• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Flash

Thats a bad trade for both teams unless CHI can get Lowry included.

BC being BC.

lol so its a bad trade for both teams, but if we give them lowry, it's good?

wat

how would the contracts work out? I don't see this happening unless it saves the some money (short term and long)

also, BC seems to be 100% against tanking and going for wiggins so I welcome this trade. If we're gonna be treadmill, might as well try to be decent. Boozer is a significant upgrade over Bargnani, and as for the contract stuff I really don't give a shit. It's not like BC makes good with any free cap space. If paying Boozer means less chance of overpaying players like Fields and Kleiza, I'm all in.

lol so its a bad trade for both teams, but if we give them lowry, it's good?

wat

how would the contracts work out? I don't see this happening unless it saves the some money (short term and long)

also, BC seems to be 100% against tanking and going for wiggins so I welcome this trade. If we're gonna be treadmill, might as well try to be decent. Boozer is a significant upgrade over Bargnani, and as for the contract stuff I really don't give a shit. It's not like BC makes good with any free cap space. If paying Boozer means less chance of overpaying players like Fields and Kleiza, I'm all in.

I should have worded it better. Bargs for Booz is bad for both teams, though Toronto would probably benefit in the short term. Bargs+Lowry for Booz would be good for CHI.

Vahagn

You're the kind of sports fan that I can't stand. Youre sitting there SCREAMING FOR BLOOD when its not your money or shoulder on the line. No shit he doesn't wanna risk a shoulder injury. I'm not saying hes right or wrong, but I'm not comfortable throwing a dude under the bus because he won't give you minutes so your team can make the playoffs.

Type of fan you can't stand? wtf? Cuz I'm asking him to play through pain?

100 million dollar players don't sacrifice putting their body on the line. If he's medically cleared, he plays. You got two older guys playing through injuries and you have Dwight saying "I want to be dominant next year"?

That doesn't show loyalty to the franchise, that shows loyalty to his own personal self interests.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Dwight's inner circle basically said "don't risk anything at all. if you're injured this summer, or need surgery, you'll make less money. Better to quit on the team now and be healthy in the summer to get that 100 million"

Which is fine, except that's not how Franchise players act. That's how the players like Marbury act.

Nash and Kobe have had better careers than Dwight will probably have, and they're at the tail end of their career busting their butts playing ridiculous minutes to win regular season ball games and Dwight's "scared" of another surgery or hurting his stock this summer.

Go somewhere else with that shit

otapnam

100 million dollar players don't sacrifice putting their body on the line. If he's medically cleared, he plays. You got two older guys playing through injuries and you have Dwight saying "I want to be dominant next year"?

That doesn't show loyalty to the franchise, that shows loyalty to his own personal self interests.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Dwight's inner circle basically said "don't risk anything at all. if you're injured this summer, or need surgery, you'll make less money. Better to quit on the team now and be healthy in the summer to get that 100 million"

Which is fine, except that's not how Franchise players act. That's how the players like Marbury act.

Nash and Kobe have had better careers than Dwight will probably have, and they're at the tail end of their career busting their butts playing ridiculous minutes to win regular season ball games and Dwight's "scared" of another surgery or hurting his stock this summer.

Yep. Dwights been a pussy far too long. He wont have many more years to prove himself the way he acts

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

calm down...

he didn't want to be in LA and Kobe being a douche isn't helping

That's dumb. They're not making the playoffs anyway, might as well have him rest or get surgery or whatever he needs to do instead of proving a point and potentially ruining next season too

Doctors were saying injury can't get worse from I udnerstand. If he needs surgery, playing isn't going to make the procedure any more difficult or the outcome any worse. This is literally only a matter of him being able to play through the pain.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
ESPNSteinLine
Just going online: ESPN sources say Bulls & Raptors have had exploratory talks on potential trade featuring Carlos Boozer & Andrea Bargnani

lmao

poor soulplaya :(

I'd feel bad for both teams. It does nothing to improve Toronto's rebuilding process by adding even an even higher salary and Chicago definitely doesn't improve at all unless they get the Raptors to package another decent piece.

Vahagn

calm down...

he didn't want to be in LA and Kobe being a douche isn't helping

If you can't handle someone telling you to play through pain, you can't handle putting the Lakers on your shoulders for 5-7 years.

Kobe used to bash on Gasol in the media ALL the time, Gasol figured it out. PHIL JACKSON used to bash on his players including Kobe to the media all the time.

This isn't new. This is a test. If Dwight Howard can't take criticism from someone above him in the basketball pantheon without being butt hurt, he can't run this franchise.

"It's my body, it's my life, it's my career. Stop telling me what to do" is a childish response and not fit for a leader. This dude is mentally Andrew Bynum 2.0.

Shaq's been criticizing Dwight through the media for 2 years now and Dwight can't handle that either. Dude's just mentally weak.

Go to a franchise where he'll be coddled - the bright lights and pressure of LA ain't for him.

Omega

Banned
I've never understood the idea of loyalty to a franchise as a player.

At the end of the day, unless you're Lebron, Kevin Durant or Kobe you're expendable.

and why would anyone be loyal to a team that's run by a guy who chose Mike Antoni over Phil Jackson.

Shaq's been criticizing Dwight through the media for 2 years now and Dwight can't handle that either. Dude's just mentally weak.

Shaq is such a revisionist with his 28/15 and holds every other center to that standard or they suck. dude averaged it once during the playoffs and acts like he did it multiple times throughout his career

I feel for Dwight. This is pretty much what he envisioned which is why he didn't want to go to LA in the first place.

And LMAO at believing Dwight should show any "loyalty" to the franchise. He showed no loyalty to Orlando and you traded for him knowing he had one year left

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
3pt contest has a lot of killers.

ibugJc96IRyaJs.png

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'd feel bad for both teams. It does nothing to improve Toronto's rebuilding process by adding even an even higher salary and Chicago definitely doesn't improve at all unless they get the Raptors to package another decent piece.

If we do this trade screw it let's become the most exciting treadmill team in the league.

Shaq is so fucking stupid. Why would you want to see Lillard and Irving on the same squad? This is the last time I want to see these idiots pick teams for the rising stars game.

Not sure how the fuck Chuck went with Vucevic over Kemba...

At least he was smart enough to get Beal I guess...because nobody else on that squad is going to knock down a perimeter jumper.

Team Shaq by 40.

Top Bottom