• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

pilonv1

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons

What's worse than playing the Bobcats during the one game a year when Byron Mullens gets hot? Anything? Fine, a lot of things.

Simmons proving he doesn't watch much NBA again

Vahagn

If Bynum was playing this season as a number1 option that Bynum Vs. Dwight argument would be settled pretty damn quickly.

As it is, this is like the year CP3 blew out his knee, everyone forgot about him, and was on the D-Will Best PG in the league Hype Train.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The only moment of this game that I saw was Rubio hitting a jump shot with like a minute left.

I still love you, Ricky.

Vahagn

and yall hoped this man would carry your franchise post-Kobe?

HELLLLLLLLLL NO. I never wanted Dwight. One good thing came from the Howard trade, not paying Bynum a 100 million.

Neither of those guys can lead our franchise. I'd rather have 4-5 years of crap until we find the next West, Magic, Kobe type player to draft.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'm amazed that the drama with Dwight in LA is on a certain level worst than last year.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
HELLLLLLLLLL NO. I never wanted Dwight. One good thing came from the Howard trade, not paying Bynum a 100 million.

Neither of those guys can lead our franchise. I'd rather have 4-5 years of crap until we find the next West, Magic, Kobe type player to draft.

How often does that come along....

Bread

Banned
kg is so far from toast, doc had been completely misusing him this year. run the offense through him, and buckets will follow

All it took was four months for Dwight to become heel.

He's only a bad guy in the eyes of Laker fans. He's a hero to Laker-haters... but for all the wrong reasons. Seriously though, I don't think making him the scapegoat for all of the team's problems will solve anything.

He's only a bad guy in the eyes of Laker fans. He's a hero to Laker-haters... but for all the wrong reasons. Seriously though, I don't think making him the scapegoat for all of the team's problems will solve anything.

Who else are they going to look at? The Lakers had more success with lesser talent last year.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
How often does that come along....

Sadly Laker fans have been spoiled by having the greatest of the greatest players not name Bill, MJ, Bird or Dream

West retired in 74 and Magic was drafted in 79..

Kobe was drafted in 96 the year Magic made his debut at SF..

They also had Baylor, Jabbar, Shaq and a few other huge names in those times.. So of course they just expect the next huge thing to just fall from the sky

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sadly Laker fans have been spoiled by having the greatest of the greatest players not name Bill, MJ, Bird or Dream

West retired in 74 and Magic was drafted in 79..

Kobe was drafted in 96 the year Magic made his debut at SF..

They also had Baylor, Jabbar, Shaq and a few other huge names in those times.. So of course they just expect the next huge thing to just fall from the sky

But that's my point, it can't always fall that way... can it? besides Shaq wasn't drafted, he was a trade, which a lot were hoping Dwight was going to be that guy.

Who else are they going to look at? The Lakers had more success with lesser talent last year.

I'd say look at the front office that bet the farm on a really old team and a center coming off back surgery as well and hired a coach that has mostly proven incompetent at defense and coaching big men.

Bread

Banned
Doc playing Bass to close out games. Good job costing the game playing a piss poor defender and mediocre offensive player.
yup as much as i like bass's mid range, id rather have green out there for his aggressive play on both ends. (did i really just write that?)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The New Orleans Pelicans are going to have body paint jerseys and beads.

And they will have a new home arena ritual to rival what the Thunder fans do. Everyone stands and then when the Pelicans score their first basket all the women flash their tits.

Blackace

But that's my point, it can't always fall that way... can it? besides Shaq wasn't drafted, he was a trade, which a lot were hoping Dwight was going to be that guy.

so was Kareem and Wilt.

It has always been that way for the Lakers why should they expect it to be different now?

Tom Penny

yup as much as i like bass's mid range, id rather have green out there for his aggressive play on both ends. (did i really just write that?)

Green was killing it the whole game. Zero excuse for that stupidity. Cost them the game. 18 points in 24 minutes. Don't play him at all in the 4th. Clever.

Vahagn

As someone pointed out. West stopped playing in the early 70's. Less than a decade later we drafted Magic. Already had Kareem.

Magic played his last Finals season in 91, 5 years later we drafted Kobe. Roughly waited 10 years in between championships between those guys getting drafted. After Kobe retires, we'll have 7 years to draft the next great player, or make a draft day deal.

It's not about "expecting" people to fall out of the sky. Pretending like the Lakers have no idea what they're doing and are just "lucky" is about as crazy as thinking LA can get the next Magic every time they draft in the lottery. The reality is something in between. LA swings for the fences when they make trades or draft players, and once they have these players, they surround them with talent and spend money. I don't expect this basic formula to change.

What we don't do is draft a KG or a CP3 or some other great player, and then surround him with mediocre talent for 8 years. There have been plenty of incredible people who have come into the league in the last 15 years who weren't surrounded with the talent required to build Dynasties. That's something I'm confident LA won't make the mistake of doing.

If Kobe retires in 2014 and we don't overpay Dwight and have a mediocre team. We should have 1 or 2 great players drafted or acquired through trade before 2020.

Blackace

As someone pointed out. West stopped playing in the early 70's. Less than a decade later we drafted Magic. Already had Kareem.

Magic played his last Finals season in 91, 5 years later we drafted Kobe. Roughly waited 10 years in between championships between those guys getting drafted. After Kobe retires, we'll have 7 years to draft the next great player, or make a draft day deal.

It's not about "expecting" people to fall out of the sky. Pretending like the Lakers have no idea what they're doing and are just "lucky" is about as crazy as thinking LA can get the next Magic every time they draft in the lottery.

But If Kobe retires in 2014 and we don't overpay Dwight and have a mediocre team, We should have 1 or 2 great players drafted or traded for before 2020.

Sadly the draft can't be purchased like it was with Magic and not every kid is going to say I won't play for the team that is drafting me..

The Lakers made their dynasties with the perfect combo of drafting and free agents. Times have changed tho...and the Laker FO now is looking very suspect

Top Bottom