• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Suns will probably draft Noel with their own pick and stash him for a year as he rehabs with their medical staff as they tank for Wiggins

not for nothing all signs point to this being their strategy on how to get the most bang for their buck. Use the strength of your medical/training staff to compensate for your weaknesses everywhere else.

giri

Suns will probably draft Noel with their own pick and stash him for a year as he rehabs with their medical staff as they tank for Wiggins

Aaron Nelson is off contract after this season i believe.

He'll probably get fired before the end of the season though.

Zeus Molecules

ok here is another rumor but there seems to be interest on both sides between the knicks and the timberwolves.

Luke Ridnour for Brewer (and some other pieces from the knicks to make it add up) If it happens the Knicks would likely then try harder to get amundson to fill the roster spot that would be left open from whomever had to be added to the trade.

The only side issue is to make it work the knicks would have to trade all their reserves (Cope, White Flight, Kurt,) along with brewer. (which doesn't affect the team much unless injuries happen)

this is being reported by Alex Kennedy.

Wolves wanted Brewer earlier and Ridnour would be insurance in case felton (who got whiplash the last game) gets injured again

linsivvi

Imagine if players had to go through 4 years of this, risking injuries and without getting paid at all.

Oh they will get a degree and won't be stupid, am I right?

As if people who don't go to college are by default stupid. What a bullshit excuse.

KingGondo

Banned
not for nothing all signs point to this being their strategy on how to get the most bang for their buck. Use the strength of your medical/training staff to compensate for your weaknesses everywhere else.
Serious question:

What the hell is so special about Phoenix's training staff? It just surprises me that medical professionals on other teams are apparently so deficient in comparison.

Edit: what DominoKid said.

Anthony Bennett has moved up to #2 on Ford's big board.

I guess 3-4 tweeners will be always be popular to draft too high even if their success rate when picked in the lottery is like 0%.

Zeus Molecules

i dont get how they're medical staff is so much better than everyone elses?

Serious question:

What the hell is so special about Phoenix's training staff? It just surprises me that medical professionals on other teams are apparently so deficient in comparison.

i don't know but its clear they have faith in it. Attempting to get Gordon in the FA for a Max when he was still injured (and having his injury history) throwing a solid player (with a lower ceiling) and a 1st rounder for a shump coming back from an ACL injury. its becoming at the very least a trend.

If its a real thing then what they are doing is arguably moneyball lvl's of smart when it comes to gaining an advantage from piece's other teams will overlook. Also I think Noel's might be there if they want him draft night. Oden is way to fresh in any teams mind for an injured player to go top 10 not when he misses combines and march madness where other players will shine. He should be there when the suns pick.

giri

Serious question:

Google Aaron Nelson.

The suns medical team is just run much much much much better than any other program.

med staff stuff

There's numerous articles about it around.

Of course, Aaron Nelson will probably go elsewhere at the end of the year.

Hopefully to the wolves, i'd love to see what a healthy wolves could do.

Oh, but as an aside, most suns fans know the name of their head trainer. That should probably tell you how important he is to the team.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Serious question:

Firstly, it's usually not the "medical staff", but the training staff. The medical staff is rarely brought in, unless it's necessary, and it's usually the training staff that is there day to day. Now, my theory on why they're so much better is because they heavily invest in it. They have state of the art equipment, and put a lot of money into that department. Another reason why is because of the Arizona climate. Many patients are told to move to Arizona because it's great for the body. I'm not exactly sure why, but I've seen plenty of patients told that in my limited experience in the medical field.

EDIT: Yeah, like the article Giri posted, they invest heavily into their training staff, and make sure that they have the latest equipment and techniques.

giri

Could the Suns revive Brandon Roy?

What playa said.

Roys problem with his knee's are that there is basically no cushoning left anywhere in his knee's and continuing to pound on them like he is is just causing bone on bone grinding at this stage.

He doesn't need training help, he needs a knee transplant.

Well, actually, he just needs teams to tell him No.

H0kvAey.jpg

What playa said.

Roys problem with his knee's are that there is basically no cushoning left anywhere in his knee's and continuing to pound on them like he is is just causing bone on bone grinding at this stage.

He doesn't need training help, he needs a knee transplant.

Well, actually, he just needs teams to tell him No.
Is he still with the wolves or has he re-retired? at the pace his knees are going he'll be really fucked when he's older.

... kids? There's a thread that people still follow it. Never really liked the show, but they did have 1-2 seasons where I followed it and it was nice.

EDIT: The funnier thing is that the Green Ranger later became the White Ranger.

Jeff-DSA

... kids? There's a thread that people still follow it. Never really liked the show, but they did have 1-2 seasons where I followed it and it was nice.

EDIT: The funnier thing is that the Green Ranger later became the White Ranger.

No, the show was always total trash. From day one it was an embarrassment.

Jeff-DSA

Admit it, you had a crush on the Yellow Ranger growing up.

Also, out of curiosity, what tags have you guys had and how many have you gone through? Personally, I've gone through 5... -_-

I will admit that the pink(?) ranger was cute, but it wasn't enough to make the show watchable. Voltron, or GTFO.

Top Bottom