• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

charsace

You know what guys? Call me crazy, but i think kobe will get amnestied. I know, lol, but hold on. We are in a situation where kobe is publicly going after dwight...asking him to work with him or leave, telling him to play through an injury and crap. On the other hand, La know their future is tied to dwight, they have to make a choice on who to suck up to? Kobe or dwight? Season is basically over if both pau and gasol can't play, LA obviously aren't making a trade right now so what else? Remember 04-05? exactly.

Dwight isn't Shaq. The Lakers knew that they would have had either player for at least a couple of seasons no matter the choice. Dwight is a chump mentally so I could still see him leaving even if Kobe isn't there. Hell, he would use Kobe being let go as an excuse for why he leaves the lakers.

PBY

Banned
Dwight isn't Shaq. The Lakers knew that they would have had either player for at least a couple of seasons no matter the choice. Dwight is a chump mentally so I could still see him leaving even if Kobe isn't there. Hell, he would use Kobe being let go as an excuse for why he leaves the lakers.

:/

I thought we were over this.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I have to post in here so that I don't get banned.... I have never wanted to come through the screen and punch someone as much as I do that guy cheering on the guy who killed the LAPD captain's daughter and her fiancee. The fiancee used to play basketball with my brother-in-law and from what he says was a pretty nice guy. It's a really sad event and somebody cheering them on absolutely disgusts me.

Internet anonymity can be the worst.

linsivvi

Lakers don't want Lopez. The 2014 plan is very real and they aren't going to change those plans for Brook Lopez. They will call Dwight's bluff. If he walks he walks.

Edit: and LOL at Kobe being amnestied. Get real.

LOL. You and I have always been on the 2014 train. We were neo-Lakes before there were neo-Lakers.

Since sign and trade is off the table, it would be perfect if they can trade Dwight now for some expiring and a lottery pick. If not, just let him walk.

Nori Chan

I look at the OP by chance and am greeted by 4 more friendly pics of Chandler and or lin

This has got to stop

Avi bet. If Lakers have a better record than the rockets at the end of the season, then you have to wear a chandler parsons avi until the next season.

And if the rockets do same for me but you pick it

i maybe joking but we'll see after tonight if im for real yo

charsace

Lakers don't want Lopez. The 2014 plan is very real and they aren't going to change those plans for Brook Lopez. They will call Dwight's bluff. If he walks he walks.

If the Lakers can get Lopez they should take it and run. I've seen enough of him this year that I can honestly say he's worth more than his contract and should get some MVP consideration. The nets would be a crap team again this season if he wasn't playing for them. His defense has improved and he's a complete offensive center. Duncan is the only center better than him this season.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

I don't understand how Lopez would ruin the Lakers 2014 plans? You either pay Dwight or you pay Lopez. In fact, Lopez would be cheaper than Dwight.

MIAMI -- For the first time this season, the Los Angeles Clippers had all of their players in uniform and practicing on Thursday and could possibly have them all in uniform and playing Friday night against the Miami Heat if there are no setbacks.

Clippers forward Blake Griffin, who has sat out the past two games because of a strained hamstring, went through a light practice as did Clippers guard Jamal Crawford, who sat out Wednesday night's game with a sore right shoulder.

Guards Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups also went through their first practice together in over two months. Paul has missed nine straight games (and 12 overall) with a bruised right kneecap, while Billups has only played three games this season due to peroneal tendinitis in his left foot.

All four players are officially listed as game-time decisions for Friday. Billups is the most likely to play, according to a team source, followed by Griffin, Crawford and Paul. If there are no setbacks, all four players are expected to be back by Sunday's game against the New York Knicks.

Hooray, we can be decent again!

linsivvi

I don't understand how Lopez would ruin the Lakers 2014 plans? You either pay Dwight or you pay Lopez. In fact, Lopez would be cheaper than Dwight.

Pay neither. Tank and pick high, trade Dwight for more picks, and with less than $10M in guaranteed salary, sign some free agents.

Yes, the team will still be under the cap with either of them, but why not stay as flexible as possible? A lot of things can happen between now and then and the team is going to suck for a few years anyway.

Oh yeah, the entire team of Miami Heat may become free agents.....

charsace

Pay neither. Tank and pick high, trade Dwight for more picks, and with less than $10M in guaranteed salary, sign some free agents.

Yes, the team will still be under the cap with either of them, but why not stay as flexible as possible? A lot of things can happen between now and then and the team is going to suck for a few years anyway.

No one is going to trade 1st round picks for Dwight if he isn't locked up long term.

linsivvi

No one is going to trade 1st round picks for Dwight if he isn't locked up long term.

Right. They can't trade him now anyway since the management have made it public that they won't trade him this season.

They can, however, give him a new contract and if (when) things don't work out next season, trade him. :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I look at the OP by chance and am greeted by 4 more friendly pics of Chandler and or lin

This has got to stop

NEVAR!
edit- stupid gif won't load ....

iUTd2drT310C6.gif

PBY

Banned

Neolakes- waiting on heat table scraps.

Branduil

Dwight isn't going to leave. I mean he obviously hates Kobe but he probably also assumes Kobe will be gone in a couple of years and after that he can be the Lakers "alpha" dog as they dwindle into mediocrity.

Omega

Banned
Dwight isn't going to leave. I mean he obviously hates Kobe but he probably also assumes Kobe will be gone in a couple of years and after that he can be the Lakers "alpha" dog as they dwindle into mediocrity.

If Kobe is gone in a "couple" of years Dwight will already have passed his prime.

It's one or the other. Dwight's a little bitch, he can't deal with Kobe telling him to man up every week for the next two/three years

Emwitus

"It's frustrating," Kobe acknowledged. "It's really no fault of Pau's. He's the same Pau, but they tried to push another agenda and go away from him. I was like, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa. Am I out of the loop? The guy won us back-to-back championships. Did I miss something?'
Kobe really loves pau or really hates dwight. Take your pick lol

Smokey

Avi bet. If Lakers have a better record than the rockets at the end of the season, then you have to wear a chandler parsons avi until the next season.

And if the rockets do same for me but you pick it

i maybe joking but we'll see after tonight if im for real yo

I'm a let it marinate for you to see if you real about it. Lakers won't finish with a better record than the Rockets. Chandlers extra friendly self won't stop me

Canuck76

Banned
Kobe really loves pau or really hates dwight. Take your pick lol

Hahaha that's hilarious

Wow hey, what's going on over here? Hey uh, this guy won us two chips shouldn't he be on the floor i mean c'mon, who's calling these shots?

Oscar winning performance

Vahagn

Dwight's shoulder has been medically cleared for DAYS!

Dudes not playing because he's scared. He's right, he's not a doctor...the doctors said he can play.

Kobe and especially Nash don't tell people to toughen up and play when the doctors are advising against it. Dwight's scared about his future because he doesn't wanna risk having another surgery again. He's just shell shocked.

We ain't giving Dwight a 100 million with this attitude. Shaq got traded for his "I got hurt on company time, I'm gonna recover on company time shit" and he won is 3 chips before he said that.

Mitch - Trade Dwight please.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=157105

Man... shit like this pisses me off. I know Lakers fans in real life who also feel this way. I mean, what's wrong with that quote? I'm the last person from a D12 fan, but the dude is right. Its his career. Why would he risk longterm injury? It just kills me to see fans screaming for blood when its not really their shoulder or money on the line.

fans must be spoiled by Kobe.

I have to post in here so that I don't get banned.... I have never wanted to come through the screen and punch someone as much as I do that guy cheering on the guy who killed the LAPD captain's daughter and her fiancee. The fiancee used to play basketball with my brother-in-law and from what he says was a pretty nice guy. It's a really sad event and somebody cheering them on absolutely disgusts me.
Wtf? Link?

PBY

Banned
Dwight's shoulder has been medically cleared for DAYS!

Dudes not playing because he's scared. He's right, he's not a doctor...the doctors said he can play.

Kobe and especially Nash don't tell people to toughen up and play when the doctors are advising against it. Dwight's scared about his future because he doesn't wanna risk having another surgery again. He's just shell shocked.

We ain't giving Dwight a 100 million with this attitude. Shaq got traded for his "I got hurt on company time, I'm gonna recover on company time shit" and he won is 3 chips before he said that.

Mitch - Trade Dwight please.

You're the kind of sports fan that I can't stand. Youre sitting there SCREAMING FOR BLOOD when its not your money or shoulder on the line. No shit he doesn't wanna risk a shoulder injury. I'm not saying hes right or wrong, but I'm not comfortable throwing a dude under the bus because he won't give you minutes so your team can make the playoffs.

Sanjuro

You're the kind of sports fan that I can't stand. Youre sitting there SCREAMING FOR BLOOD when its not your money or shoulder on the line. No shit he doesn't wanna risk a shoulder injury. I'm not saying hes right or wrong, but I'm not comfortable throwing a dude under the bus because he won't give you minutes so your team can make the playoffs.

I don't think it's that wrong of an idea. It depends on the athlete and the track record.

For MLB, we had JD Drew here, who was notorious for not playing unless he was 96-100% healthy. Do I blame people for getting pissed at him? Not really. Would I be frustrated myself? Sometimes.

Nobody wants to root for someone to go in and ruin their career. If you build a track record, then of course people are going to have ammunition.

This is Dwight Howard we are talking about here.
He plays for the Los Angeles Lakers.

I don't know how the rest of Laker Age feels, but if Dwight walked, I would not be upset. Just more money off the books.

He is not the center I thought he was. I think Shaq was right when he trash Howard earlier this year. I do not care if he stays or goes. He is not tough enough emotionally to play for LA.

Sanjuro

I don't know how the rest of Laker Age feels, but if Dwight walked, I would not be upset. Just more money off the books.

He is not the center I thought he was. I think Shaq was right when he trash Howard earlier this year. I do not care if he stays or goes. He is not tough enough emotionally to play for LA.

He wasn't tough enough emotionally to play in Orlando. ORLANDO. That's like playing a professional NBA game at your local YMCA.

I care if he stays or goes, but I do agree he's not emotionally tough enough. He doesn't have the mental fortitude of a superstar.

I wonder if Dwight should lose some weight.

Duncan and KG are two of the best lowpost defenders and defensive rebounders (per minute at least) in the league at around 230 pounds (very good argument that they are the best one-on-one lowpost defenders right now I think) so you don't have to be huge to be able to play in the paint and he could use some more mobility after his injury.

Then again, he doesn't really have any fat and I'm not a weightlifter so I'm not definite about whether losing muscle would help mobility.

Don't care about the emotional stuff or whatever. If he really was an emotional wreck or didn't care about being great or winning or whatever, he would have developed into Kwame Brown: Not the second best player in the league for three years.

Just going online: ESPN sources say Bulls & Raptors have had exploratory talks on potential trade featuring Carlos Boozer & Andrea Bargnani

Thibs to murder somebody, what the fuck.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Just going online: ESPN sources say Bulls & Raptors have had exploratory talks on potential trade featuring Carlos Boozer & Andrea Bargnani

lmao

poor soulplaya :(

Darkman M

Mitch made it clear he's not trading Dwight, and for fuck sure is not trading him for Lopez, no one but Knick age wants that shit.

Emwitus

Replace 11-12 bynum with dwight, this team would be top 5 seeding.

Speaking of narratives based on intangibles instead of actual ability, Rondo getting criticized for being selfish (which is being given as the reason why they're not horrible off without him) instead of being criticized for not having the size or touch to make an impact in scoring or defense (which is the real reason why they're still good without him) bugs me. Yeah, he's a statpadder, but I think being a guard with terrible scoring might matter more.

Top Bottom