• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Vahagn

Sadly the draft can't be purchased like it was with Magic and not every kid is going to say I won't play for the team that is drafting me..

The Lakers made their dynasties with the perfect combo of drafting and free agents. Times have changed tho...and the Laker FO now is looking very suspect

Paul Pierce wasn't Kobe. But somewhere along the line the C's swung for the fences and built a team around him that could contend for years.

I'm just confident that once LA gets that next great player, they'll surround him with the type of talent that can win, instead of wasting 8 years of his career. So it's not so much that we'll get the next top 10 all time player like Kobe or Magic. But that if we a get CP3, or a KG, or a Melo. We'll do a better job of surrounding him with talent required to win then NOH, Minny or Denver did.

Edit: And maybe we win 1 or 2 instead of 5 like Magic and Kobe did. But it's clear to me, Dwight ain't that dude.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't think D'antoni is a bad coach at all, I just don't think he fits this roster at all. I'm confused while watching Lakers games.
Why bother getting Nash and then not have the ball in his hands all the time?
Sitting Gasol?
Not playing Jamison for that long stretch.

Really there isn't a whole lot that goes on during a Lakers game that represents them being a well coached team.
And I think he has made enough poor decisions that the players don't like playing for him and don't like playing with each other.

I don't think D'antoni is a bad coach at all, I just don't think he fits this roster at all. I'm confused while watching Lakers games.
Why bother getting Nash and then not have the ball in his hands all the time?
Sitting Gasol?
Not playing Jamison for that long stretch.

Really there isn't a whole lot that goes on during a Lakers game that represents them being a well coached team.
And I think he has made enough poor decisions that the players don't like playing for him and don't like playing with each other.

Dantoni needs to be with a young team that no one really pays attention to.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dantoni needs to be with a young team that no one really pays attention to.

Young and able to run. He also hasn't shown he can handle big ego players.
Marion was sent packing when he became an issue in Phoenix.
He didn't enjoy coaching Melo at all.
And now he has no clue how to handle Kobe.

Boozer was complete trash tonight. Noah and Deng have been awful since "making" the all star game. Great gameplay and execution from the Spurs.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Boozer was complete trash tonight. Noah and Deng have been awful since "making" the all star game. Great gameplay and execution from the Spurs.
Boozer has been bad tonight, but I'm glad that you also pointed out Noah and Deng being weak, as well. Deng's wrist is flared up again. He didn't want to get surgery to fix it, and claimed that it wasn't a problem. Well, his shot has gone straight to hell again. Noah is just far too injury prone.

Jennings > Wall

He's going make a team go from shit to playoff contender

vzJxQxc.gif

lol celtics. Wonder if that losing streak starts early.

Sucks for barbisa though. Someone saying Boston might get Shelvin Mack to replace him. Isn't he fatter than felton.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Deng is finished again. Idiot didn't want to get the surgery, so there you go. Over the last 10 games, he's averaging 15 points on 33% shooting. I know people point out his defense, but the guy has rarely been able to shut anyone of any significant consequence down in the playoffs. Bulls could have had Melo instead of him right now, but whatever.

At least I have Clips/Lakers to look forward to this week.

xnipx

Wall tonight: 14,4,10,1 on 5-6 shooting
Jennings: 7,1,7,1 on 3-17 shooting

Jennings is Totally the better player tho.

By the way my wizards have won 4 straight holding all opponents under 96 points in the past 9.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Andre Miller taught him that

I wish Andre had kept that to himself.

Wall tonight: 14,4,10,1 on 5-6 shooting
Jennings: 7,1,7,1 on 3-17 shooting

Jennings is Totally the better player tho.

By the way my wizards have won 4 straight holding all opponents under 96 points in the past 9.

Jennings is a much better player than Beal is. He hasn't been playing that well the last week or so though.

Fatalah

This Knicks fan has become a big fan of Brook Lopez. The big fella can ball.

I'm also glad Dwight plays on the other side of the country. A-Rod's enough drama for this town.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Jennings has been handcuffed by the system
Ellis taking over pg duties on some possessions didn't help

Pistons were trying to trade for him before the Raptors/Grizz/Pistons trade happened.

Jennings will probably end up with the Suns in the offseason. They got nothing better playing point.

n/m I forgot bout Dragic

Jennings to the Mavs

That works.

thekad

Banned
Paul Pierce wasn't Kobe. But somewhere along the line the C's swung for the fences and built a team around him that could contend for years.

I'm just confident that once LA gets that next great player, they'll surround him with the type of talent that can win, instead of wasting 8 years of his career. So it's not so much that we'll get the next top 10 all time player like Kobe or Magic. But that if we a get CP3, or a KG, or a Melo. We'll do a better job of surrounding him with talent required to win then NOH, Minny or Denver did.

Edit: And maybe we win 1 or 2 instead of 5 like Magic and Kobe did. But it's clear to me, Dwight ain't that dude.

Thought you could sneak this in :lol. Top 20, maybe.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think jobber is somewhat right about the new system the bucks are running (plus monta's return) fucking him up

but jennings does suck though

Vahagn

Bucher is on the B.S Report. That got me thinking.

What happened to that dude? I never see him with anything on ESPN anymore.

Top Bottom