• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

exarkun

Godaamn, defensive juggernaut EC6 sealed that game with his bloc...I mean attempted block.

D'antoni made no adjustments when the heat started to double kobe in the post and crash the paint. Terrible coach, at least his brother can handle defensive rotations pretty decently.

Wade
othx6Ln.png

LeBron
DjX59Pw.png

Bosh had 11 boards, but he's coming off the flu so wateva.

Emwitus

Keeping the lead under 10
Moral victory #9...not achieved

Good game heat age. Game was close for the first 42 minutes.
Im really tied of Pringles at this point. We might make a run but it won't matter since we have a shitty coach who's never heard of defense. He doesn't understand that if we rebound or defend it doesn't matter how bad our offence is ....ala Mike brown. I've never Seen him make a single defensive or rebounding adjustment. It makes me sick.

Wade killed lakers thanks to d'antoni stupidly putting Meeks on him. No adjustments when it was time to make them and he leaves small forwards to rebound fts with 6 seconds left. Coaching can't be his hard, dude.

Nash should have ran the late game offense. The game was lost when bron was on the bench and wade went off plus turnovers trying to get d12 the ball.

Oh well. Fucking Phoenix loss.

In really tied of Pringles at this point. We might makea run but it won't matter since we have a shitty coach who's never heard of defense. He doesn't understand that if were rebound IBF defend well it doesn't matter much I'd our offence is terrible....ala Mike brown. It makes me sick.
Look on the bright side, the Celtics are on a 6 game win streak.

Cloudy

Banned
Does LeBron even guard the best opposing player anymore? It's been Allen/Wade/everyone but Bron on Kobe.

Bron guarded Kobe a bit.

I'm okay with this game by LA. We didn't get embarrassed but Miami exposed some flaws of not having a backup big or competent offense outside of Kobe on the elbow.

Biggest issue I see is Metta. This guy has to be benched

Pimpwerx

"Normally the world-class Heatles have trouble getting up for games against bottom feeders. But not today. This bottom-feeding, lottery team was all the rage in the offseason. The Dwight trade was supposed to end the Big3's dynasty campaign in resounding fashion. The only thing resounding is the season sweep we just completed. I don't know how else to articulate it. Bron and Wade just shitted on Kobe and Dwight. Filthy! Disgusting! [Rick Ross]Ugh![/Rick Ross] 34-14. Beating a scrub team shouldn't be this enjoyable."

PEACE.

Bron guarded Kobe a bit.

I'm okay with this game by LA. We didn't get embarrassed but Miami exposed some flaws of not having a backup big or competent offense outside of Kobe on the elbow.

But they do have another offense. It's Nash pnr.

Lakers are struggling every 4 th quarter because teams adjust to the Kobe post isos in the 4th and mda doesn't adjust to it. Ever. The solution is so have Nash use the possession and find open looks.

Lebron was attacking the entry pass to Kobe all 4th and ignored mwp to crash passing lanes. No adjustments.

jjasper

Apparently the Grizz flew the Detroit fan that was looking for Prince before the game the day of the trade and gave him court side seats.

Do you understand what I was saying before, now? The kind of ball pressure we're delivering right now is the kind we put up when we're clicking on all cylinders. This is more like what we'll look like in the playoffs. We'll have lulls, but this kind of pressure will be more consistent in the postseason. We're not a big team, so our defense focuses on the perimeter to deny the interior. PEACE.

Not really? You won by 10 when the Lakers spotted you 11 points. Actually more than 11 considering you'd also have to subtract the expected value of the Lakers' own possessions.

Have you forgotten the first game? Nash cannot do anything against their traps of his PnR. Lakers were smart not to try it this time...

You have to adjust. Miami wasn't going to trap because they made the adjustment to trap Kobe. Also they tried it on Blake and it failed every time.

Yo can't keep running the thing the other team took away. You have to do something else.

This keeps happening. Tbh I'm shocked no one else went to a zone since the Minnesota game.

Howard's FT ineptitude makes going to him late in the 4th too risky.
Going to him at any point in the game is too risky. His hands are awful, which makes him ineffectual at completing alley oops. He has no conception of ball protection and perpetually keeps the ball way too low, making him constantly turnover prone. He doesn't have a go-to post move that works more than 30% of the time. He's spatially challenged, which results in him overshooting 75% of his layups. To top it all off, he manages to get hacked all the time, which usually results in getting less than one point per possession.

Dwight is a fucking scrub.

Pimpwerx

Not really? You won by 10 when the Lakers spotted you 11 points.

We were shooting 60% to LA's 50% at halftime, with better rebounding. The difference in the score was really us turning the ball over, and the Lakers being very secure with the ball. Without the turnovers, we can't get out and run. The team and staff have been emphasizing generating turnovers more than getting rebounds this season. That's been the talking point, anyway. PEACE.

at the very least, this Raps team is hella fun to watch now. When Casey has Gay playing the 4 spot and Derozan and Ross at the 2 and 3, Lowry at the 1 and Amir Johnson at the 5, the Raps have gotta be the fastest, most athletic team in the east after Miami.

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
We have to find a way to get howard to touch the ball each possession. He causes so much attention in the post only good comes out of it. Only the bench players were feeding howard the ball. I remember when timewarner cable kept playing that Kobe to Howard alley op and at the end it said "are you ready". We lack chemistry. Kobe and Dwight need to get on the same page. It seems as Kobe hasnt been wanting to pass the ball to Kobe and Dwight needs to start making contact on those screen in rolls. We will be ready for the playoffs.

LOL-CEPTION_o_93647.gif

Cloudy

Banned
You have to adjust. Miami wasn't going to trap because they made the adjustment to trap Kobe. Also they tried it on Blake and it failed every time.

Yo can't keep running the thing the other team took away. You have to do something else.

This keeps happening. Tbh I'm shocked no one else went to a zone since the Minnesota game.

Eh, I thought our offense was fine today. Turnovers and rebounds killed us. I say we keep milking Kobe on the elbow.

linsivvi

Going to him at any point in the game is too risky. His hands are awful, which makes him ineffectual at completing alley oops. He has no conception of ball protection and perpetually keeps the ball way too low, making him constantly turnover prone. He doesn't have a go-to post move that works more than 30% of the time. He's spatially challenged, which results in him overshooting 75% of his layups. To top it all off, he manages to get hacked all the time, which usually results in getting less than one point per possession.

Dwight is a fucking scrub.

Preach.

KingJ2002

That was a good game.

Ultimately trying to feed Dwight in the paint led to many turnovers that could have kept the lakers in the game.

this is where you miss guys like pau and jordan hill. Dwight needs to sit and get himself together... but with all our good bigs out. i couldn't see the lakers coming out with a win here and seeing them sneak into the playoffs will be a challenge.

the beautiful thing here is the improvement from the bench.

Blake, Meeks, Jamison, Clark.. they have been playing solid... tie that in with a healthy starting lineup that are all on the same page. This is where the lakers will become the team everyone feared.

Top Bottom