• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Houston's showing a willingness to move rookie Terrence Jones for a 1st-round pick, sources tell Y! Rockets are deep at forward spot.

Terrence Jones is a good prospect and the Rockets' current PFs suck, I don't get it.

Whatever, free Terrence Jones.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Portland would take him, but I don't think they can afford to give up any first-rounders. I bet Morey is stockpiling for a potential Dwight sign-and-trade. They can have JJ for Terrence lol.

Portland would take him, but I don't think they can afford to give up any first-rounders. I bet Morey is stockpiling for a potential Dwight sign-and-trade. They can have JJ for Terrence lol.

the Lakers won't sign and trade Dwight next year.

You can't tack on the extra year or raises so why would Houston trade for him when they could sign him outright? And if they make moves to take away cap space the Lakers will simply dare Dwight to go there for less (or go to Dallas/Atlanta).

Sign + trades make no sense for players financially, anymore. Really, it only makes sense in the case of like the Bass for Baby trades where both teams want to make a swap.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
the Lakers won't sign and trade Dwight next year.

You can't tack on the extra year or raises so why would Houston trade for him when they could sign him outright? And if they make moves to take away cap space the Lakers will simply dare Dwight to go there for less (or go to Dallas/Atlanta).

Sign + trades make no sense for players financially, anymore. Really, it only makes since in the case of like the Bass for Baby trades where both teams want to make a swap.

You're right. I forgot about the incentives that they got rid of in S&Ts.

The CBA is working to some respect.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Interesting... I thought they were all-in with Parson/Harden/Lin for the next decade.

That's all I could think of. The late round of the next draft should have some decent wings.

Maybe Parson is thought of as the 6th man of the future

You're right. I forgot about the incentives that they got rid of in S&Ts.

The CBA is working to some respect.

Yup. It was removed for the 1st two offseasons but we're past that now.

We might never see a max player sign + trade again. It could still happen in a situation like Melo to NY but it would require the dealing team to really want those assets above letting him walk since the other team must be under the apron after the trade is down.

There's absolutely no reason for an under the cap team to trade for a free agent and there's nothing in it for the player, so it will take a unique set of circumstances to make it happen for stars.

We'll still see the Baby and Ryno sign + trade deals, though.

Dwight will have a really interesting decision to make if we assume he might walk. Take a full max deal with lakers or 1 year shorter with less raises elsewhere. Normally, you could argue he'd get that year back anyway but at his age and injury, is it a guarantee anymore?

Who could have guessed that Kris Humphries wasn't worth 12 million a year.

nets.jpg

"So then he said, I bet you're not man enough to pay me 12 million United States of America dollars for 82 games of basketball....and that's why we're paying Mr. Humphries $146,341.46 per game of basketball."

pilonv1

I wouldn't trade Thompson for Gordon. Thompson may be at best Kevin Martin redux but at least he's on a rookie contract. Gordon is just a good player on a max contract who is injured 50% of the time. No thank you.

pilonv1

pilon i hate to tell you this but.. i don't think Barnes is very good.

He's good 1 in every 5 games. The other 4 can be brutal though.

I wouldn't trade Thompson for Gordon. Thompson may be at best Kevin Martin redux but at least he's on a rookie contract. Gordon is just a good player on a max contract who is injured 50% of the time. No thank you.

Agreed, trading Klay & Barnes to pay Gordon for one knee is stupid.

Cho should definitely be on the phone with Morrey with an offer to trade our Portland 1st for Terrence Jones. He's a better prospect than anyone we'd be picking in this year's mid 1st.

Houston probably wants a pick this year though since they'll be sending theirs to Atlanta if they make the playoffs. There's no guarantee they'd get our Portland pick though with the way they've been playing lately. I'm not sure what we'd have to do to sweeten the pot in that case.

MooseKing

Banned
Tuesday's game had an unusual vibe because of the makeshift scoreboard. Officials rigged up something that looked as if it were borrowed from a middle school gymnasium and placed it in front of the scorer's table, and 24-second clocks were placed on the floor at the corners. An air horn purchased from a sporting goods store as an emergency backup became the official horn.

It all had an effect on the game. The Raptors took some rushed shots as if the shot clock was close to zero when it actually wasn't. Toronto's players yelled the final seconds of both the first and second quarters from the bench -- the crowd was so quiet, it was easy to hear -- and DeRozan rose to the occasion both times, making buzzer-beaters with 0.6 and 1.2 seconds left.

In the second half, the public address announcer started blurting out "10" and "five" during possessions to let the players know the time left on the shot clock. He also counted down "four, three, two ..." on some possessions.

"You don't even hear that," said Washington's Martell Webster, who scored 16 points. "So it's like you kind of find yourself in a scramble, and everybody's running around like a chicken with their head cut off."

Wizards could not be more bush league. I never even knew this was happening

MooseKing

Banned
I feel bad for Bosh because lots of NBA players got married to groupies. All of those groupies fucked lots of atheletes. Yet Bosh is the one being targeted.

It just shows what cowards Wayne and them are. They would never have the balls to go after some of the other NBA players. He had a huge issues with the Heat, yet never attacked the alpha on the Heat, Lebron. Lebron would have sank his career in under a year. Instead, they go after Bosh, the one guy least likely to respond.

Bosh should just take his anger out on the court, nothing can top anger as a physical motivator. I destroy my workout whenever I'm angry about something.

Jeff-DSA

"Yes. I'm taking my rehab very seriously and I hope to contribute to the team soon. I'm easily the best bowler on the team and we still have a shot at making nationals. What? No, we're not the Seventy-Sixers, we're the Seven Splitters. Oh? Basketball? Yeah, that's a fun game too."

I feel bad for Bosh because lots of NBA players got married to groupies. All of those groupies fucked lots of atheletes. Yet Bosh is the one being targeted.

It just shows what cowards Wayne and them are. They would never have the balls to go after some of the other NBA players. He had a huge issues with the Heat, yet never attacked the alpha on the Heat, Lebron. Lebron would have sank his career in under a year. Instead, they go after Bosh, the one guy least likely to respond.

He went after the Heat, not the first NBA player he could. Isn't Bron with an unknown girl? I doubt Union would mess with Wayne and then there's Bosh.

Bosh was aware of her past and if he wasn't lulz.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

What? He was basically fuck Wade, fuck James, and fuck Bosh. Btw I fucked Bosh's wife.

He attacked everyone but he slept only with Bosh's wife..

Top Bottom