• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

pilonv1

Pg8Ynse.png

Never ending horror story.

Trade Maynor for Ronnie Brewer, sign Fisher.

Presti is insane.

TylerD

Fish must not receive playing time over Reggie Jackson. Additional backup and assistant coach fine but anything other than that... Furious anger!

h3ro

Jason Kidd turns 40 next month and he's in their starting lineup.

Next season:

Camby will be 39
Kenyon Martin 36
Prigioni 36
Chandler 31
Amare 31
Kurt Thomas will be 41 (!)
Rasheed Wallace 39
White 31
Novak 30

That's 10 out of 15 guys in their 30s, two in their 40s. And Carmelo & Felton will be knocking on that door at 29.

It's not really a roster built for the long haul.

Getting a bunch of old vets on the cheap who know how to play is not the worst strategy, but they'll likely struggle to keep up a high level of play late into a season, and be prone to injury.

Ah that familiar feeling of knick limbo is setting in.

I've missed it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What a pleasant surprise, woke up this morning and see thanks to the record the Raptors are now 9th place!

WE DID IT GUYS! WE DID IT!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Everyone please take a moment to laugh at Adam Blade for making the worst avatar bet of the season.

lol son

KingGondo

Banned
Trade Maynor for Ronnie Brewer, sign Fisher.

Presti is insane.
You obviously haven't watched Maynor play this season.

He has not been good. At all.

I'm fine with signing Fish as long as he doesn't get major minutes.
What a pleasant surprise, woke up this morning and see thanks to the record the Raptors are now 9th place!

WE DID IT GUYS! WE DID IT!
Think about how amazing we'll feel when Based Weeden leads the Browns to a 7-9 record next season!

Everyone please take a moment to laugh at Adam Blade for making the worst avatar bet of the season.

lol son

What was the bet?

Also, turns out Parker was hurt in the game against the Clippers and didn't tell Pop about it. I don't think we win if he had sat out, (think we would have lost regardless, played 3 games in 4 nights and that was a back to back game) but it was dumb of him not to tell the Spurs staff about it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Think about how amazing we'll feel when Based Weeden leads the Browns to a 7-9 record next season!

Hey it's the offseason, dream big. Maybe everyone will be so banged up in the AFC North that we steal a playoff position.

But no 7-9 my hope, we'll see if that rises after FA and the draft.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sweet looks like since it's the Wizards tonight they didn't sell enough tickets for the lower bowl. I get to upgrade my season seats for the night to lower bowl. Last time I did this I got row 16 for 10 bucks.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Bron would win just for the energy he would bring to the contest. He would bring everyone up a notch.
There is no way that Green and White would have missed their dunks this year if Bron was in the contest.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bron would win just for the energy he would bring to the contest. He would bring everyone up a notch.
There is no way that Green and White would have missed their dunks this year if Bron was in the contest.

Y'all bout to get that work

Last game against Toronto was the worst game of Walls career by a wide margin and it was pretty close.

The rematch should be interesting.

It was also a terrible game for Toronto, and it was in the empty cave that is the Whateverarenathewizardsplayin.com Center. This is going to be in front of a packed house of psycho Raptor fans giving Alan Anderson that scrub MVP chant super-juice. Raps by 10.

Finally got Crysis 3 up and running, got that bitch maxed out and it looks incredible. some of those folks in the gaming area are wearing Sony goggles, no game from those PS4 demos looks better than C3 and the only game on the horizon that might is the next Metro.

reilo

Finally got Crysis 3 up and running, got that bitch maxed out and it looks incredible. some of those folks in the gaming area are wearing Sony goggles, no game from those PS4 demos looks better than C3 and the only game on the horizon that might is the next Metro.

There was no game that looked better than Crysis on PS3 at one point, either.

Then Killzone and Uncharted 2 came out and blew that shit out of the water.

This is Crysis 1 running on GTX680 SLI: http://www.abload.de/img/3ghz5bjax.png (Large PNG ahead).

But we digress :)

That whole Sony presentation was so shrug-worthy. Killzone was just like "oh hey, it's every sci fi FPS ever with more detail on the buildings in the background." That Capcom game was obviously a target render. The car game was like, whatever. A car sim with a little more detail.

Spec-wise PS4 is still looking like the one to get, and doesn't seem like it has the annoying anti-consumer stuff the 720 is looking to cram in. But there's a lot of people chugging that kool aid to try & hype up what they've shown so far. I expect better stuff will be shown at E3 though.

reilo

That whole Sony presentation was so shrug-worthy. Killzone was just like "oh hey, it's every sci fi FPS ever with more detail on the buildings in the background." That Capcom game was obviously a target render. The car game was like, whatever. A car sim with a little more detail.

Spec-wise PS4 is still looking like the one to get, and doesn't seem like it has the annoying anti-consumer stuff the 720 is looking to cram in. But there's a lot of people chugging that kool aid to try & hype up what they've shown so far. I expect better stuff will be shown at E3 though.

Pretty sure everyone is hyping it up based on two factors:

1. The specs they showed and how dev friendly they are
  2. Sony's astounding first-party and how much ass it's kicked the past few years

It might be because of the art style, but looking back at Crysis it doesn't look as hot as when it first came out.

Just read that Nerlens injured the same knee back when he was a sophomore and had to sit out the rest of that season. I don't want us drafting him now, he needs to go to Phoenix.

reilo

damn vanilla Crysis 1 looks pretty bad

no wonder all those mods are mandatory lulz

Yeah, I'm watching this video of it right now and it's great and all but to say PS3 never came close is silly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMHgBplll8Q

Of course the big advantage Crysis has is how large the scope and open the entire world is.

I have Mods, but i assure you no game on the PS3 has or will ever look as good as it does on my PC.

Not even games from 2006-2007? I think you're lying. Because playing Uncharted 2 for the first time was nuts.

Pretty sure everyone is hyping it up based on two factors:

1. The specs they showed and how dev friendly they are
  2. Sony's astounding first-party and how much ass it's kicked the past few years

Nah, a bunch of people are like "look at this killzone gif of a building in the background you're stupid if you don't think this looks amazing aghhh." 99% of the people don't even understand what the specs mean aside from "8 RAMs is better than 4 RAMs!"

But yeah, whatever demo Naughty Dog shows at E3 is gonna rock faces. Too bad they killed off Wipeout, or at least the studio that made it. Hopefully Ridge Racer crawls out of its grave.

Top Bottom