• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

KingGondo

Banned
Picking the Lakers to win the West was probably the worst prediction and statement I've ever made in this thread, but at least most people had something similar before the year started.

And this is a time where it feels alright to be wrong...
steve-nash-dwight-howard-si-cover.jpg

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I can't believe I bought league pass to watch this shit. It's like paying someone to punch you in the balls.

7 minute+ scoring drought with Kobe/Nash/Pau/Howard on your team. At home.

People need to calm the fck down.

Picking the Lakers to win the West was probably the worst prediction and statement I've ever made in this thread, but at least most people had something similar before the year started.

I can't believe I bought league pass to watch this shit. It's like paying someone to punch you in the balls.

We're gonna be so fucked after this upcoming part of the schedule.
1339555839393.gif

Fuck that shit. Nash's defense killed us in the end. Don't blame Duhon

They were down like 8 when he came in dude. Game was lost to end the 1st a d 3rd. Both times it went from a tie to deficit.

That was despite the 17 turnovers the starters had. Which is also why they lost.

Every turnover is a 3 point switch for the lakers if not more. 18 in a game is too much. At 12 they still play poor d but they win.

Yeah for the last few years I've thought about getting league pass and this year I ended up buying it with the reasoning that it would be worth it to watch kobe/nash/dwight/pau every game. I was so, so wrong. Wasted money.

linsivvi

Josh Smith top 10 player in the league.

We'll never forget that.

linsivvi

No, the Lakers prediction is far worse since the Lakers are legitimately bad while Smoove is still awesome even if people can argue that he's closer to 20th than top 10.

He's not even top 30 and nobody in the world but Josh Smith and you would put him in the top 10.

Many people actually thought the Lakers could win the West so even though you were wrong, you were not alone.

Anyway, why don't we talk about some other team, like the real defending champion???

Dirk said:
I always liked to think you don't want to build your franchise on hope.

Maybe Cuban has something up his sleeve. Maybe you have to take a chance on a bad contract to get him in here and make something happen. I mean, I don't know. That's something we'll have to see this summer. We're going to play out this season. I'm going to get better and better, hopefully from game to game, so I can actually close out some of these games. And then we'll see what happens.

Pimpwerx

I have fond memories of Lakers Age woofing this Fall. Some choice quote.

Dark Faze said:
Dwights biggest contribution offensively is that he's going to put teams in the penalty 24/7. This was always the case in Orlando but it didn't matter because J-Rich, Meer, etc weren't going to draw touch fouls.

Imagine defending a Dwight/Nash PNR all day with your team in the penalty and Kobe getting cheese touch fouls to instantly get to the line. Its going to be a fucking nightmare defending that team.

Nelo Ice said:
Is there any starting 5 in in the league that can match up with that? It's going to be downright unfair with the way the the offense should work. So many freaking options and all 4 guys command double teams. If World Peace can play as well as he did in the latter half the season then it's going to be be that much more of a nightmare.

Nelo Ice said:
We have a 1-5 prototypical lineup that likely no team can match.

Too much of that Cali herb, I think. LOL! PEACE.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Howard better not show up in San Antonio.

Pop will foul him the entire game

So Howard getting an MRI on the shoulder tomorrow? even better news!

I wonder who the Lakers end up trading Pau for. Any teams have a bunch of slightly above average bench players and a dumb GM?

Top Bottom