• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

The Celtics make out like bandits if they get Jordan and Bledsoe for KG.

As for the Clippers...I'm iffy on how I feel about it. It's a win now move that I'm not sure is strong enough to put them over the top and will leave them gutted of talent once KG is gone.

I wonder if the Clippers could make the roster adjustments to sign Cp3, keep Blake and offer Dwight a deal in the summer.
edit: looks like they could by dumping DJ and others by the deadline, but it would be a major gamble that could blow up in their face if Howard ignored their offer

Tony Allen is sour.

@Jon_Roser: TA on Rudy Gay saying Demar Derozan is the best SG he's played with: "What's his resume? What does his resume hold for him to say that? Has he ever played in the playoffs?"

@Jon_Roser: TA on Rudy saying Derozan is best SG he's played with: "I guess that's what the league is now. Highlight dunks & alot of points...and lose"

Yeah, sorry Tony. Nobody anywhere is trading DeRozan for you.

charsace

Good trade for both teams. I think that offensively Jordan can do more than he does now with the clippers. Jordan improved over the summer, he just can't show much on the Clippers. Bledsoe and Bradley would be fun to watch.

Mahonay

Banned
Tony Allen is sour.

@Jon_Roser: TA on Rudy Gay saying Demar Derozan is the best SG he's played with: "What's his resume? What does his resume hold for him to say that? Has he ever played in the playoffs?"

@Jon_Roser: TA on Rudy saying Derozan is best SG he's played with: "I guess that's what the league is now. Highlight dunks & alot of points...and lose"

Yeah, sorry Tony. Nobody anywhere is trading DeRozan for you.
Talk about delusions of grandeur.

jjasper

If I was building a team I would take Tony over DeRozan. There are plenty of chunkers in the NBA but not many elite defenders. Also I listened to the interview he was pretty funny the guy was trying to set Tony up to talk shit about Gay the whole time.

Mahonay

Banned
If I was building a team I would take Tony over DeRozan. There are plenty of chunkers in the NBA but not many elite defenders.
Let's be serious here. Even so, Tony Allen is half the player DeRozan is.

I like Tony Allen as a great support player, but talk about extreme jealousy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If I was building a team I would take Tony over DeRozan. There are plenty of chunkers in the NBA but not many elite defenders. Also I listened to the interview he was pretty funny the guy was trying to set Tony up to talk shit about Gay the whole time.

I agree with you. He's a much better overall player.

And he's right too, what the hell has DeRozan ever done in his career? Dude has been a scrub level player his entire career.

Let's be serious here. Even so, Tony Allen is half the player DeRozan is.

I like Tony Allen as a great support player, but talk about extreme jealousy.

stahp. let's not overvalue Demar here. Raptors fans wanted to stab themselves when he got his extension and theres a reason for that.

Mahonay

Banned
stahp. let's not overvalue Demar here. Raptors fans wanted to stab themselves when he got his extension and theres a reason for that.
I'm not saying he's one of the best in the league, just quite a bit better than Allen.

I never knew a third year player has no hope of improving.

I never got all the DeRozan hate.

Then I remember I only see him when he plays the Sixers....

and it all becomes clear.

I'd trade Turner for him tho.

At least I'd get to see some sick dunks with my soul crushing losses.

Cloudy

Banned
As a Kobe fan, this whole MJ/Kobe/LeBron debate is hilarious. The anti-Kobe folks slandered Kobe and diminished all his accomplishments while propping up LeBron and others (2 Nash MVPs lol) so much over the years before they even deserved to be even in the same sentence with Kobe. A lot of this was to protect Jordan's status as the GOAT. How could Kobe be anywhere close to Jordan when he's never been the best in his own era!?!?

However, LeBron has proved over the last decade that be belongs in the GOAT conversation. Now the Jordan Legacy Defense Force has a big problem on their hands that they unwittingly helped to create. Bron is putting up better stats with more efficiency than MJ, looks poised to get a bunch of rings (who is going to stop Miami anytime soon?) and will win more MVPs than MJ.

All they have left is the rings argument. Hmm, winning suddenly matters again?

Tom Penny

As a Kobe fan, this whole MJ/Kobe/LeBron debate is hilarious. The anti-Kobe folks slandered Kobe and diminished all his accomplishments while propping up LeBron and others (2 Nash MVPs lol) so much over the years before they even deserved to be even in the same sentence with Kobe. A lot of this was to protect Jordan's status as the GOAT. How could Kobe be anywhere close to Jordan when he's never been the best in his own era!?!?

However, LeBron has proved over the last decade that be belongs in the GOAT conversation. Now the Jordan Legacy Defense Force has a big problem on their hands that they unwittingly helped to create. Bron is putting up better stats with more efficiency than MJ, looks poised to get a bunch of rings (who is going to stop Miami anytime soon?) and will win more MVPs than MJ.

All they have left is the rings argument. Hmm, winning suddenly matters again?

Lebron is clearly better than Kobe. Not much of a debate.

Cloudy

Banned
Better scorer, passer, defender, rebounder, human being etc...

He's not a better scorer. Kobe was leading the league till he changed his game the last few weeks.

I already gave you passing and defense/rebounding is based on athleticism. I don't judge players off the court...

MooseKing

Banned
Tony Allen talking shit about Demar is hilarious. For a few reasons.

* Demar is better at every single aspect of offensive basketball than Tony Allen. Period. Tony Allen couldn't be less respected offensively. He is given open jumpers and misses them. It's sad, and he should feel bad about that.

* Obviously Tony Allen is insecure with his own ability. Anytime someone says something about him, he has to get hostile. Cowards do that. You don't see Lebron going out and disrespecting players every single time something negative is said about him. He puts up.

* Demar has been in the league for three seasons. Sadly, he was not lucky enough to have Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierece dropped into his lap. Then Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol and Rudy Gay.

* Tony Allen prides himself on his defense. Yet if you go to www.nba.com/stats and sort the defensive statistics by 8-24 feet, where guards defend. He is actually....not good at all. Not only has Demar allowed less FG, but he holds his oppnents in most cases to a lower shooting percentage than Tony Allen. It is not until you sort by 5 foot range does Tony Allen become AVERAGE, and that is because he has two dominanet big men playing help defense, and Demar has, well...Bargnan. Moreover, Demar STILL holds his oppnents to a lower shooting percentage.

Sorry Tony. You insecure child. You have peaked, enjoy the next couple years of your career before Memphis starts to lose and you have a permanent place on the bench watching Demar do all those Highlight dunks you talk so much about.

Cloudy

Banned
Coming off my success with the Kyrie prediction, I have another. Kobe will win ASG MVP.

PS: I also think Demar is a much better overall player than Tony Allen

Coming off my success with the Kyrie prediction, I have another. Kobe will win ASG MVP.

PS: I also think Demar is a much better overall player than Tony Allen
I like how you call that prediction "successful" even though it was so easily predictable

just because some random guy on the internet disagreed with you doesn't mean this is any shit to be proud of, vanessa

He's not a better scorer. Kobe was leading the league till he changed his game the last few weeks.

I already gave you passing and defense/rebounding is based on athleticism. I don't judge players off the court...

lmfao

Cloudy

Banned
What? Many people here like Kyrie's game.

We all like his game. I argued that he wouldn't start due to NBA politics and I was right

he is talking about spo picking bosh to start. of course spo will choose his own guy

Knicks were looking like they'd have the better record at the break when I made the prediction. Woodson wouldn't have picked Kyrie either..

We all like his game. I argued that he wouldn't start due to NBA politics and I was right
it has to feel good to be right when you're wrong about so much

Knicks were looking like they'd have the better record at the break when I made the prediction. Woodson wouldn't have picked Kyrie either..

please just say the words "the pacers are contenders" and fuckball will leave us quicker

KingGondo

Banned
<3 Tony Allen.

3257778.jpg.9831.0_display_image.jpg

One of the best ever.

:lol at Raps fans saying DeMar is better. Tony's a winner, a fucking champion. DeMar isn't known for shit except dunking and acne scars.

linsivvi

he is talking about spo picking bosh to start. of course spo will choose his own guy

Ah, I see. Well it does seem odd that he would replace a guard with a PF, favoritism or not.

But still, when somebody is wrong 9 out of 10 times, I don't think he can hang on to that one time he's right. It's just a random occurrence.

Bread

Banned
<3 Tony Allen.

3257778.jpg.9831.0_display_image.jpg

One of the best ever.

:lol at Raps fans saying DeMar is better. Tony's a winner, a fucking champion. DeMar isn't known for shit except dunking and acne scars.
He was so fucking good before the knee injury, it still blows my mind that he is an impact player in the league 5+ years later. Him and Gerald Green were probably the most athletic teammates I've ever seen. I wish he never left Boston.

KingGondo

Banned
IMO OKC is the real fuckball team. They aren't going anywhere unfortunately...
You obviously haven't watched much of us this season. Our ball movement is way better and our assists are way up. We're playing some pretty ball this season.

He was so fucking good before the knee injury, it still blows my mind that he is an impact player in the league 5+ years later. Him and Gerald Green were probably the most athletic teammates I've ever seen. I wish he never left Boston.
Ironically, Gerald Green was the #1 recruit in the country and headline our #1 recruiting class in 2005.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=408164

Ah, what could have been. All those players except Terrel Harris and Byron Eaton busted out. Gerald would have been so much better if he had stuck around in college for a year and learned some defense and fundamentals.

Emwitus

This is why Duncan, KG, and Marc Gasol are the best defenders in the league (perimeter defense is based more around athleticism I suppose, but Deng is the best perimeter defender in the league and I'm not sure he's a freak athlete)

Length, weight(size), athleticism, IQ etc etc all have an impact on defense. Kobe has the IQ part but lacks most of everything else now apart from maybe length against some guards.

Top Bottom