• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

No seriously. You have to be sensible about it or you'll just be a lame asshole, but the PUA stuff is a goldmine. It's a bunch of nerds that got all scientific about what women actually want guys to do, vs what guys think Disney cartoons, action movies and rap videos are telling them women want them to do. Guys think they're being "nice" and "genuine" a lot of the time when they're really just being fake by stifling their own desires and trying to bribe women with dinner and chocolate because they think that's what will work. Then it's all "I was such a gentleman, why doesn't she like me? Fuck that bitch, I'm gonna stay home and watch school girl tentacle anime."

And a lot of it is genuinely good advice, like "you get nervous around girls because you're neurotic, are carrying too much family and high school baggage and don't get how self esteem really functions. Go see a fucking psychiatrist before trying to pick up girls. Also, take a shower."

I don't think it's going to get the average guy a ton of play, the guys who get good at it spend their whole lives focusing on it and frankly they're pretty weird. But using some of the advice got me my current girlfriend, who I've been with over a year.

Vahagn

No seriously. You have to be sensible about it or you'll just be a lame asshole, but the PUA stuff is a goldmine. It's a bunch of nerds that got all scientific about what women actually want guys to do, vs what guys think Disney cartoons, action movies and rap videos are telling them women want them to do. Guys think they're being "nice" and "genuine" a lot of the time when they're really just being fake by stifling their own desires and trying to bribe women with dinner and chocolate because they think that's what will work. Then it's all "I was such a gentleman, why doesn't she like me? Fuck that bitch, I'm gonna stay home and watch school girl tentacle anime."

And a lot of it is genuinely good advice, like "you get nervous around girls because you're neurotic, are carrying too much family and high school baggage and don't get how self esteem really functions. Go see a fucking psychiatrist before trying to pick up girls. Also, take a shower."

I don't think it's going to get the average guy a ton of play, the guys who get good at it spend their whole lives focusing on it and frankly they're pretty weird. But using some of the advice got me my current girlfriend, who I've been with over a year.

Couldn't be more on point. Becoming obsessed with it and doing the seminars and all that stuff I really don't find to be healthy. But a lot of their intro stuff really helps and it really helped me understand women better, and led to similar results. Using some of the advice got me my current girlfriend too, and every one I've had in the last two years.

j81rAUtdfUoH2.png

Yes, I felt the need to post that. But seeing this thread again I am also curious since it's been a while.

What happened to Duki and... I'm struggling with his username, Cloving________? something?

PBY

Banned
Couldn't be more on point. Becoming obsessed with it and doing the seminars and all that stuff I really don't find to be healthy. But a lot of their intro stuff really helps and it really helped me understand women better, and led to similar results. Using some of the advice got me my current girlfriend too, and every one I've had in the last two years.
I can't consign any of this shit- but glad it worked out for you.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
All I want tonight is to not get embarrassed. If Ricky can stay out of foul trouble, I like our chances of losing a close one.

Flash

I had a friend who was really into the PUA stuff at once and tried to get me into it to... it just all came across as very douchey. It coould've just been him though.

My whole thing is just be real, confidence, and don't be desperate. Don't put a nice guy act on with the intention of getting some pussy, cause she'll be able to smell that shit.

Smooth...

Why are we the thuggets?

jr's twitter and instagram are hilarious. sometimes youd think hes still in high school or something.

ny knuggets are either gonna get blown out tonight or win at the buzzer last second

I had a friend who was really into the PUA stuff at once and tried to get me into it to... it just all came across as very douchey. It coould've just been him though.

My whole thing is just be real, confidence, and don't be desperate. Don't put a nice guy act on with the intention of getting some pussy, cause she'll be able to smell that shit.

PUAs are too busy memorizing acronyms than getting any girls. "yo bro that AFC is totally not gonna KINO that AMOG time to swoop in"

Why is all this dating age bs in here? If you have trouble with women it's probably because you don't try enough, practice makes perfect mofos. It's too bad most NBA players are oblivious to this fact.

bluemax

Banned

I have a friend who has read a bunch of that stuff and he sounds douchey when he brings it up.

PUAs are too busy memorizing acronyms than getting any girls. "yo bro that AFC is totally not gonna KINO that AMOG time to swoop in"

The AMOG thing (be the 'Alpha Male Of Group') is the worst part of it, because it just leads to this Yertle the Turtle shit of guys trying to get over on each other all the time. But kino (establishing physical contact)? Great lesson. It's so counterintuitive. "Wait, this chick I've never met actually wants me to reach out and start touching her? And I'm like 75% gonna strike out if I don't? I thought that's what made guys creeps and rapists."

But basically, the core lesson of most of this stuff is to become confident and genuine, because if you're not really that then women aren't going to stick around for long. But that's a lot tougher to really be than most guys think. Very few people really pull that off in life, even those with a lot of status. Life constantly demands that you be somebody other than who you are.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I can see the two future firsts being the hold up, but the package of players being returned is gaahbage.

linsivvi

cause he always back up his statements

Cherry picking bad plays and single them out without mentioning the good plays is not backing up his statements, because every player makes bad plays during a game. Every one of them.

He thinks Earl Clark is good too, how about that?

Cherry picking bad plays and single them out without mentioning the good plays is not backing up his statements, because every player makes bad plays during a game. Every one of them.

YNB is a special case because makes the same mistakes literally over and over and over again. Even Gondo has had enough of his BS.

Flash

I kind of feel bad for Westbrook, gets such a horrible rep even though his pretty good at what he does - scoring the ball. Granted, he makes a lot of dumb plays but it's the job of the coach to maximize your players ability but Scotty fails to do that. If he was a few inches taller people would say he's one of the best SGs in the league.

He isn't a pass first PG, he's a scorer, plain and simple. You give him the ball and he's gonna look for his shot 90% of the time. That's who he is.

And everyone seems to forget what a warrior he is. He isn't big or a physical beast like LeBron by any means but he hasn't missed a game in forever despite logging heavy minutes. And he gives it his all too, going right at the rim, playing hard on-the-ball defence, and always willing to hit the floor.

sure, but I mean there's a reason he shoots 41% from the field with the physical gifts he has,
the kid makes bad decisions on the ball.

Earl is good now tho.

He still can't dribble that well and gets lost on D occasionally but he makes up for his rawness with the amount of fucks given. He has a future as a good off the bench guy, his ceiling is about league average starter but considering he was a throw in and about to be out of the league if he didn't get it together. That's impressive.

reilo

YNB has been making the same goddamn mistakes for years now. This isn't an isolated montage.

And everyone seems to forget what a warrior he is. He isn't big or a physical beast like LeBron by any means but he hasn't missed a game in forever despite logging heavy minutes. And he gives it his all too, going right at the rim, playing hard on-the-ball defence, and always willing to hit the floor.

YNB is probably the most gifted athlete at his position today. He has a huge athleticism advantage over pretty much everyone he plays against. He doesn't need to be 6'10 and 250lbs to be considered athletically superior.

Tony's numbers in February:

27.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 8.1 apg in 33.7 mpg on 57.6 FG%

Hot damn.

If Lebron wasn't in the league, he'd be the talk of the town. Shame too, cause Tony would be a legit MVP in plenty of other seasons.

Also, seeing it in person, I really, really want to play the Clips again in the playoffs. They have no answers for us whatsoever.

linsivvi

Earl is good now tho.

He still can't dribble that well and gets lost on D occasionally but he makes up for his rawness with the amount of fucks given. He has a future as a good off the bench guy, his ceiling is about league average starter but considering he was a throw in and about to be out of the league if he didn't get it together. That's impressive.

Two things:
1) His numbers are inflated thanks to playing with 4 players that demands attention.

2) He is giving the effort especially when you compare to Wight and Pau and I'll give him that. It's also a contract year with a team that's on TV a lot. It's once in a lifetime deal. His number will go down once he get paid.

We've seen this before. Ariza and Shannon are two recent examples. I'd say his ceiling is the 7th-8th player of a deep playoff team and is totally replaceable. So I hope the Lakers won't pay him a big fat contract.

Watch last night's game again and tell me Parker "only" having 7 assists hindered the Spurs offense.

Tony is the best PG in the league, and frankly, he has been for a while.

dont agree at all, he's an elite player who benefits a ton from the system they have in SA, they run a ton of off ball screens for him to give him mismatches and great looks at the basket. I dont think he's as good a set up man as CP and if he was on the Clippers, I doubt he'd drag their ass to the second round of the playoffs. Cp's offensive rating the last two years is through the roof too, and that's with VDN as the his head coach.

Parker is the best penetrating/finishing pg in the league, tho and as good a closer as anyone.

Flash

YNB has been making the same goddamn mistakes for years now. This isn't an isolated montage.

YNB is probably the most gifted athlete at his position today. He has a huge athleticism advantage over pretty much everyone he plays against. He doesn't need to be 6'10 and 250lbs to be considered athletically superior.

I agree but that doesn't take away from the fact he gives it his all out there. So he's two biggest advantages are his ability to score and his superior athleticism...and his biggest weakness is his PG skills. So why the hell is he playing PG? lol

Presti/Brooks downfall was their persistence on copying the SA model. First of all (and most importantly), Brooks ain't Pop. And second of all, you got to consider the personnel difference.

They started Thabo and had Harden come of the bench in order to copy the Bowen-Ginobili dynamic. Harden should have started from the get go, and he should have been given the PG duties and run the offensive. This also would have allowed him to flourish as a player.

And then they wanted YNB to undergo a similar developmental cycle as Tony Parker - turning a guy who has questionable decision making skill into someone who could run the offence. The major difference here is that Tony had Coach Pop and YNB has Brooks. And that's a big difference. Another thing is that the veteran presence of Duncan helped Parker develop, and I don't think Durant had or has that same sort of presence.

linsivvi

They started Thabo and had Harden come of the bench in order to copy the Bowen-Ginobili dynamic. Harden should have started from the get go, and he should have been given the PG duties and run the offensive. This also would have allowed him to flourish as a player.

I agree they should've started Harden and let the 2 of them share ball handling duties.

Also, if you're gonna trade a top 20 talent to save money, at least feature him more prominently so you can get someone better than Kevin Martin in return.

reilo

Proclaiming that Westbrook has great shooting-guard skills (and even that is arguably) is exactly why he's a flawed PG. He plays point-guard because he would get abused by bigger guards playing two-guard.

Not to mention that they had a proper shooting-guard the past three years before they traded him away.

And then they wanted YNB to undergo a similar developmental cycle as Tony Parker - turning a guy who has questionable decision making skill into someone who could run the offence. The major difference here is that Tony had Coach Pop and YNB has Brooks. And that's a big difference. Another thing is that the veteran presence of Duncan helped Parker develop, and I don't think Durant had or has that same sort of presence.

Nah, the major difference is that Tony Parker is coachable.

dont agree at all, he's an elite player who benefits a ton from the system they have in SA, they run a ton of off ball screens for him to give him mismatches and great looks at the basket. I dont think he's as good a set up man as CP and if he was on the Clippers, I doubt he'd drag their ass to the second round of the playoffs. Cp's offensive rating the last two years is through the roof too, and that's with VDN as the his head coach.

Parker is the best penetrating/finishing pg in the league, tho and as good a closer as anyone.

OK. Sure. You can take away from Tony and credit Pop.

Or you can recognize, when you are comparing the two head-to-head, Tony's team runs a better offense, and a large part of that is Tony's talents.

Much of Tony's success comes from Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich molding him into what he is today. But that doesn't take away from the fact that, regardless of circumstance, CP3 has never run an offense this efficient, or been as dominant a scoring threat.

CP3's career might be different if he had Pop. I can say that about a lot of players. But its not, and so he's worse.

Two things:
1) His numbers are inflated thanks to playing with 4 players that demands attention.

2) He is giving the effort especially when you compare to Wight and Pau and I'll give him that. It's also a contract year with a team that's on TV a lot. It's once in a lifetime deal. His number will go down once he get paid.

We've seen this before. Ariza and Shannon are two recent examples. I'd say his ceiling is the 7th-8th player of a deep playoff team and is totally replaceable. So I hope the Lakers won't pay him a big fat contract.

Brown and Ariza both stood about as good once they left LA. Ariza effeciency went down the drain tho, but thats because he went from garbage man to main piece of the offense. Same will happen to Clark. I agree that LA shouldn't dish out a big contract for him, but he fits his role perfectly, like Ariza did.

He'll be ass as a 2nd 3rd or even 4th option Like Ariza. I'd gladly keep him if his market price isn't stupid high, with the new CBA I'm hoping that's the case.

Top Bottom