wade too.

Forcing YN into the SG is just another example of Gondo's homerness. At least he didn't put CP on second team for YN's sake tho.

Talon

It's the two best guards, the two best forwards, and the best center.

Are you really prepared to say Russell is one of the two best guards in the league, Gondo?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LOL DAVID THORPE

This has been a relatively unique season for the rookie class, which will likely feature a Rookie of the Year winner who didn't play as effectively as two other classmates.

KingGondo

Banned
Everyone knew you'd be regular season champs, we said those effects would be felt in the playoffs.
I recall lots of playoff predictions from this thread that had OKC as the 3rd or 4th seed.

I'm more against Kobe getting first-team than YNB getting it. If Kobe had carried a team without Dwight to the playoffs, sure I'd be impressed. But even with all the injuries there's no excuse for that team to be on the playoff bubble. It's downright pathetic.

Talon said:
Are you really prepared to say Russell is one of the two best guards in the league, Gondo?
It's certainly arguable. Right now there's a logjam after Paul between Wade, Westbrook, Harden, and Kobe.

charsace

That's why didn't make a thread about it. Personally I like rough sex and most of the women I've been with like a little bit of roughness.

It's certainly arguable. Right now there's a logjam after Paul between Wade, Westbrook, Harden, and Kobe.

nah, Kobe, Harden, Wade (in whatever order) > YN

Kobe and Harden have him in sheer production
Wade has him in overall team success
Harden Wade and Kobe have him in effeciency

Which ever route you wanna go, YN doesn't deserve first team.

Vahagn

I recall lots of playoff predictions from this thread that had OKC as the 3rd or 4th seed.

I'm more against Kobe getting first-team than YNB getting it. If Kobe had carried a team without Dwight to the playoffs, sure I'd be impressed. But even with all the injuries there's no excuse for that team to be on the playoff bubble. It's downright pathetic.

That part's true. But it's not Kobe's fault. And it clearly isn't Kobe's fault on the offensive end of the ball.

Mix in old perimeter defenders without proper defensive coaching or a training camp to figure out coaching strategies and you have bad defensive play. LA's problem is mainly defensive for which Kobe, Pau, First 50 Game Dwight, Nash, and everyone is responsible for.

Offensively their problems are TO's (PG carousel all season) and FT's (Dwight).

linsivvi

So it's arguable now? And yet no way Kobe gets in the first team. Nice backpedaling.

If going by record then Wade should get in the first team. There's also no way the Thunder can beat the Heat in the finals without Harden. Deal with it.

thekad

Banned
That part's true. But it's not Kobe's fault. And it clearly isn't Kobe's fault on the offensive end of the ball.

Mix in old perimeter defenders without proper defensive coaching or a training camp to figure out coaching strategies and you have bad defensive play. LA's problem is mainly defensive for which Kobe, Pau, First 50 Game Dwight, Nash, and everyone is responsible for.

Offensively their problems are TO's (PG carousel all season) and FT's (Dwight).

Their problem was defense and he was their worst defender.

Emwitus

kobe is literally the worst defender in basketball and the lakers are clearly better without him

weak third team candidate at best

LOL I piss on kobe more than the next guy but LA isn't better without him. Delusional haters. Lakers without kobe are probably not even going to make the playoffs.

Harden and Kobe were both horrible defensively this year to the point where they shouldn't be MVP candidates, but I think the offensive gap between Harden and Westbrook is still big enough to where Harden should get first-team.

Darkman M

My personal picks:

Paul
Westbrook
LeBron
Durant
Gasol

Kobe adv more points, rebounds, and only 1 1/2 less assist per game and basically had to carry his team. Injury or no injury Westbrook wasn't getting in over Kobe. Kobe had a hell if a season.

Anyone in best gaf ever been to the Dominican Republic? I'm going there in May and I'm trying to get an idea of what I should look into doing/seeing while I'm there. I freaking can't wait, it'll be my first time in the Caribbean.

linsivvi

Kobe adv more points, rebounds, and only 1 1/2 less assist per game and basically had to carry his team. Injury or no injury Westbrook wasn't getting in over Kobe. Kobe had a hell if a season.

Yep. Westbrook's TS% is a joke compared to Harden, Parker, Kobe, Wade, etc. He should be 3rd team since anyone trying to say he's a better PG than Parker is absolutely deluded.

Top Bottom