• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Jordan and Melo would probably make the playoffs with Steve Nash and Dwight Howard as teammates

If I had 2 overall #1 draft picks, who were the most dominant of their era, leave my team and go to THE SAME TEAM, I'd be Red Blaster salty too.

And...they both left shortly after getting handled in the Finals to go to said same team!

MooseKing

Banned
Tonight is the night

nba_g_ross_gb1_640.jpg

Dont-get-it-twisted-Terrence-Ross-can-fly.-Issac-Baldizon-NBA-Getty-Images.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I would trade the entire Raptors roster for Rubio. Maybe we could keep Ross, just so he has someone to throw the ball to.

I would trade the entire Raptors roster for Rubio. Maybe we could keep Ross, just so he has someone to throw the ball to.

Rubio, Ross and three random Euroleague guys with no NBA skill other than hitting .340 on 3s. I bet they could play .300 ball just as well as the current Raptors.

Scooby am disappoint in you.

Our offense is "hope Jrue or out "shooters" are hot or else idfk swagshots all day with the occasional wtf was that Hawes with a side of yell at Turner".

Jrue is pretty easy to stop. Just double team him and watch as his teammates shit themsleves forcing him to try to DWade throguh every double team...and fail.

Basically Jrue needs some help.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Update: David Kahn still bad at his job. Just in case anybody forgot.
Take, for example, the dizzying series of moves emanating from the Al Jefferson trade to Utah. In July 2010, Kahn traded Jefferson to the Jazz for center Kosta Koufos, a 2011 first-round pick, and a 2012 first-round pick. Seven months later, as part of the blockbuster deal that sent Carmelo Anthony from Denver to New York, he traded Koufos to Denver and Corey Brewer to New York in exchange for center Eddy Curry, forward Anthony Randolph and cash.

Curry was waived a week later. Randolph played 57 maddening games for the Wolves over the course of a season and a half and Minnesota chose not to renew his contract. Ironically, he is now riding the bench in Denver, where both Koufos and Brewer happen to rank among the Nuggets’ top seven in minutes as the team has compiled a 33-21 record. Meanwhile, Jefferson currently leads the Jazz, who have a record of 30-24, in minutes, points and rebounds.

It's best that we don't talk about what happened to those picks.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A bunch of people would. Most Raptor teams over the last 8 years have been some variation of that.

I wish one of our teams over the past 8 years tried to build around a point guard, rather than a soft big like Bosh, or Bargs. Calderon was great for what he was, but was never some sort of franchise cornerstone.

Rodeo Clown

That's...wow. So basically Kahn/McHale turned KG turned into the Nuggets bench?

I'm still fine with what McHale got for Garnett. Jefferson, Gomes (a decent starter for us), and the #6 pick is pretty good. It's what Kahn did with the pieces that's terrible. I think Jonny Flynn is in the Australian league right now.

He eventually turned Al Jefferson into Chase Budinger, who played 6 games for the Wolves. All those picks basically became air.

Rodeo Clown

Wait, one is Derrick Williams (2011), but what's with that 2012 first rounder? No recollection.

You see, after Sam Cassell sabotaged the 04-05 season, he was so toxic that the only way to get rid of him was to package a pick with him. That was ultimately the Wolves' 2012 first, which went to the Clippers, who traded it to New Orleans, who picked Austin Rivers.

You see, after Sam Cassell sabotaged the 04-05 season, he was so toxic that the only way to get rid of him was to package a pick with him. That was ultimately the Wolves' 2012 first, which went to the Clippers, who traded it to New Orleans, who picked Austin Rivers.

so it could be worse right?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Sounds to me like Kahn is good at his job. That foresight.

Rodeo Clown

so it could be worse right?

I guess, yeah. We could have one of the worst players ever.

Basically, Kevin McHale was a much better GM than Kahn. I'm not joking, either. Really glad his contract expires at the end of the year.

Although I keep reading that Flip would be the next GM, which weirds me out.

Top Bottom