• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
We know Rockets will go after D12 n summer but word is they'll pursue A Bynum if D12 unavailable. assuming AB plays well n return this yr.

620346389.jpg

Jeff-DSA

Why is everybody losing it over the Kobe dunk? He didn't get very high up there, it just happened that two defenders whiffed on the play. Probably not even a top 20 dunk of the season so far.

He carried the ball to get past Wallace and barely got the ball over the rim on his dunk. Not impressive.

Sharp knees.

Give the dude his due, that's an impressive drive for a 17 year vet and it's the only real victory the lakers are gonna see all season.

The impressive part of the dunk is that he has been in the league since 96 and just put two dudes on a poster.

Old men everywhere should appreciate that play, Jeff.

Talon

This is the price we pay when this thread spends two pages arguing that Lebron plays an ugly brand of basketball.

Like he's Josh Childress or something.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Player A: 9.1PPG, 7.5RPG, 0.5SPG, 3.7BPG, 53.5FG%, 27.2MPG, 98DRTG
Player B: 8.5PPG, 8.5RPG, 0.7SPG, 3.2BPG, 52.5FG%, 25.4MPG, 96DRTG

Player A finished second in DPOTY voting. It stands to reason that Player B should, too, no?

I'm really just trying to make a Serge Ibaka is an overpaid Larry Sanders joke.

linsivvi

Why is everybody losing it over the Kobe dunk? He didn't get very high up there, it just happened that two defenders whiffed on the play. Probably not even a top 20 dunk of the season so far.

Because he was basically going 1 on 5 and just exploded to the rim. It wasn't some fast break or wide open dunk.

Kobes dunk over CP3 was way better.

But Kobe probably decided to jump on the juice this season. He looks better than he did in his MVP year from an athletic standpoint.

reilo

Interesting Op-Ed by Kevin Arnovitz on what it would mean for an athlete to come out as openly gay, and why it's such a challenge:

A veteran guard will tell you that the collective ignorance in the league is too much to overcome. He believes this because his purchase of a condo in a cosmopolitan, gay part of town became a running joke among his teammates. Only a faggot would buy over there.

A head coach shakes his head, saying he wishes he had better news but that the epithets yelled on the practice court and the conversations he overhears on the team plane offer him little reassurance. From his perspective, the workplace environment isn’t hospitable to a self-identified gay player.

A general manager feels the individuals who run NBA teams are too risk-averse to offer a contract to an out player because the potential disruption in team chemistry could get an executive or coach fired. The executive claims firsthand knowledge that players perceived as gay find it harder to land coveted roster spots in free agency.

http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2013/02/06/op-ed-coming-out-will-be-rough-gay-athletes

I have doubts that a rotation or worse player could be openly gay. I think it would take a legit all-star to come out to change the culture going forward.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
NBADraft.net has us taking Tim Hardaway Jr...

Oh hell no.

I doubt it the Knicks can't pick the normal player cause like always once its known they wan't to draft somebody their draft stock goes up. I expect them to get a euro or a good player on a small team like they've done the last few years.

Also they need to draft a SF I am pretty sure they can find a decent backup PG in FA if they feel they need one. Draftexpress has us taking LeBryan Nash.

reilo

Commissioner David Stern said Wednesday that he expects the NBA will follow Major League Baseball’s lead by adopting blood testing for Human Growth Hormone (HGH).

“We watch what’s going on in baseball, we watch the negotiations that are going in with football, and it is my expectation that by next season will be doing blood testing for HGH,” Stern told WCCO radio in Minnesota. “Our players have been terrific. they lead this in some ways, saying, ‘ We do not want to have anything less than the best.’ That’s been the way it’s been since 1983.”

RIP Lebron's career.

KingGondo

Banned
Also they need to draft a SF I am pretty sure they can find a decent backup PG in FA if they feel they need one. Draftexpress has us taking LeBryan Nash.
Nash has been unimpressive for the most part this season.

I'm actually going to the OSU-Baylor and tonight. Really excited to see Marcus Smart in person.

reilo

Nash has been unimpressive for the most part this season.

I'm actually going to the OSU-Baylor and tonight. Really excited to see Marcus Smart in person.

He's only played in 25 games and is still having a 50/40/90 season. His assists are way down but that's cause the Lakers suck.

He's only played in 25 games and is still having a 50/40/90 season. His assists are way down but that's cause the Lakers suck.

It's because his usage is down cuz Kobe is handling the ball a lot.

Nash's assists have come down hard since the stylistic change, too.

From the time Nash returned on Dec 22 to the game where Kobe started dominating the playmaking, Nash averaged 9.2 assists per game.

Since that Utah game he's averaged 5.2 assists. On the flip side, his FG% is up to 55% and 3pt % is up to 50% during that time frame playing more off ball and he went from from 11 to 14 points per game.

edit: Nash and Kobe have been consistent all year (when Nash played) on offense. Throw in Clark and Hill and maybe even Jamison into that but everyone else has been off an on like crazy.

charsace

Player A: 9.1PPG, 7.5RPG, 0.5SPG, 3.7BPG, 53.5FG%, 27.2MPG, 98DRTG
Player B: 8.5PPG, 8.5RPG, 0.7SPG, 3.2BPG, 52.5FG%, 25.4MPG, 96DRTG

Player A finished second in DPOTY voting. It stands to reason that Player B should, too, no?

I'm really just trying to make a Serge Ibaka is an overpaid Larry Sanders joke.

Put Sanders on the Thunder in place of Perkins and they would be everyone's pick to win the title. Sanders would improve their rebounding and defense a lot. Too bad th bucks are stuck with Monta and Jennings as their main scorers and ballhandlers.

reilo

Put Sanders on the Thunder in place of Perkins and they would be everyone's pick to win the title. Sanders would improve their rebounding and defense a lot. Too bad th bucks are stuck with Monta and Jennings as their main scorers and ballhandlers.
It's like splitting YNB into two players.

Top Bottom