• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

bjb

Banned
The New Orleans Hornets have shown a willingness to engage in talks for Eric Gordon, according to a rival executive.

Gordon's agent, Rob Pelinka, has been more than open to the idea of a trade for his client as well.

Gordon signed with the Phoenix Suns last summer and his comments after the Hornets matched the offer sheet suggested that he was upset about the situation.

"You never know what could happen," Gordon said by phone when asked if he now sees New Orleans as the long-term spot for him. "The main thing right now is to really focus on this team. After thinking about my injuries and everything, everything is year by year with me. I have to focus on this year. I don't know what's going to happen. You never know what's going to happen."

If this is even remotely true - what a debacle.

I'll say the Knicks would be foolish to take on 3 years at 12.8 mill. Knicks need to be saving money as much as possible (let's face it, they can only use bargain deals right now). The only real reason not to do the deal is Shump is cheap to keep and is value is pudding.

Why in the fuck you would commit $60 million to a guy who clearly doesn't want to be in your organization....the injury history is just icing on the cake. This is why shit teams stay shit teams.

bjb

Banned
Why in the fuck you would commit $60 million to a guy who clearly doesn't want to be in your organization....the injury history is just icing on the cake. This is why shit teams stay shit teams.

He bought Panera bread for the entire organization after coming back earlier this year.

Edit

Hornets guard Eric Gordon catered breakfast from Panera for the entire Hornets staff this morning: “I had it planned awhile ago, while I was back in LA. I wanted to do it, for sure, around New Year’s, and I just thought overall, this was the best time. I’ve been away from everybody on the team, the whole Hornets organization, so, it was good to do something for them.” via Times-Picayune

Is it just tonight or does Kyrie's defense suck?

Most young players suck at defense...especially since he has to score so much with that squad..

People don't realize how hard it is to be proficient on both sides of the floor. A lot of guys shit the floor on one side to give themselves breaks on the other end.

Hence most defensive stoppers are mediocre offensively.

LeBron, Jordan, FroBe are freaks.

Kyrie is awful on defense
Most young players suck at defense...especially since he has to score so much with that squad..

People don't realize how hard it is to be proficient on both sides of the floor. A lot of guys shit the floor on one side to give themselves breaks on the other end.

Hence most defensive stoppers are mediocre offensively.

LeBron, Jordan, FroBe are freaks.
True.

As a great of a player Kyrie is, he isn't a very good point guard. I know his team mates aren't great but him taking all the shots right now doesn't help, there's still a bit of time left in the game, share the ball.

He's young though.

masud

Banned
Shump for Dudley (and possibly a future 1st)? Yeah I'd do that. Dudley's young, better and there's no guarantee that Shumps gonna reach that level. Idk why the suns would do that...

I'll say the Knicks would be foolish to take on 3 years at 12.8 mill. Knicks need to be saving money as much as possible (let's face it, they can only use bargain deals right now). The only real reason not to do the deal is Shump is cheap to keep and is value is pudding.

what exactly does Dudley add to the Knicks that isnt already there? hes a veteran role player, a knock down shooter and perimeter defender on a team that already has all that.

Vahagn

This might be a really random time to say I had a pretty intricate and vivid dream about signing with the Knicks and being their backup PG for the rookie minimum under D'Antoni.

Barely moving to NY in time, not having a car, and showing up at half time to my first game because I got lost trying to use the Subway system.

No part of this dream made any sense, including why I dreamt that I was a backup PG for a organization I don't care for making such measly-by-NBA-standards money.

giri

what exactly does Dudley add to the Knicks that isnt already there? hes a veteran role player, a knock down shooter and perimeter defender on a team that already has all that.

Because Dudley gives them Novak and Ronnie brewer in one player. He's also either the smartest or second smartest guy on the team (may be behind J.Kidd).

Much better at controlling his temper and the demeanor of those around him.

A insanely great locker room guy.

Is most definitely NOT a ball stopper. V.Good passer who makes very few TO's.

Has already managed to learn to fake the 3 and put the ball on the floor instead of shooting a contested 3 (novak).

Good system defender. He always gets his player to go exactly where they should according to the teams defensive scheme. Combine that with Tyson behind him?

Can defend the 2, 3 & 4.

And is incredibly efficient.

Solid Rebounder.

Dudley is the sort of role player you find on chip teams like that mavs team. All that for 4M a year. He's no superstar, but he's a bonafide role player that knows his role and wants to execute that to the absolute best of his ability in every facet.

So, Dudley would be an instant starter in NY, and on a team that relies on bombing 3's, having a guy who has managed to turn himself into a consistent +.400 3pt shooter isn't a bad idea. He adds a ton of everything the Knicks need.

Compare that to Novak, who only shoots 3's, is incredibly terrible at defense and a net negative 9 out of every 10 games he plays. Or Brewer who is a good man defender who still hasn't got a jumper and clogs up the lane on an already clogged up team.

NFI how the deal makes sense for the Suns.

Top Bottom