• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

shira

nope.gif

Shoulda let that halftime guy Lebron hugged take it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I still think they're they're in trouble in a long series where they have to score/defend in the half court, but they're fun to watch.

If McGee wasn't such a dumb ass they would be in better shape

Oh he's a very good athlete who can block shots and rebound but as an overall basketball player, he is worse than mediocre. Lakers would have a better record with Dalembert...

I was re-reading the thread....I am just going to stop here.

Good first morning without football, fellas. Actually, terrible :(

Cloudy

Banned
I was re-reading the thread....I am just going to stop here.

Good first morning without football, fellas. Actually, terrible :(

I judge alleged stars by how good they'd be without their natural physical gifts. Dwight would not be in the NBA if he wasn't 7 feet and athletic. He wouldn't even be in the league if he was just as tall as the average NBA player. He has minimal basketball skills and is a complete embarrassment to watch at times

fertygo

I judge alleged stars by how good they'd be without their natural physical gifts. Dwight would not be in the NBA if he wasn't 6-11 and athletic
What your point?
Being tall and have physical gift is not among requred talent to play basketball?

Kobe not gonna in NBA either if he 5-6ft.

Cloudy

Banned
What your point?
Being tall and have physical gift is not among requred talent to play basketball?

Kobe not gonna in NBA either if he 5-6ft.

There are no 5-6 players in the NBA. Kobe at Nate Robinson's size is still an NBA player. Dwight at 6-6 doesn't sniff the league (you can't say this for any other star big mean cos they have actual basketball skills)

I judge alleged stars by how good they'd be without their natural physical gifts. Dwight would not be in the NBA if he wasn't 7 feet and athletic. He wouldn't even be in the league if he was just as tall as the average NBA player. He has minimal basketball skills and is a complete embarrassment to watch at times

You wanna know why you judge alleged stars by how good they'd be without athleticism? Not because that's a good way to measure one's basketball talent, but because you're fucking obsessed with Kobe. I already know where this is headed..."Kobe is still effective even at an older age!"

Yeah well Dwight just came off BACK SURGERY. Everybody in here was saying dude shouldn't come back this early and yall are going pre-season MEDICALLY CLEARED, NO EXCUSES

You do realize a ton of players in this league have extraordinary physical gifts, right? And the large majority of them still aren't that good. So to credit his success only to athleticism and height is hilarious

There are no 5-6 players in the NBA. Kobe at Nate Robinson's size is still an NBA player. Dwight at 6-6 doesn't sniff the league (you can't say this for any other star big mean cos they have actual basketball skills)

"Let's shrink the guy's height by 6 inches just because"

OH, and you already brought up Kobe. I already knew where this was headed

Can you make an argument that isn't based off of a Kobe?

Cloudy

Banned
I only mentioned Kobe as a response to someone else. I was actually thinking LMA or Big Al as bigs who would still be in the NBA at 6-6

The facts: Dwight Howard stinks and Lakers will regret it if they give him a max contract

I only mentioned Kobe as a response to someone else. I was actually thinking LMA or Big Al as bigs who would still be in the NBA at 6-6

You know another big who would be in the NBA at 6-6 based off your "skill logic"?

Andrea Bargnani

I rest my case

Blackace

If Kobe wasn't athletic he wouldn't be an NBA player...

Tha is the basis for pretty much every NBA player inn today's NBA. I understand that D12 is playing poorly, but his last two years in Orlando proves everything you say about him not having basketball skills to be false. They are just not on the side of the ball you pay attention to..

Tha is the basis for pretty much every NBA player inn today's NBA. I understand that D12 is playing poorly, but his last two years in Orlando proves everything you say about him not having basketball skills to be false. They are just not on the side of the ball you pay attention to..

Does Kobex actually pay attention to any side of the ball or does he have his eyes fixed on Kobe the whole time and the people "losing it" for him

"If he was shorter he wouldn't be in!" If LeBron was 6'0 and not the physical specimen he is, he probably wouldn't be one of the greatest players either. so I'm not sure why playing that hypothetical has any point

Blackace

The facts: Dwight Howard stinks and Lakers will regret it if they give him a max contract

Maybe they would be... But if you just shrunk D12 to 6'6" he would basically become DeRozen

Blackace

Does Kobex actually pay attention to any side of the ball or does he have his eyes fixed on Kobe the whole time and the people "losing it" for him

Him and Vaughn are so funny... I wish they would form a Japanese style comedian duo

Cloudy

Banned

"If he was shorter he wouldn't be in!" If LeBron was 6'0 and not the physical specimen he is, he probably wouldn't be one of the greatest players either. so I'm not sure why playing that hypothetical has any point

LeBron would still be an NBA player at 6 feet though. He has actual skills not just freakish athleticism.

Dwight has nothing besides his size and athleticism. He is Kwame Brown with more physical gifts

Cloudy

Banned

What skills did Dwight display in Orlando? All he did was overpower smaller guys while being protected from swarming defense by deadeye shooters. Watching Dwight this year makes me respect SVG and that supporting cast in Orlando so much more

Blackace

LeBron would still be an NBA player at 6 feet though. He has actual skills not just freakish athleticism.

Dwight has nothing besides his size and athleticism. He is Kwame Brown with more physical gifts

LBJ relies heavily on his gifts, like MJ did, like Kobe does... So just stop

Blackace

What skills did Dwight display in Orlando? All he did was overpower smaller guys while being protected from swarming defense by deadeye shooters. Watching Dwight this year makes me respect SVG and that supporting cast in Orlando so much more

Like I said, it was on the side of the ball you care little for. You are the Mike D of NBA fans

charsace

This. We were playing our best when brewer was hitting that corner 3 but then his deal with Satan expired. Dudley could fit that role and do more. We have to consider that trade and if the sun's are dumb enough to give us a pick too then it's a no brainer.

Its not a no brainer. Shumpert's stock is low right now because of the injury that's the reason why the Suns can offer this package for a young player with allstar potential. I would say no to this. I value Shump more than what the Suns are offering.

Blackace

I care about defense but Dwight's defense is nothing special tbh.

Sure you do... And the Magic teams without him were horrible defensively without him, and awesome with him. His rebounding and D changed games. He should be a better player on O with his tools but pretending like he has no feel for the game or skills for the game is silly

Cloudy

Banned
I would not be so bitterly disappointed with Dwight if he just played defense and rebounded while getting Chandler-style offense. I just get sick watching the lack of post moves, endless turnovers, hookshots that don't graze the rim, missed fts and overall offensive incompetence of the so-called best center

He is a fraud

Blackace

I would not be so bitterly disappointed with Dwight if he just played defense and rebounded while getting Chandler-style offense. I just get sick watching the lack of post moves, endless turnovers, hookshots that don't graze the rim, missed fts and overall offensive incompetence of the so-called best center

Dwight is a fraud

You just described Tyson's O perfectly..just he doesnt get as many touches

What is the point of arguing about what doesn't exist?

Also you are just spoiled as hell. I hope every Lakers center ever ends up drawing Kwame comparisons from you because you don't know any better

I love the classic "All he does is overpower guys" yeah the dude isn't a wizard in the post but forgive him if he likes to dunk and do that BECAUSE HE CAN.

I value Shump more than what the Suns are offering.

That is because you are a classic Knicks fan

Did you have a good time getting wasted with Zeus?

Blackace

Also laughable to be mad at a guy because the front office in Orlando did a better job of finding players to match his skillset than the Lakers

Also laughable to be mad at a guy because the front office in Orlando did a better job of finding players to match his skillset than the Lakers

Anytime you can bring over a guy who was reluctant to come because he didn't want to play with one of the biggest ball hogs in the history of the game, and then hire a coach not suited for his game and that he didn't want, you gotta do it.

Blackace

Anytime you can bring over a guy who was reluctant to come because he didn't want to play with one of the biggest ball hogs in the history of the game, and then hire a coach not suited for his game and that he didn't want, you gotta do it.

no three point shooting and a doucebag player who thinks he call out teammates through the media is a great fit for D12

I love that he knows his role and is happy to concentrate on what he does best. I would rather have Chandler on the Lakers

D12 knows his role.. He is trying to do what is expected of him.. But bad coaching and players don't help

I love that he knows his role and is happy to concentrate on what he does best. I would rather have Chandler on the Lakers

If you said this in the beginning that would have been fine

But things like "Barely better than Bargnani" and "Super Kwame" are ridiculous

D12 knows his role.. He is trying to do what is expected of him.. But bad coaching and players don't help

People really shouldn't underestimate his surgeries/injuries either

Just cause you go out there and play doesn't mean you can do what you're fully capable of. the fact that he has a broken back and even more while pulling down a double double is testament to how effective he can really be

fertygo

You talking like this to pau, Bynum, Odom, Nash and whoever not named Kobe and yet Lakers still sucks.

Wanna speak hypothetical thing? I'm 100% sure your team record would be better if your man that missing game than those player that you shitting.

Cloudy

Banned

This is a fair point but Dwight does not seem to know or care about his own limitations. A smarter player would have recognized that we just aren't good when the offense is run through him and focused on defense. A smarter player wouldn't have let a scared ass coach leave him in games during hackashaq costing us crucial wins (7 by my count). We could use those 7 wins right now....

That is my biggest issue with Dwight. He does not have an honest assessment of his own game. That is scary and destructive to LA's future if they give him the max

ISOM

You talking like this to pau, Bynum, Odom, Nash and whoever not named Kobe and yet Lakers still sucks.

Wanna speak hypothetical thing? I'm 100% sure your team record would be better if your man that missing game than those player that you shitting.

English do you speak it?

Blackace

This is a fair point but Dwight does not seem to know or care about his own limitations. A smarter player would have recognized that we just aren't good when the offense is run through him and focused on defense. A smarter player wouldn't have let a scared ass coach leave him in games during hackashaq costing us crucial wins (7 by my count). We could use those 7 wins right now....

lol no... No player benches themself

Cloudy

Banned
lol no... No player benches themself

True but there's ways to let the coach know you won't pout if you're benched strategically for a few minutes. Dwight never let D'Antoni feel comfortable with doing that so the coach had to defend the indefensible. I blame D'Antoni partly for this though. You have to take wins when you can, hurt feelings or not.

The day I was through with Dwight is when we lost to the Pacers by 2 with 20 missed fts. Fuck that shit

Top Bottom