• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

DJ88

It's just been such a pleasure to watch the Heat, LeBron, and Wade these last few games. One of the biggest reasons I was so glad James finally rose up and took that championship last year was that I knew he'd play even better once all that pressure and weight on his shoulders was lifted. Now that he's playing more care free, more relaxed, it's just so fucking amazing to watch. The efficiency from him in the last 5-6 games is just ridiculous. I'm really savouring every moment of it while it lasts because I'll most likely never get a chance to see a player as incredible or fun to watch, on my home team, every game, for the rest of my life.

That was a good game.

Ultimately trying to feed Dwight in the paint led to many turnovers that could have kept the lakers in the game.

this is where you miss guys like pau and jordan hill. Dwight needs to sit and get himself together... but with all our good bigs out. i couldn't see the lakers coming out with a win here and seeing them sneak into the playoffs will be a challenge.

the beautiful thing here is the improvement from the bench.

Blake, Meeks, Jamison, Clark.. they have been playing solid... tie that in with a healthy starting lineup that are all on the same page. This is where the lakers will become the team everyone feared.

When is that? In eight weeks, when Pau recovers, but the season is over?

Eh, I thought our offense was fine today. Turnovers and rebounds killed us. I say we keep milking Kobe on the elbow.

For 3 quarters. Miami adjusted in the 4th and the lakers did not. It stopped working the last 6 mins and it wasn't because Kobe missed good looks or other dudes did.

The turnovers happened because they kept running that same Kobe iso. It's fine to keep doing it when miami plays it the way they did it the first 3 quarters.

I'm not blaming Kobe at all. I'm blaming mda for not adjusting. They had zero counter actions.

His fault for putting Meeks on wade over Clark when bron was out. Can't guard wade with a smaller player.

Emwitus

I don't thinki can ever get over Antoni ignoring pau for a better part of the season. That's what got us into this whole in my opinion.

Pimpwerx

It's just been such a pleasure to watch the Heat, LeBron, and Wade these last few games. One of the biggest reasons I was so glad James finally rose up and took that championship last year was that I knew he'd play even better once all that pressure and weight on his shoulders was lifted. Now that he's playing more care free, more relaxed, it's just so fucking amazing to watch. The efficiency from him in the last 5-6 games is just ridiculous. I'm really savouring every moment of it while it lasts because I'll most likely never get a chance to see a player as incredible or fun to watch, on my home team, every game, for the rest of my life.

I'm glad I got to see Magic, Bird, Jordan, Shaq and now Lebron in their primes. I got to see Kareem at the tail-end of his career too, and a hollow shell of Moses Malone. PEACE.

Resigning Dwight would be a cataclysmic move on the part of the Lakers front office. He's just simply not that good of a player and has mostly been a detriment this year.

Let Houston have him, they'll pine for the privilege of having Asik suiting up for them.

best i've seen Lowry play in the past few games

so seriously... that rudy gay trade is looking fantastic for us

Who saw this coming? I don't think even the most optimistic proponents of the trade thought it would turn out this well. Certainly not anybody in the media anywhere.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not blaming Kobe at all. I'm blaming mda for not adjusting. They had zero counter actions.

Without Pau, I'm not sure there's a counter unless you want Nash creating his own shot off the dribble lol

Without Pau, I'm not sure there's a counter unless you want Nash creating his own shot off the dribble lol

Nash and Dwight pnr.

You can also try a Nash Kobe pnr to see if they switch chalmers onto Kobe.

Nash has run the games best offenses all time. Fucking let him do it at times. The offense ran well before Kobe was passing too. You have to show multiple looks.

best i've seen Lowry play in the past few games

so seriously... that rudy gay trade is looking fantastic for us
I dont like these Barg for Boozer rumours. Booz is the better player, but why the hell do we want an (overpaid) big who thrives in the half court when we're a team that wants to run all day?

Flash

Who saw this coming? I don't think even the most optimistic proponents of the trade thought it would turn out this well. Certainly not anybody in the media anywhere.

I agree. And Amir being able to stay on the floor while maintaining his advance stats has helped with losing Davis.

I hope Bargnani continues to play within himself of the bench as a sixth man. Get a backup pg and glue Anderson to the bench and this team looks legit for the first time since forever.

Pimpwerx

52 games down for the Lakers. 30 more to go. What do they have to finish in that 30 to have a sniff of the playoffs? 20-10? Should we start counting down the losses? PEACE.

Flash

I dont like these Barg for Boozer rumours. Booz is the better player, but why the hell do we want an (overpaid) big who thrives in the half court when we're a team that wants to run all day?

Boozer's contract scares me too much. But it would make us better but I don't think we should make the trade, especially if Bargnani can accept (and be succesfull in) his new role

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LaMarcus in February: 23.4PPG, 11RPG, 2.8APG, 52.6FG%
Damian in February: 21.4PPG, 3.4RPG, 6.2APG, 47FG%, 39.3 3PT%

If this team only had a bench and some defensive chops.

Maybe when Dwight starts setting real screens. Even JVG called him out today

I agree on that criticism. Still gotta get Nash going.

It's amazing how few adjustment in game the team makes. Mda runs the same thing even if it doesn't work anymore. I wish Nash would just coach.

The rebounds can't be fixed mostly. They're just a small team now. But Sacre needs to play a bit. These super tiny lineups are stupid.

LOL Raps had 10 dunks in the 1st quarter. This is some 2K shit.

If I was playing the Hornets I would just leave Austin Rivers wide open every play, dare them not to pass to him.

jjasper

Tortondo fans shouldn't get too cushy with Gay, you'll get fed up with his ball-stopping inefficientness soon enough
It's a little different in Toronto. Here in Memphis he was keeping 2 all stars from getting touches. In Toronto he is keeping players like Aaron Gray from getting the ball.

Edit: Tony Wroten is free!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
damn ed davis is getting no burn in memphis? that's a shame:(

Ridiculous shame. Was finally starting to play well too.
Memphis is just confusing.

And let's talk about something fun and awesome!
How about that new KD5 commercial??

Another random dunking last night.
"Wirey"?
"Kevin, where is your shoe"?

Pimpwerx

Apparently Miami hasn't held practice in 12 days. That explains a bit. Birdman must be building all his chemistry in games. PEACE.

Top Bottom