• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Vince is going in the Hall of Fame
Pierce is going to the Hall of Fame
Grant Hill is going to the Hall of Fame

McGrady isn't.

Fuck this world.

Pimpwerx

McGrady isn't.

Fuck this world.

Wasn't DMC his biggest fan? Did he stop posting in the NBA threads after he first hurt his back in Orlando? PEACE.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Emwitus

Holy snaps. Great conversation on espn la radio.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8944818&s=la

Apparently, dwight never really set the picks on the pick n roll in orlando. They would have anderson set the pics and act as a decoy while dwight backdoored to the basket. Guy might not even know how to roll. That really explains his travelling almost every time he does the roll anywhere close to the free throw line. Dwight is totally a system player on offense. He better get his mind set on being a defensive player...cause we ain't winning any other way.

Apparently, dwight never really set the picks on the pick n roll in orlando. They would have anderson set the pics and act as a decoy while dwight backdoored to the basket. Guy might not even know how to roll. That really explains his travelling almost every time he does the roll anywhere close to the free throw line. Dwight is totally a system player on offense. He better get his mind set on being a defensive player...cause we ain't winning any other way.

are all Laker media people degenerate idiots? Dwight + Jameer/Hedumb pick and roll is basically all Orlando ran and was the entire reason they were able to get those shooters open

Emwitus

are all Laker media people degenerate idiots? Dwight + Jameer/Hedumb pick and roll is basically all Orlando ran and was the entire reason they were able to get those shooters open

Well, the stats said that's all they run....but after shelbourne asked duhon, he said they rarely run pick n roll with dwight as the primary pick setter not that they never run pick n roll. Again, he mentioned the shooters would set the pick while another shooter would set the pick for dwight on the weak side. I guess, duhon is the idiot. They are basically saying he was run off multiple picks and never set the actually pick that rolled him to the basket. Go figure.

javaledunks.gif

javaleregression.gif

Well, the stats said that's all the run....but after shelbourne asked duhon, he said they rarely run pick n roll with dwight. I guess, duhon is the idiot.

who the fuck cares what duhon said? fucker will be bagging groceries after his contract is up

ryan garrity didn't even join the team until the 2009 season, the year after they made the finals running a billion 3/5 pick and rolls

Vahagn

Vince passing Bird on the all time scoring list is just wrong.

I'm scared of the day Lebron passes Jordan and idiots who never watched Jordan argue Lebron was a better scorer...LeSigh

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

McGrady isn't.

Fuck this world.

Grant Hill was a better player in his prime... PP won chips

and Vince jumped over a Frenchman

Blackace

I'm scared of the day Lebron passes Jordan and idiots who never watched Jordan argue Lebron was a better scorer...LeSigh

I have never heard anyone say Vince is a better scorer than Bird...

Basketball has a way of really hyping their past legends..

Vahagn

I have never heard anyone say Vince is a better scorer than Bird...

Basketball has a way of really hyping their past legends..

Let's hope you're right.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/50736/qa-dirk-nowitzki-on-the-mavs-struggles-his-favorite-shot-artist-and-refusing-to-watch-shark-tank

Has this been posted? I've always really liked Dirk, this interview is awesome.

Edit: Especially his answers on TD and Kobe IMO. I think that generation of greats really has a fondness for each other.

This whining is getting unbearable. People act like Vince wasn't talented or something. And Lebron probably wont pass MJ.

Blackace

This whining is getting unbearable. People act like Vince wasn't talented or something. And Lebron probably wont pass MJ.

My problem with Vince is he could have been maybe the greatest player or one of the greatest to play if he gave a fuck in his prime. At some point he just decided to get his 20 to 22 and that was that

Vahagn

Vince was a jackass that cheated the game by putting in below a 100% effort and not even scraping the ceiling of the potential he had because of his physical gifts. Larry Bird is the single biggest over achiever EVER in the history of the game by maximizing every ounce of physical talent and giving his body and mind so completely to the game of basketball. What Vince Carter did, was done by the 70's NBA players and they had a good excuse - cocaine.

My problem with Vince is he could have been maybe the greatest player or one of the greatest to play if he gave a fuck in his prime. At some point he just decided to get his 20 to 22 and that was that

Yeah he was a big waste but still. Its not that surprising.

Vahagn said:
Vince was a jackass that cheated the game by putting in below a 100% effort and not even scraping the ceiling of the potential he had because of his physical gifts. Larry Bird is the single biggest over achiever EVER in the history of the game by maximizing every ounce of physical talent and giving his body and mind so completely to the game of basketball. What Vince Carter did, was done by the 70's NBA players and they had a good excuse - cocaine.

Yet carter still scored more buckets. Big fucking whoop. Guess what? Lebron will pass him next year. Oh the humanity.

shira

Yeah he was a big waste but still. Its not that surprising.
He's not a waste, he just wanted to get paid and not fuck up his body so he could play a long time. He saw what it would take to win a championship - play hurt, take contact. don't beg for fouls, play defence and he said fuck it. His knees are already gone but he's still chugging along - dunks once in while but settles for the jumper. Pretty damn smart.

He didn't Harold Miner, but he didn't Jordan either.

He's not a waste, he just wanted to get paid and not fuck up his body so he could play a long time. He saw what it would take to win a championship - play hurt, take contact. don't beg for fouls, play defence and he said fuck it. His knees are already gone but he's still chugging along - dunks once in while but settles for the jumper. Pretty damn smart.

He didn't Harold Miner, but he didn't Jordan either.

Vince Carter has never been worth dick on any team he's ever graced with his presence

I'd take early 90's no back Bird over Carter every damn day.

Edit: A nascar ad over the nba thread? That was well thought out...lol

Emwitus

Boy were guys salty about the celts trash talking during there hayday. LOL.

"Something like the Patriots. They were undefeated and lost in the finals," Iguodala said of the NFL team that lost in the Super Bowl after a season of running up the score. "Everyone knows they [the Celtics] won a championship and everyone knows they're a great team. It takes away from the feat. Teams don't respect that."

That's iguodala after getting his bum kicked in 09. Funnily enough, garnett ended up getting injured and they never made it to the finals.

MooseKing

Banned

It wasn't that he didn't give a fuck. He suffered two absolutly horrible knee injuries back to back. It completely limited the way he could play. Although he could shoot, he dominated by driving to the basket.

He came back early both times from the injury.

Look at Rose. The guy is going to be out for over a year, and everyone is fine with it. The same injury that ended Alvin Williams career, Vince came back from.

He also developed Sinding-Larsen-Johansson disease which further limited his ability.

Vince Carter in his prime was amazing. The year he averaged almost 28 PPG he was balling like I have never seen before. To put it into "modern" terms for those that never watched. He was dunking like Lebron James and Blake Griffin (better), and scoring like Kobe and Durant.

Vince's injuries, coupled with his awful decisions on where to play are what hurt his career.

I am not saying he didn't get lazy. I just think the attitude that eventually developed came from being depressed about injuries destroying the way he played.

i wish Marshon Brooks had made that rookie sophomore game, I like that kids game. Pure scorer and a good athlete with nice ball handling skills. I hope the Nets trade him off to a team where he can get some good minutes, hes wasted in Brooklyn.

i wish Marshon Brooks had made that rookie sophomore game, I like that kids game. Pure scorer and a good athlete with nice ball handling skills. I hope the Nets trade him off to a team where he can get some good minutes, hes wasted in Brooklyn.

You'd think that with Deron out due to cankle soreness and the Nets rumored to be featuring him in a trade he could get some burn, but he's just too free for PJ to turn him loose.

Edit: Vince balled his ass off his first two years in Jersey.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

While I can understand Lakers fans and media wanting the great Ryan Anderson in town instead of Dwight, those guys on the radio are pretty lol.

diehard

Fleer

Wait, you mean the guy that last year in said game made one of the dumbest basketball moves in history by grabbing a rebound, backing up 2 full steps into a teammate just to brick a 3?

Pimpwerx

Too late. SVG already said that about Lebron yesterday on the Lebatard Show. LOL! PEACE

Too late. SVG already said that about Lebron yesterday on the Lebatard Show. LOL! PEACE

Before we send Vag into a frenzy (which is the last thing we need) let's be clear about what SVG said: he said Michael is the better and more creative scorer. And is better at special teams AKA free throws, but he isn't better at anything else

Talon

Before we send Vag into a frenzy (which is the last thing we need) let's be clear about what SVG said: he said Michael is the better and more creative scorer. And is better at special teams AKA free throws, but he isn't better at anything else
This reminds me of the circa-2005 Kobe-MJ conversations.

Bill Walton: "Kobe is a better scorer because he doesn't have two or three go-to spots, he's able to score from anywhere."

Wait, you mean the guy that last year in said game made one of the dumbest basketball moves in history by grabbing a rebound, backing up 2 full steps into a teammate just to brick a 3?

who gives a shit. one of the participants in this years contest is a starter who shoots 37% from the field

Jeff-DSA

I've been saying that for a long time. Nobody listens to me. Not even diehard.

Top Bottom