• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

charsace

Not a better player

Better defender, better playmaker, better at drawing fouls, better 3 ball and a better contract. People fall in love with Rudy Gay's physical tools and ignore the fact that he's only slightly above average.

I feel bad for Bosh because lots of NBA players got married to groupies. All of those groupies fucked lots of atheletes. Yet Bosh is the one being targeted.

It just shows what cowards Wayne and them are. They would never have the balls to go after some of the other NBA players. He had a huge issues with the Heat, yet never attacked the alpha on the Heat, Lebron. Lebron would have sank his career in under a year. Instead, they go after Bosh, the one guy least likely to respond.

Wayne wouldn't put the other two on blast because he knows they would fuck him up. Wayne has hung out with these guys and knows them.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He went after the Heat, not the first NBA player he could. Isn't Bron with an unknown girl? I doubt Union would mess with Wayne and then there's Bosh.

Bosh was aware of her past and if he wasn't lulz.

I don't know everyone my old lady has been with..

Blackace

Better defender, better playmaker, better at drawing fouls, better 3 ball and a better contract. People fall in love with Rudy Gay's physical tools and ignore the fact that he's only slightly above average.

Your love affair with Gallo is funny.

He is a good player. But he isn't a better playmaker, nor defender, nor rebounder...

Link? Because every other version of that rumour I've read said it was earlier this season while he was still on the block with Memphis. I seriously doubt Colangelo wanted to trade Gay within two weeks of him getting here and saving his job.
My bad, it wasn't recent according to HoopsHype. However it doesn't say how old it was; not sure if it was the initial rebuff or maybe a month ago.

He is a good player. But he isn't a better playmaker, nor defender, nor rebounder...
Better defender? No.
Better playmaker? He can be, he's definitely a smarter playmaker.
Better at drawing fouls? I guess.
Better 3 ball? Definitely
More Efficient? Certainly.

EDIT: ok this is better
Arizona Republic said:
Another source said there was All-Star break talk of Oklahoma City exploring Marcin Gortat and P.J. Tucker for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick.

charsace

But he is a better playmaker and defender. Gallo runs a lot of offense for Denver, a playoff team. Gallo looks like a better defendr to me. Rudy Gay played his way off of a playoff team. He's been bad to slightly above average since he signed that max contract. If Denver thought Gay was better they wouldn't have turned down that trade.

W2NXwnS.jpg

I don't know everyone my old lady has been with..

I meant her past as a groupie. You can't hold someone's past flings against them generally, but if she has a well known rep as a golddigger/groupie you have to assume she banged some rappers when thats what she was known for. He wifed her knowing that she got around in those circles and now he gets to deal with it. It sucks, truly a case of ignorance is bliss.

Blackace

If Wayne thought he could put Lebron and Wade on blast and get away with it he would have.

Or... Maybe, he didn't have any ammo for them?

If there are 3 people you want to put on blast but you slept with only one of theirs wives who do you put on blast?

It's not hard math

Blackace

But he is a better playmaker and defender. Gallo runs a lot of offense for Denver, a playoff team. Gallo looks like a better defendr to me. Rudy Gay played his way off of a playoff team. He's been bad to slightly above average since he signed that max contract. If Denver thought Gay was better they wouldn't have turned down that trade.

He isn't a better defender, nor playmaker. Gallo doesn't run that much O for Den they have two good PG and Iggy... Gallo is a better fit at a better for Den which is why they turned the trade.

I want credit!

charsace

He isn't a better defender, nor playmaker. Gallo doesn't run that much O for Den they have two good PG and Iggy... Gallo is a better fit at a better for Den which is why they turned the trade.

I want credit!

Gallo calls plays off the ball all the time. And there are sets that he runs for the team as the primary ball handler.

MooseKing

Banned

This pretty much sums it up. Not to mention, since the trade to Toronto, Rudy has been playing much better than in Memphis. So has Demar.

Toronto also does not have Gay because of how effecient he is. We have him because he is clutch. He has already hit two game winning shots since becoming a Raptor a few weeks ago.

Raptors have lost 8 games by one or two shots. Three of them the NBA officially apologized for, because the ref's fucked us. Another one the NBA should have apologized but Casey was so pissed he called out the ref's, so the NBA fined him instead of apologizing again. If we won the four we had in the bag before the ref's fucked us(and NBA apologized) and just 1 of the others, we would be right there in the playoff picture. Considering Gay already hit two game winners for us, I am pretty sure he could have hit one out of the four other close games.

Gall is also way more soft than Rudy gay. Something the Raptors need to get rid of.

Flash

for the Raptors, Gay makes way more sense. And if you disagree, just have a look at how things have been here for the last 2 weeks.

I guarantee you Gallo wouldn't have that kind of effect. Rudy is a guy that we could start to build around where Gallo would be just another piece.

KingGondo

Banned
for the Raptors, Gay makes way more sense. And if you disagree, just have a look at how things have been here for the last 2 weeks.

I guarantee you Gallo wouldn't have that kind of effect. Rudy is a guy that we could start to build around where Gallo would be just another piece.
Dude. You've won some close games over relatively weak competition. Let's get a little bigger sample size before you decide you can build around Gay.

(Yes, I'm mad our draft pick is starting to look like ass. At this point I almost want Toronto to make the playoffs.)

Flash said:
who are the magic building around again? big baby? lol
Wiggins.

Gallo and Gay's crunch time stats are pretty similar, but Gallo's three ball makes him a more dangerous scorer against pressure D. Hes shooting 41% from three in crunch time in over two dozen attempts. Dude can close games as well as Gay, so you cant use that "anti-clutch" argument against him.

charsace

This pretty much sums it up. Not to mention, since the trade to Toronto, Rudy has been playing much better than in Memphis. So has Demar.

Toronto also does not have Gay because of how effecient he is. We have him because he is clutch. He has already hit two game winning shots since becoming a Raptor a few weeks ago.

Raptors have lost 8 games by one or two shots. Three of them the NBA officially apologized for, because the ref's fucked us. Another one the NBA should have apologized but Casey was so pissed he called out the ref's, so the NBA fined him instead of apologizing again. If we won the four we had in the bag before the ref's fucked us(and NBA apologized) and just 1 of the others, we would be right there in the playoff picture. Considering Gay already hit two game winners for us, I am pretty sure he could have hit one out of the four other close games.

Gall is also way more soft than Rudy gay. Something the Raptors need to get rid of.

Gallo is softer than Gay? Gallo is tougher and a more physical player than Gay. Gallinari is a physical slasher who drives hard to the basket and always looks for contact and he loves to body up the guys he defends. Gallo would add a lot of toughness to the Raptors.

Why do you think he gets compared to Manu?

Gay isn't better than Gallinari. Gay has been average to below average scoring the ball his whole career, mediocre ballhandler, not a playmaker, and has always shown bad shot selection.

Chris Broussard: Josh Smith would like to play w/Monte Ellis & Brandon Jennings so Bucks trying to make trade w/out giving up Ellis.
How many sources does he have on this?

wait what the-
With Rasheed Wallace’s and Marcus Camby’s health a nagging concern despite their returns to practice yesterday, the Knicks are one of a handful of teams to inquire about Nuggets center Timofey Mozgov this month, according to a league source. The trading deadline is tomorrow. New York Post
FATALAH!!!!!!!!!!

For now, the Los Angeles Clippers have terminated talks with the Boston Celtics on a Kevin Garnett for Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan trade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics have been eager to continue the conversation on the deal, but league sources said the talks will remain dormant unless Clippers star Chris Paul pushes the issue with management.

Several prominent executives and coaches with championship contenders told Yahoo! Sports they believe the Clippers would become more dangerous with Garnett.

Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro is a proponent of the deal, too, sources said.

The Celtics won't consider moving Garnett to the Clippers for any other combination of players, and won't revisit the talks unless Bledsoe and Jordan are in the package, sources said.

Boston hasn't approached Garnett to waive his no-trade clause without an agreement in place, but there's strong belief he would ultimately agree to it. What's more, Boston could simply trade Paul Pierce and leave Garnett with even less desire to finish his career with a young, rebuilding roster.

ded

Gregg Popovich reportedly yelled several curse words at Dwight Howard during Sunday's All-Star Game, according to sources.

Popovich drew up a play for Howard during a timeout, but he was in his warmups not paying attention and socializing.

Howard's lack of focus has been alluded to by Kobe Bryant and others during his tenure with the Los Angeles Lakers.

How come he don't want me, man?

KingGondo

Banned
ahhh come on, where are the big trades
Once Josh Smith moves, the rest of the trades will go down.

I'd be surprised if anyone bigger than him is moved, though. I'm still harboring dreams of trading Perk and pieces for KG, but I can't seen Boston blowing it up yet.

I'm hoping we sell high on Okafor while we can, I'm not really sure what we can get for him but Ernie never has his trades leak so I'm anticipating something.

Edit: Gortat, Tucker for Perkins, Pick, and Lamb being discussed.

Wow, not sure how the Suns could turn that down. I think the Thunder are showing their desperation with the move though.

After a bout of disruptive behavior from Ben Gordon targeted at Charlotte Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap, the franchise's desire to trade the guard has deepened, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Ben Gordon is averaging 12.6 points this season.
As Dunlap led the Bobcats in a morning shootaround on Monday before a victory over the Celtics, Gordon refused Dunlap's request to stop bouncing a ball as the coach spoke, sources said. Before long, Gordon began baiting Dunlap, telling him that he needed to "humble himself," sources said.
Gordan refused to give the ball to Dunlap, and eventually tossed it toward a ball rack, sources said.
Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins was in the practice session and ultimately intervened, sources said.
"Beyond disrespectful," was how one league source described the scene.
posted? lolz. I dont get why the Cats are trying to move Gerald Henderson tho, is he a headcase too?

KingGondo

Banned
Edit: Gortat, Tucker for Perkins, Pick, and Lamb being discussed.

Wow, not sure how the Suns could turn that down. I think the Thunder are showing their desperation with the move though.
Source?

I'd rather have Dudley than Tucker, especially if we're giving up the Raps pick and Lamb.

Top Bottom