• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

joeposh

Yea, now you're stuck with him.

If teams were hesitant to take on KP at 9 mil. I can't imagine they want a hurt KP at 9 mil. Obviously you think OKC is faking his injury to keep healthy while they try to deal him, but it's probably more likely that he just is hurt again.

He's likely saying that the injury is a ruse designed to cover up an emerging trade.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Sorry I meant to say

Show me a play where Gallo creates his own shot to win a game. He is an awesome shooter. I have been a fan from day one (when I drafted him onto my fantasy team a couple of years ago).

But how many guys can create their own shot against the leagues best SGs and SFs? Not many.

Would I rather have Rudy sitting in the corner waiting for the pass for a game winning shot? Nope, not at all.
But I would rather he had the ball in his hands instead of Gallo.

charsace

Sorry I meant to say

Show me a play where Gallo creates his own shot to win a game. He is an awesome shooter. I have been a fan from day one (when I drafted him onto my fantasy team a couple of years ago).

But how many guys can create their own shot against the leagues best SGs and SFs? Not many.

Would I rather have Rudy sitting in the corner waiting for the pass for a game winning shot? Nope, not at all.
But I would rather he had the ball in his hands instead of Gallo.

Gallo creates his own shot much better than Gay does. Just look at the role Gallo plays for denver vs Gay's role in memphis and their ft attempts.

I'd take Rudy over Gallo if they were at a comparable salary, but I'd take George over the both of them any day of the week. Gallo at his salary is preferable to Gay though, any sane GM would agree with me.

KingGondo

Banned
The true goal is Derrick Rose. Unreadable.
There's a difference between being a badass poker player like Presti and having no soul.

Presti plotting world domination and laughing maniacally on the inside said:
Sam-Presti.jpg

Rose thinking about what he's gonna order at Cheesecake Factory after the game said:

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Gallo creates his own shot much better than Gay does. Just look at the role Gallo plays for denver vs Gay's role in memphis and their ft attempts.

I disagree. But I'm cool with that.

I don't see Miami putting Bron on Gallo at the end of games.
And I think Gay's roll is very different on the Raptors then it was with the Grizzlies. And I think that needs to be considered when bringing up ft attempt stats.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'd take Rudy over Gallo if they were at a comparable salary, but I'd take George over the both of them any day of the week. Gallo at his salary is preferable to Gay though, any sane GM would agree with me.

And that's the big difference is I am giving my opinions with zero consideration to money.

I think George and Gay is a more fair comparison than Gallo and Gay though. I just don't see Gallo having the mobility and athletic skills to match up against the leagues best SFs.

Anyone else hear mitch's comments about keeping dwight long term? Him being the best center etc etc. He even capped off his comments by saying Dwight should play for a chance at a statue and a hung up jersey.

SMH ...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone else hear mitch's comments about keeping dwight long term? Him being the best center etc etc. He even capped off his comments by saying Dwight should play for a chance at a statue and a hung up jersey.

SMH ...

Traded for sure.

It's not me. It's you.

SMH ...

Trying to make it look like Dwight's running from the pressure of trying to be great.

I'd love to have healthy Dwight, he's a giant baby either way tho. He has become one of the least likable guys in the league.

most obvious smokescreen of all time

I thought so too, but also feel like the whole statue thing was kinda going a little too far for a smoke screen. We can't even get to .500 with Dwight and Mitch is suggesting retired jerseys and statues. Fucker better win multiple rings before I hear statue and Dwight ever said in the same sentence again.

I thought so too, but also feel like the whole statue thing was kinda going a little too far for a smoke screen. We can't even get to .500 with Dwight and Mitch is suggesting retired jerseys and statues. Fucker better win multiple rings before I hear statue and Dwight ever said in the same sentence again.

Statue statement was out there.

Chick, Magic, West and Kareem. Kobe will definitely join them when he hangs it up. Those are some high fucking standards.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
How many statues do they have out front of staples centre? Will Dwight's go up right beside the guy that works at the beer vendor?

How many statues do they have out front of staples centre? Will Dwight's go up right beside the guy that works at the beer vendor?

Oscar De La Hoya, Wayne Gretzky, Chick Hearn, Jerry West, Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabar.

Kobe will get one and I hope Dr. Buss gets one. Dwight would have to have an amazing career to get a statue. I think Shaq isn't qualified since he didn't retire in LA.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Shaq won't get a damn statute, no way in fucking hell that half the player that he was gets one.

Fox318

Oscar De La Hoya, Wayne Gretzky, Chick Hearn, Jerry West, Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabar.

Kobe will get one and I hope Dr. Buss gets one. Dwight would have to have an amazing career to get a statue. I think Shaq isn't qualified since he didn't retire in LA.

No Steel statue?
KR0CRig.jpg

People making too much out of what teams say to the public. What do you think these people should say?

"Dwight is no Shaq and he's sucked this year but we hope he stays."

Shaq is certainly more deserving than Gretzky.

Probably. I don't know anything about hockey tho.

The standards for a statue are high as hell. Considering LA won't retire your jersey unless you're heaed to the HOF. Magic, West and Kareem all won chips, retired in LA and then had hands with the teams success after they retired.

Dwight ain't getting shit without winning at very least one chip, and if that's the case he'd have to contribute to the team's success after retirement.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shaq is certainly more deserving than Gretzky.

Hahahahahahaha

You kid right?

Best to ever play the game. The absolute best ever. Took the Kings to the Stanley cup finals one year. Made hockey relevant in the west coast.

Oh and did I mention the best ever.

Nicknamed "The Great One", he has been called "the greatest hockey player ever" by many sportswriters, players, and the NHL itself. He is the leading point-scorer in NHL history, with more assists than any other player has points, and is the only NHL player to total over 200 points in one season – a feat he accomplished four times. In addition, he tallied over 100 points in 16 professional seasons, 14 of them consecutive. At the time of his retirement in 1999, he held 40 regular-season records, 15 playoff records, and six All-Star records. In addition to being its greatest scorer, Gretzky was the most gentlemanly superstar in the modern history of the NHL. He won the Lady Byng Trophy for sportsmanship and performance five times, and he often spoke out against fighting in hockey.

I'm comparison Sidney Crosby, arguably the best hockey player in the world right now had 120 pts in his best season so far.

The Boston Celtics have made Fab Melo available in trade talks, according to sources.

The Celtics are looking to move Melo in order to add backcourt depth.

Melo has spent most of the season in the D-League.

Lots of trade chatter coming out of Boston.

Sanjuro

The standards for a statue are high as hell. Considering LA won't retire your jersey unless you're heaed to the HOF. Magic, West and Kareem all won chips, retired in LA and then had hands with the teams success after they retired.

Dwight ain't getting shit without winning at very least one chip, and if that's the case he'd have to contribute to the team's success after retirement.

There is a lot of bullshit about Gretzky "changing the hockey culture", when all he really did was inspire douchebag commissioner to allow the expansion to areas where nobody cared about hockey. In the end, over a decade after Gretzky left his mark, you have the Kings winning a Stanley Cup in LA where approximately twelve people gave a shit. The link to the big bad Raiders was the only notable feature for the Kings.

Wilt has his number retired though, Shaq at the very least should have something up there. Red Sox used to be our difficult place to get your legacy held, but with the new owners they broke the rules. You used to have to play your entire career as a Red Sox and make it the National Baseball Hall of Fame. A feat which is regularly becoming impossible in modern day sports.

Hahahahahahaha

You kid right?

You think Gretzky did more for the Los Angeles sports landscape than Shaquille O'Neal? Are you on drugs?

There is a lot of bullshit about Gretzky "changing the hockey culture", when all he really did was inspire douchebag commissioner to allow the expansion to areas where nobody cared about hockey. In the end, over a decade after Gretzky left his mark, you have the Kings winning a Stanley Cup in LA where approximately twelve people gave a shit. The link to the big bad Raiders was the only notable feature for the Kings.

Wilt has his number retired though, Shaq at the very least should have something up there. Red Sox used to be our difficult place to get your legacy held, but with the new owners they broke the rules. You used to have to play your entire career as a Red Sox and make it the National Baseball Hall of Fame. A feat which is regularly becoming impossible in modern day sports.

Shaq is getting his jersey retired in April, I doubt he'll ever get a statue.

Top Bottom