• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Trading Dwight would be shortsighted.

Shaq was also a try-hard corny asshole. Difference being he was one of the most dominant men to ever play.

When Dwight's back and shoulder is right again, people won't care what unfunny thing he's doing in the lockerroom.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Trading Dwight would be shortsighted.

Shaq was also a try-hard corny asshole. Difference being he was one of the most dominant men to ever play.

When Dwight's back and shoulder is right again, people won't care what unfunny thing he's doing in the lockerroom.

Choosing to appease to a 26 year old Kobe by letting go of Shaq was the right call.

Choosing to appease to a 34 year old Kobe by letting go of Dwight will also be the right call.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
iXeDOjo6cVtNl.jpg

Who else thinks he'll still get max money regardless if he plays this year or not?

As far as I'm concerned he's Oden without giving fucks about his future. Literally getting his knees lubricated to keep his career afloat.

" I have some pain in my left knee when doing basketball related movements, but whatever, back in February".

I actually don't think he gets maxed by any team.

Bynum is worth the risk. No one else in this league can match him in the post. Says alot when the only guy mitch was willing to trade for him was dwight.

Even at his best, Bynum isn't really much better at scoring than Al or Bropez and those guys can actually space the floor and pass the ball as well (compared to Bynum at least).

Emwitus

Even at his best, Bynum isn't really much better at scoring than Al or Bropez and those guys can actually space the floor and pass the ball as well (compared to Bynum at least).

LOL Bynum is the best offensive back to the post center and it's not even close. His mid range in the paint is surprisingly decent too. Last season you couldn't stop him there unless you sent a triple team.

EDIT: Here he is destroying the grizzlies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUV2jIK8EGg

Bynum can rebound and bropez for some reason is allergic to rebounding. Bynum wasn't a very good passer out of a double though. I think he can be better at "D" as well. I say "can" mostly because of his inconsistent play.

Unlike our current center, he can also make a FT too.

KingGondo

Banned
You also have to take the crazy factor into account.

Guy is a 12 year-old mentally.

He's still worth the risk for a franchise like Philly though. They could pile-drive the East if he's healthy.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LOL. Cut this crap. There's dwight then bynum followed by every body else. Better rebounder, better defensive player(when he feels like), higher fg%, more dominant post player.
Bynum has never been the focal point of an offense and he's no doubt benefited greatly from playing next to Kobe and Pau. Outside of that year of immense depression and injury riddled season that Brook had back to back, he's shown that he's a very versatile big that could probably do with a few more touches and a coach ready to run more of the offense through him than the Nets currently are.

Marc Gasol does everything better than Bynum.

Hell, Pek's got a better inside game than Bynum right now too.

Marc Gasol is a much better basketball player than Bynum, but healthy Bynum probably is a better scorer since Gasol's scoring/touch seems pretty inconsistent.

But Gasol is an elite passer and defender who stays healthy so he's definitely much better all-around than Bynum (then again, even guys like Larry Sanders and Omer Asik can easily be argued as more valuable than Bynum so I'm not sure if that's saying anything)

Bynum has never been the focal point of an offense and he's no doubt benefited greatly from playing next to Kobe and Pau. Outside of that year of immense depression and injury riddled season that Brook had back to back, he's shown that he's a very versatile big that could probably do with a few more touches and a coach ready to run more of the offense through him than the Nets currently are.

Marc Gasol does everything better than Bynum.

Hell, Pek's got a better inside game than Bynum right now too.

Technically, Rubio has a better inside game than Bynum right now considering Bynum isn't playing.

No need to add all these qualifiers to make a case for Bynum.

Dude was good, but immature and struggled to give a fuck.. He had 1 really good year preceeded by a plague of injuries and then followed by a bowling accident. Other Centers have leveled up while he has rehabbed.

No way of knowing if he's even as good as he was that one year when he was a top 5 center.

Emwitus

Brook Lopez is the best overall center in the NBA. He has a better offensive game than Bynum. Marc Gasol has the best post game.

We are talking about post play. Do you seriously believe Marc or lopez has better post up than bynum? Really? No one really guards bynum one on one in the post by the way. Gasol might be the better overall player but in the post i don't think any one has been as dominant as bynum was last year for a long time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Maybe BC will force Casey to give Valanciunas some playing time, so he might actually develop into a nice center. Oh.. who am I kidding. They're not going to trade Bargs and they're going to give him all of V's playtime.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I like Bynum, and he's a good scorer, but his post game isn't THAT good.
Yall obviously haven't watched Emeka Okafor lately.

What's an Okafor?

making you feel like he's worth the money for 20 games a year
We are talking about post play. Do you seriously believe Marc or lopez has better post up than bynum? Really? No one really guards bynum one on one in the post by the way. Gasol might be the better overall player but in the post i don't think any one has been as dominant as bynum was last year for a long time.

You can't because of Kobe and Pau.

Its not like Bynum was going to pass out of double teams either... getting crashed on was his biggest fault in the post by far. Dude couldn't help but spin directly into double teams or hold the ball until opposing defenses had time to unbuckle their pants.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
You also have to take the crazy factor into account.

Guy is a 12 year-old mentally.

He's still worth the risk for a franchise like Philly though. They could pile-drive the East if he's healthy.

not really but fuck it they traded their only really tradable piece for him they might as well follow through on the sunk cost of it all and give him his max..... I mean when you can sign a big who is missing a whole season due to long term injury that all signs point to getting worse.... you got to do it. or admit to yourself you fucked up and cut all ties.

Top Bottom