• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

PBY

Banned
Cool - So then Lebron in 2005-2006 is "basically the same player" as Lebron today right? Go look at the stats and tell me that's not the case.

For that matter, Kobe in 2013 is basically the same player as Kobe in 2003 or 2009 right? I mean the stats are pretty close similar.
You keep saying that- I never said he was?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
So I met Greg Oden this weekend when in vegas...

He laughed when I told him that I honked twice.

Im not even from Portland.

I also want to laugh in your face whenever you bring up "5 rings" as an argument

In LeBron's first 7 years in Cleveland, Ohio, his best teammate........was not 1/10th the player Shaq in his prime is. or even Gasol

do you realize that Antawn Jamison was supposed to be some kind of a key addition

diehard

Fleer
I also want to laugh in your face whenever you bring up "5 rings" as an argument

In LeBron's first 7 years in Cleveland, Ohio, his best teammate........was not 1/10th the player Shaq in his prime is

Uh that's a Jazz player you are insulting good sir.

In LeBron's first 7 years in Cleveland, Ohio, his best teammate........was not 1/10th the player Shaq in his prime is. or even Gasol

do you realize that Antawn Jamison was supposed to be some kind of a key addition

Yeah, but Kobe had to play with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker for a couple of years so LeBron's bad teammates are irrelevant compared to two years of Kwame and Smush.

Emwitus

Yea, 'five rings' has always been pointless with LeBron. He was in J/HS for 3 of em.

smh. So are wade's rings any less important cause lebron was the goat on that team? Could lebron win a ring without wade? Or wade without shaq? Or timmy without parker? etc etc. 5 rings is 5 rings. Doesn't make kobe better, but it's a huge accomplishment nonetheless.

I personally think LeBron did pass around a little too much in the first finals with the Heat. He's acknowledged too he needed to balance out when to be aggressive scoring and when to look to teammates.

But Vag's argument is really dumb because it's all that imaginary BS. On the last plays of games LeBron WILL shoot if he can but if someone else has a good shot he's always willing. Apparently that's a crime though

smh. So are wade's rings any less important cause lebron was the goat on that team? Could lebron win a ring without wade? Or wade without shaq? Or timmy without parker? etc etc. 5 rings is 5 rings. Doesn't make kobe better, but it's a huge accomplishment nonetheless.
Wade still had a very effective Mourning, surprisingly effective (though inconsistent) Antoine Walker, and the refs in 2006.

Vahagn

You keep saying that- I never said he was?

No - you said Stats are a measure of how good you are. That people who used to criticize him and think he's gotten better now are "crazy" and "suffering from confirmation bias" or whatever bullshit.

I love people who say "I look at stats" and then you point stats to them and logical conclusions based on those stats and they refuse to agree.

You: "Lebron pre Championship and post championship were basically the same player, look at the data"

Me: "Ok so Lebron's data in 2005 were basically the same as 2012 or 2013. Is he basically the same player?"

You: "Uh I never said that"

It's a huge accomplishment but shouldn't be used as an argument regarding individual games

Yeah, but Kobe had to play with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker for a couple of years so LeBron's bad teammates are irrelevant compared to two years of Kwame and Smush.

Lebron waited until after the first round to give up though.

At least Kobe tries

HE WILL GO DOWN SHOOTING

Vahagn

I personally think LeBron did pass around a little too much in the first finals with the Heat. He's acknowledged too he needed to balance out when to be aggressive scoring and when to look to teammates.

But Vag's argument is really dumb because it's all that imaginary BS. On the last plays of games LeBron WILL shoot if he can but if someone else has a good shot he's always willing. Apparently that's a crime though

Really? You weren't watching D Wade handle the ball for the majority of the fourth quarter possessions in the 4th quarters in the Dallas Series?

Was he "shooting it when he has a good shot and always willing" when he was scoring 2 points a game against Dallas in the fourth quarter?

Holy crap, just admit you're wrong. Your argument is "He was willing against Chicago, so he must have been willing ALLL YEAR"

It's like the:

Fanboy: "He shut down Derrick Rose, he's the best perimeter defender ever!"

Me: "And Jason Terry torched him for 4 games in the fourth quarter the very next series"

Fanboy: "crickets"

Really? You weren't watching D Wade handle the ball for the majority of the fourth quarter possessions in the 4th quarters in the Dallas Series?

Was he "shooting it when he has a good shot and always willing" when he was scoring 2 points a game against Dallas in the fourth quarter?

Holy crap, just admit you're wrong. Your argument is "He was willing against Chicago, so he must have been willing ALLL YEAR"

Do you realize you just quoted a post where I literally said "I personally think LeBron passed the ball around too much in his first finals with the Heat and he acknowledges as such"

like holy shit dude are you understanding a single word you read or is this just a win/lose argument for you

Emwitus

Dallas will never get credit for winning that title. Jesus.

I hate the mavs but they killed it that season. I mean, Swept Reigning champs LA, Backdoor swept OKC, schooled lebron. It doesn't get any better than that. I still think if cuban kept that team together they might have made another run.

Vahagn

Do you realize you just quoted a post where I literally said "I personally think LeBron passed the ball around too much in his first finals with the Heat and he acknowledges as such"

like holy shit dude are you understanding a single word you read or is this just a win/lose argument for you

and then you said "he's always willing"

The fact that you contradicted yourself in the same post isn't a measure of my reading comprehension skills buddy, but of your logical reasoning skills.

It's like the:

Fanboy: "He shut down Derrick Rose, he's the best perimeter defender ever!"

Me: "And Jason Terry torched him for 4 games in the fourth quarter the very next series"

Fanboy: "crickets"

This is you

Everybody else: Facts and logic

You: WHAT WOULD KOBE DO

Everybody else: ???

You: Look at this argument you are making! *Makes shit up*

and then you said "he's always willing"

The fact that you contradicted yourself in the same post isn't a measure of my reading comprehension skills buddy, but of your logical reasoning skills.

I didn't contradict myself, what the fuck are you talking about? I said he is a player who will take the shot if it's there but he will pass it if he sees something better. And I said the Dallas series is the one series where everybody and him knows he passed too much. Is there a contradiction in there?

My god dude

Vahagn

This is you

Everybody else: Facts and logic

You: WHAT WOULD KOBE DO

Everybody else: ???

You: Look at this argument you are making! *Makes shit up*

Cool. So we admit Lebron wasn't "Always willing to shoot when he had a good shot" Against Dallas. During the Finals. On the Biggest Stage of his life. Earning him the nickname LeDefer until he proved otherwise.

Cool got it.

You keep confusing "Facts" with "Stats". If you don't know why the two are different - there's really no reason to have a conversation with you.

Pimpwerx

We had a chance to win that series, but Dallas deserves their credit. We weren't the only team they beat and made look stupid. Dallas had a great postseason and earned their banner. PEACE.

scaled.php

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Low BBIQ chucker. I still LOL at one of the home games last season when right off the opening tip, Jenning's first idea was to dribble up the court and heave a 30ft clanker. Dude might be the most overrated guard in the league. PEACE.

Ah no worries. You don't have to like the kid. I picked the Bucks as my fav team a while back cause of Bogut and I wanted to cheer for a dark horse small market team. Keeps it fun. :)
But I have no emotional attachment to Jennings so unlike so many other people here I'm not gonna get up on my soapbox and tell you how wrong you are.
Kid works hard. Plays fast and has some serious skills. Doesn't make the best choices all the time. But he works hard. I'm good with him for now.

Cool. So we admit Lebron wasn't "Always willing to shoot when he had a good shot" Against Dallas. During the Finals. On the Biggest Stage of his life. Earning him the nickname LeDefer until he proved otherwise.

Cool got it.

You keep confusing "Facts" with "Stats". If you don't know why the two are different - there's really no reason to have a conversation with you.

Nobody is confusing facts with stats, again you are pulling an argument out of your ass that is non existent. I'm not actually arguing numbers or trying to prove some point. I'm just telling you that your logic is retarded

:( finals Peja was best Peja

I hate the mavs but they killed it that season. I mean, Swept Reigning champs LA, Backdoor swept OKC, schooled lebron. It doesn't get any better than that. I still think if cuban kept that team together they might have made another run.

He should have paid them, they got swept by OKC but if you look at the box scores, they lost by 1 in game 1, lost by 3 in game 2 and lost by 6 in game 4, only game 3 they were blown out

you have Chandler and Barea and whoever else left and it might have been Heat/Mavs part 3

Vahagn

And Efficiency is over rated because people here, and around the basketball world are beginning to pretend that "more efficient" = "better".

That may be the case but many other times it's not.

Click TS% List

If you think that's the list of "best offensive options". You'd obviously be wrong for example.

Click Assist % List

If you think that's the list of "best playmakers and passers". You'd obviously also be wrong.

There are lots of obviously wrong conclusions that can be drawn from stats. Even advanced stats. Even efficiency stats. Some wrong conclusions are less obvious but still wrong nonetheless.

Nobody is confusing facts with stats, again you are pulling an argument out of your ass that is non existent. I'm not actually arguing numbers or trying to prove some point. I'm just telling you that your logic is retarded

Sigh. I said "you must get your opinions from ESPN STATS and information" and your response was "Yes I do rely on facts".

So yes, you are confusing stats with facts. If you're going to contradict yourself every single time you open your mouth, please refrain from pressing submit.

And Efficiency is over rated because people here, and around the basketball world are beginning to pretend that "more efficient" = "better" so that I can always argue for Kobe

In that instance, was I wrong?

ESPN stats and info are facts. What YOU'RE saying is that you can't take those facts as an end all to an argument when comparing players.

If you wanna get into this real specific wordplay with me---then you should imply I stop typing, instead of opening my mouth, which I really can't do.

Vahagn

In that instance, was I wrong?

ESPN stats and info are facts. What YOU'RE saying is that you can't take those facts as an end all to an argument when comparing players.

If you wanna get into this real specific wordplay with me---then you should imply I stop typing, instead of opening my mouth, which I really can't do.

This has nothing to do with Kobe.

And yes you were wrong, because you argued that drawing conclusions from Stats immediately makes your conclusions factual. That's actually incorrect. It could be logical, but also incorrect as long as your premises are incorrect.

"Someone who is playing more efficiently is playing better" is not necessarily a true premise. But if you say for example:

"Someone who is playing more efficiently is playing better" and "Player A is playing more efficiently than player B based on this measure of efficiency" you must conclude that "Player A is playing better than player B"

That's the level of basketball "analysis" these days. But it starts with an incorrect premise of Efficiency = Better. Hence "efficiency" is over-rated.

This really has nothing to do with Kobe at all. But LOL at your inability to discern basic things.

Vag, your grasp of player roles is a bit lacking.

Not sure shot creators should really be compared to big guys who get five shots a game and all of those shots are wide open dunks created by their teammates. Or spotup shooters who get open threes off of penetration from their teammates.

Unless you're arguing that LeBron's efficiency is because of him not creating his shot as much as Kobe or something insane like that.

This has nothing to do with Kobe.

And yes you were wrong, because you argued that drawing conclusions from Stats immediately makes your conclusions factual. That's actually incorrect. It could be logical, but also incorrect as long as your premises are incorrect.

"Someone who is playing more efficiently is playing better" is not necessarily a true premise. But if you say for example:

"Someone who is playing more efficiently is playing better" and "Player A is playing more efficiently than player B based on this measure of efficiency" you must conclude that "Player A is playing better than player B"

That's the level of basketball "analysis" these days. But it starts with an incorrect premise of Efficiency = Better. Hence "efficiency" is over-rated.

This really has nothing to do with Kobe at all. But LOL at your inability to discern basic things.

I am going to LOL at your ability to make things up on the fly to support your 'winning' argument. I'm going to stop cause at this point you're in full on denial mode

Congratulations, you won on the internet! I hope your lover Kobe enjoys watching the Suns take your lottery pick as much as I will.

Top Bottom