• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Edgeward

Dpoy I think

Yeah, that must be it. Looking at the wiki page and running down the notable achievements, that was my guess

How is this not being discussed yet?!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/los-angeles-lakers-owner-jerry-buss-dies-cancer-battle-021813?ocid=ansfox11

Probably the worst news possible for Lakers fandom. Dr. Buss was the greatest sports owner ever and this is an incredible loss not just for the Lakers, but for the league. RIP.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511504&page=235

Probably Slam Dunk Champ

But he won it twice. But being ASG, that reasoning is sound as well.

Damn, this is gonna bug me

Meanwhile in NY...

LL

that badge looks real lonely.
you can't spell carmelo anthony without lonely.

How is this not being discussed yet?!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/los-angeles-lakers-owner-jerry-buss-dies-cancer-battle-021813?ocid=ansfox11

Probably the worst news possible for Lakers fandom. Dr. Buss was the greatest sports owner ever and this is an incredible loss not just for the Lakers, but for the league. RIP.

we have discussed it.

also those patches don't mean shit as Dwight would have quite a few of them and he was literally the worst all-star selection of all time this year

tyrone hill, dale davis > *

Pkaz01

Al Jefferson hopefully gets moved to a contender. I would love to see him on the Spurs so badly.

I don't really get why the spurs are making a move and who they have to give up at this point. They have the best record in the league why mess up the chemistry half way into the season. If I was them I would wait until the off season.

other than that luckily the suns missed out on overpaying two players lets hope josh smith isn't who we get stuck with.

Relations between Kobe Bryant and his Lakers teammate Dwight Howard were beyond icy during the weekend’s All-Star game in Houston — with Howard mocking Bryant behind his back in the locker room, sources exclusively tell Page Six. Amid other reports that the Lakers’ chilly on-court chemistry was spilling into the locker room, we’re told that Howard “grabbed Kobe’s uniform, put it on, and imitated him in front of all the other players on the West team. He was joking and berating Kobe” to fellow NBA stars, including the Clippers’ Chris Paul and Blake Griffin and Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant. The source added Bryant later arrived in the locker room, “said hello to everyone on the team except Howard, grabbed his stuff and moved as far away from Howard as he could.” Despite a recent clear-the-air meeting in Memphis, relations haven’t thawed. At the game, Bryant said, “It doesn’t matter” what his team does with Howard as the trade deadline approaches. Reps for Bryant and Howard didn’t get back to us last night.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/lakers_still_in_deep_freeze_NdeeieATpo9PUCtdPsNdEO

clown shoes if it's true.

also those patches don't mean shit as Dwight would have quite a few of them and he was literally the worst all-star selection of all time this year

tyrone hill, dale davis > *

Silly patches like all-star selections might not matter, but things like MVPs, Scoring Champions, DPOYs, Titles, etc mean something.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This manufactured drama is getting to idiotic levels right now. How many people don't know dwight likes imitating people?

Im pretty sure Kobe is legitimately pissed. They're not even gonna make the playoffs and Dwight think its a fucking joke. Well it kind of is, but he ain't the one whose supposed to be all smiles.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This manufactured drama is getting to idiotic levels right now. How many people don't know dwight likes imitating people?

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has strongly nixed the notion that Howard could be moved prior to Thursday's trading deadline. But if Kupchak changes his mind, he'd have Bryant's full support, according to sources.

Hmmm

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I was going to ask if the drama the 2004 Lakers were in was worst than the current one, but then I remembered that they've reached the Finals.

diehard

Fleer

Vahagn

I'm so fed up with Dwight. Call this season a wash and trade his ass already.

I think the plan is, keep him, throw a Hundred million at him In the summer - if he says yes try to trade Pau's expiring for a lot of great pieces. An expiring worth 20 million can get you a lot of great pieces to fill up the team with or amnesty him if A trade doesn't happen by the deadline. I don't see them keeping Pau's contract on the team if Howard stays. If Howard leaves we have our starting center in Pau...

I say F that plan. Trade Howard now before we stupidly give this clown a hundred million.

Emwitus

I'm so fed up with Dwight. Call this season a wash and trade his ass already.

I think the plan is, keep him, throw a Hundred million at him In the summer - if he says yes try to trade Pau's expiring for a lot of great pieces. An expiring worth 20 million can get you a lot of great pieces to fill up the team with or amnesty him if A trade doesn't happen by the deadline. I don't see them keeping Pau's contract on the team if Howard stays. If Howard leaves we have our starting center in Pau...

I say F that plan. Trade Howard now before we stupidly give this clown a hundred million.

I feel this season was over the moment we hired D'antoni. No one was going to respect that clown after what just happened in new york. It's disgusting really. Especially since it hadn't even been a year after D'antoni left newyork. The guy has had a losing record for 5 years now. We fired a supposedly joke coach that had a winning record for D'antoni. Boggles my mind i would even defend mike brown right now.

Vahagn

I feel this season was over the moment we hired D'antoni. No one was going to respect that clown after what just happened in new york. It's disgusting really. Especially since it hadn't even been a year after D'antoni left newyork. The guy has had a losing record for 5 years now. We fired a supposedly joke coach that had a winning record for D'antoni. Boggles my mind i would even defend mike brown right now.

We can't even get much for him because no one thinks hell stay on their team past this yr. unless teams do it to dump salary, in which case would like a nice PF and a backup SF and PG that expire next season along with Pau and Kobe.

Edit: I don't know how the revenue sharing works exactly but I'm pretty sure LA would rather be over the cap and spend their money on contracts plus luxury tax then giving away that same money away whenever they profit from a low payroll crappy team. At least I had faith that's what Dr. Buss would do anyway. Dammit RIP

Top Bottom