• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

exarkun

The Rockets must have won tonight, they have posters here.

You make me sad diehard.

Even said it was OK after that last loss.

Tbfair tho, the rox keep getting lucky with this shit. Last time, g-tyme wasn't in and this time you have a semi-banged up curry and a douche in bogut.

AcridMeat

Banned
I was working tonight so I didn't see any of the Warriors game. Finished watching the Sharks lose then checked the score....

fuck

So this is the worst case scenario for Pau's injury:

Plantar_Fasciitis1.jpg

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
First time I've been genuinely proud of my Lakers in a loooong time. Really good, gritty win.

Man, that Phoenix game is even more bullshit though... fucking back to backs, man. ugh

MRI tom for pau right? What's the estimated recovery time?

Yup MRI tomorrow. As for recovery time if it's torn, I found this

"According to Dr. Stephen M. Pribut, who specializes in podiatric sports medicine, full recovery time for torn plantar fascia typically takes between seven and 12 weeks."

If it's torn he won't be back until April 2nd at the earliest, May 7th at the latest. He could be done as a Laker.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
We really can't catch a break worth shit this season. The best thing to happen to us was Earl Clark and Mike Clown getting fired. That's literally it...

PBY

Banned

"According to Dr. Stephen M. Pribut, who specializes in podiatric sports medicine, full recovery time for torn plantar fascia typically takes between seven and 12 weeks."
Damn that's brutal. Hope it turns out to be a best case scenario

Brown was a clown. should never have snubbed Phil Jackson and even if they didnt wanna go to Jackson, they should have rode it out with Bickerstaff for a year and shopped for a "name" in the offseason.
as a Laker hater tho, its been wildly amusing seeing Dantoni stumble about.

From what I heard is that if he completely tore the fascia, then he can play without missing time. It takes a long time to heal but you can do stuff on it.

If he strained it, he could miss time (it's way more painful and hard to move).

According to the ESPN article, about half the guys with a strain like that miss about a month. some 3 weeks, others 6.

If any of this is accurate, we're supposed to hope he tore the whole thing I guess. I'm not looking forward to the news, I think he'll be out a while.

shira

If it's torn he won't be back until April 2nd at the earliest, May 7th at the latest. He could be done as a Laker.

Pau for Bargs.

It is inevitable now.

Vahagn

From what I heard is that if he completely tore the fascia, then he can play without missing time. It takes a long time to heal but you can do stuff on it.

If he strained it, he could miss time (it's way more painful and hard to move).

According to the ESPN article, about half the guys with a strain like that miss about a month. some 3 weeks, others 6.

If any of this is accurate, we're supposed to hope he tore the whole thing I guess. I'm not looking forward to the news, I think he'll be out a while.

Kobe's post game interview on the court he said "hopefully he tore his fascia, so this way he can play and fully recover" I was baffled. But I guess with your post it makes sense. That's trippy.

linsivvi

ESPN said:
"He's probably worried about the damage in his shoulder," Bryant said. "I don't think he's ever had to play through injuries in his career. I think it's a new experience for him."

"When I was growing up, going through high school and middle school, unfortunately but fortunately I dealt with injuries," Bryant said. "Not injuries that were debilitating but injuries you have to play through where you have to manage the pain. When you go through those things you learn your body and what you can push through.

"But Dwight has never been hurt. The [back injury last season] was debilitating and he couldn't play. When you have an injury that hurts you but you can play through it that's something you have to balance out and manage and he's never really had to do that."

The message was blunt: suck it up.

LOL.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
judging by the Toyota Center, Rocket fans sure do.

Traffic is a bitch in Houston and that game was well out of hand. I'm really sorry for you that this game brought back awful memories of the 125-80 slaughter where your own fans wanted our team to win by 50.

"Where did this Rocket/Jazz animosity come from? Yall weren't on this shit last year. "

It's always been here (under the surface), they just can't handle this young Rockets team shitting on them.

diehard

Fleer
Honestly I don't see Rocket fans starting anything. I doubt they care about the Jazz that much.
Completely the opposite actually.

Hayward destroyed the Rockets last year in Houston, we barely said anything about it. The Jazz killed the Rockets earlier this year.. again nothing was said.

I still don't care about the Rockets, i'll call out the fans that only post when their team wins from any age.. and there's about 2 Rocket fans that arent like that here.

Vyer

Completely the opposite actually.

Hayward destroyed the Rockets last year in Houston, we barely said anything about it. The Jazz killed the Rockets earlier this year.. again nothing was said.

I still don't care about the Rockets, i'll call out the fans that only post when their team wins from any age.. and there's about 2 Rocket fans that arent like that here.

The rockets fans that post in here have mostly been here for quite a while. And the Rox sure as hell haven't been racking up Ws over the last few years. What are you talking about.

charsace

The bucks game shows what's wrong with the NBA. You have two guards and neither of them know how to pass into the post or to drive and create opportunties for a big man. And they're in the NBA.

After last night's game, Monta has negative offensive win shares on the season to go along with being one of the worst defensive players in the NBA.

Monta Ellis have it all.

David West's numbers on the year:
At rim: 91-149, .611%
3-9 ft:113-238, .475%
10-15 ft: 59-143, .413%
16-23 ft: 80-166, .482

the best PF in the East.

David West's numbers on the year:
At rim: 91-149, .611%
3-9 ft:113-238, .475%
10-15 ft: 59-143, .413%
16-23 ft: 80-166, .482

the best PF in the East.

Can Indiana afford to keep their core?

Roy is maxed

West is not going to take a paycut on his last contract in the league most likely.

Granger will want the max.

Paul george gonna get paid.

charsace

Can Indiana afford to keep their core?

Roy is maxed

West is not going to take a paycut on his last contract in the league most likely.

Granger will want the max.

Paul george gonna get paid.

Granger is out. Paul George will get money. Lance will eventually be their starting 2. West could be gone too.

I know Jsmoove is the big name free agent of the summer, assuming Dwight and CP3 reup with their teams, but Im not sure hes better than West. Smith has a higher ceiling, but his stupidity on the offensive end has to weigh in your mind when you evaluate his overall worth as a player. He shouldnt be anywhere near as ball dominant as he is, the dude is top 25 in usage rate.... which wouldnt be so bad if the motherfucker wasnt shooting 49% from the foul line and putting up a half dozen shots a game that are totally out of his range

Cloudy

Banned
Im surprised he can still do that, Gerald Wallace aint no bitch defender either

He's not a bad defender but like Metta, if you're quicker than him, he's got nothing for you these days.

Both guys used speed and athleticism to cut and muscle guys off their spots but they aren't nearly as good defensively with diminished footspeed.

When old-man Kobe's too fast for you, you probably shouldn't be guarding SGs anymore..

Top Bottom