• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Emwitus

You obviously haven't watched much of us this season. Our ball movement is way better and our assists are way up. We're playing some pretty ball this season.

I don't think you guys are beating miami...not unless something major happens to lebron. I see okc as the bulls in the 80s. Jordan couldn't win till magic started declining. Unfortunately, the west ain't doing you guys any favors either. Spurs are a trade away from being unstoppable, nuggets are coming up, the clippers have chris paul and minnesota next season will have a healthy love/rubio/perk.

KingGondo

Banned
I don't think you guys are beating miami...not unless something major happens to lebron. I see okc as the bulls in the 80s. Jordan couldn't win till magic started declining.
Not disagreeing with you. We need an added dimension or an injury to Bosh to have a fighting chance.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Presti makes a move. We have lots of assets.

MooseKing

Banned
So they play the play the total opposite against the Heat?

Total Opposite would be a kind statement.

Durant got 28 points in garbage time while behind 20 points and nobody defending him b/c nonone wanted to risk a foul and the game was already over.

Raptors did better against the Heat.

Cloudy

Banned
This is why Duncan, KG, and Marc Gasol are the best defenders in the league (perimeter defense is based more around athleticism I suppose, but Deng is the best perimeter defender in the league and I'm not sure he's a freak athlete)

Those are taller and have more reach than most guys they defend though. Also (like you said), perimeter defense is much more different than interior defense..

Cloudy

Banned
You obviously haven't watched much of us this season. Our ball movement is way better and our assists are way up. We're playing some pretty ball this season.

That's great but when the shots aren't falling or the other team is playing good D, your guys just launch themselves into the paint for fts. FUCKBALL

I prefer to watch guys just missing shots instead of ft contests

Bread

Banned
trading Jeff Green now while hes actually good ? lol Ainge :/
fuck Josh Smith

trade Bass for Smith though :p
Would you rather have traded him when his stock was low and got a shitty return? Sell high, get a proven guy like Smith.

hahahaha i saw this on realgm
Celts17Pride said:
A. Sherrod Blakely @SherrodbCSN
#Celticstalk: FWIW, every #Celtics player except Fab Melo has a better defensive rating this year than #Clippers DeAndre Jordan.
sully00 said:
He doesn't know how to use the stat he thinks higher is better. Oh my head.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2013.html

did blakley really think KG had the second worst d rating on the team? :lol

Tom Penny

Would you rather have traded him when his stock was low and got a shitty return? Sell high, get a proven guy like Smith.

2 problems. Josh Smith wants max. Josh Smith has his head up his ass and takes KG jumpers and 3's on offense for no apparent reason.

You guys are insane. DeRozan's really come on this season, and was able to plow through double teams and carry the load as primary scorer for most of the year on a team with nobody else who could create their own shot (Lowry & Bargs missed a ton of games to injury). He's worked his ass off and added something to his game every season.

And give me a break on the "but Allen's a super rare elite defender" stuff.

Code:
Opp SG eFG%/PER

Allen: .451/12.3 PER
DeRozan: .485/ 11.8 PER

3% difference over 100 possessions , which is obviously offset several times over by the difference in their own TS% and offensive production. And keep in mind Allen's played on great defensive teams with talented bigs to back stop him, while DeRozan's been playing with Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon. And he still has the superior OPP SG PER

There's a reason why at age 23 DeRozan has already started more NBA games than Allen has in 9 years.

MooseKing

Banned
You guys are insane. DeRozan's really come on this season, and was able to plow through double teams and carry the load as primary scorer for most of the year on a team with nobody else who could create their own shot (Lowry & Bargs missed a ton of games to injury). He's worked his ass off and added something to his game every season.

And give me a break on the "but Allen's a super rare elite defender" stuff.

Code:
Opp SG eFG%/PER

Allen: .451/12.3 PER
DeRozan: .485/ 11.8 PER

3% difference over 100 possessions , which is obviously offset several times over by the difference in their own TS% and offensive production. And keep in mind Allen's played on great defensive teams with talented bigs to back stop him, while DeRozan's been playing with Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon. And he still has the superior OPP SG PER

There's a reason why at age 23 DeRozan has already started more NBA games than Allen has in 9 years.

It's no use. I posted up all the advanced stats on Reddit. I have -20 down votes currently. They down vote you until the post collapses so nobody can see it.

Nobody wants to hear it apparently.

MJ,Bron and Pippen clubbing I guess
tumblr_mibnxcbXeG1rfimo0o1_500.jpg

It's no use. I posted up all the advanced stats on Reddit. I have -20 down votes currently. They down vote you until the post collapses so nobody can see it.

Nobody wants to hear it apparently.

It's all good. The first game back from the All Star break just happens to be Memphis @ Toronto. I am gonna be there and I will be drunk as fuck and psych the hell out of Allen.

Then the world will see who is the true fist of the north star.

Those defensive stats are weird, they say Allen is only marginally better than Derozan on D but it doesnt match up with what my eyes see when I watch them at that end of the floor. Must be due to Allen being assigned to better scorers

Those defensive stats are weird, they say Allen is only marginally better than Derozan on D but it doesnt match up with what my eyes see when I watch them at that end of the floor. Must be due to Allen being assigned to better scorers

I'm not going to argue that he isn't better on D, or that he isn't valuable. But he's also so limited that he's only averaged 20 mpg for his career. His last two seasons that's gone up to 25-26, but his inability to score or spread the floor by hitting the 3 means coaches can't leave him out there for 36 minutes. He can't stay on the floor with the guy he's matched up against.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

Individual defensive statistics are tough to measure because there's too much noise. I don't really think they're worth anything.

MooseKing

Banned

Demar was guarding Lebron, Durant, Wade when they play here.

Tony Allen is a better defender than Demar, it's just not by as huge of a margin as everyone thinks.

Tony Allen has also been on nothing but good/great defensive teams since entering the league. Of course you are going to have good defensive stats when KG/Rondo/Marc Gasol and guys like that are there helping you.

Tony Allens was put onto a team that was going nowhere until they made a massive trade and won a championship. Then he somehow acts as if it was his sheer ability that allowed them to win.

He was injured and didn't play when they won the chip. Who is he kidding.

tony_knee_doc400300.jpg

Tony Allen contributing to the chip.

I had no idea until know that James fucking White was in the dunk contest.

I know he's 30 know, but still... dunk contest went from a "meh" to "can't wait" event.

Hopefully he puts on a show.

DeRozan's on/off defensive stats are really mediocre and his teams are consistently terrible on defense, but he's a SG on a team with Bargnani so I'm not sure he can be judged that well.

Tony Allen has Marc Gasol on his team, but none of the other players on the team other than him and Gasol are special defensively and yet they're 1st in defense despite also being first in offensive rebounding rate. Allen's defensive on/off stats have been great even when OJ Mayo was his backup.

Don't like either player that much though so whatever.

I would agree with Rodeo in that you can't really believe in advanced defensive statistics.

Is this how you will talk yourself out of a KG trade?

Turns out MJ had his birthday party in Houston.
tumblr_mib3idnPRN1qcn8kfo1_500.jpg

Can't find full body pics that show off his faded jeans to go with his black suit and jacket top.

What do these guys have in common?

Both born in the exact same State I was.

Both wear and promote Jordan Brand.

Both highly successful basketball players.

Both failed at marriage while Kobe came through in the clutch.

Top Bottom