• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Emwitus

No. Even then they don't. Ebank didn't see minutes with Mike Brown's offense because he couldn't shoot or cut. He's not that smart of a player yet.

Ebanks is a cutter. That's how he played out of college, that's how he got most of his points whenever he played under mike/phil. I'm not saying his efficient...only that he scores off cuts more than anything since he obviously cant shoot.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ebanks is a cutter. That's how he played out of college, that's how he get's more of his points whenever he plays. I'm not saying his efficient...only that he scores of cuts more than anything since he obviously cant shoot.

No the fuck he wasn't lol

And it doesn't even matter what kind of player he was in college because he hasn't come close to being the same kind of guy, mentally especially, since his knee injury.

Dude used to have an above average first step and okay mid-range game but he'll never be able to do any of what he was good at while playing for the Lakers. The only "cutting" he did was walking to the rim while other teams were rightfully focused on all the players that were better than him. That doesn't make you a cutter. Someone who can cut can do it off a screen or generally have a damned good offball game. He does not have that kind of skillset. He never has.

Emwitus

No the fuck he wasn't lol

And it doesn't even matter what kind of player he was in college because he hasn't come close to being the same kind of guy, mentally especially, since his knee injury.

Dude used to have an above average first step and okay mid-range game but he'll never be able to do any of what he was good at while playing for the Lakers. The only "cutting" he did was walking to the rim while other teams were rightfully focused on all the players that were better than him. That doesn't make you a cutter. Someone who can cut can do it off a screen or generally have a damned good offball game. He does not have that kind of skillset. He never has.

i'll post the scouting report then geez. My point is ebanks and Barnes have the same type of game. I never said ebanks is better at anything only that his style of play is suited to a point guard like nash. Did you watch him play under mike and phil? That has always been his game. Your saying his not a good cutter? I'm saying his a cutter.

DY_nasty

I i'll post the scouting report then geez. My point is ebanks and Barnes have the same type of game. I never said ebanks is better at anything only that his style of play is suited to a point guard like nash. And where else do you cut to if not to the rim?

Do you think cutting and offball offense is just as simple as running to the rim when no one is looking?
Did you watch him play under mike and phil? That has always been his game.
Yeah, I did. And his points almost always came from being completely ignored - not from having plays run for him off-ball or seeing through a defense. Its one of the many benefits of playing next to hall of famer. He can't do anything else other than be forgot about by opposing defenses as they focus on the other 4 players on the court that are better than him in every way on offense.

Emwitus

Do you think cutting and offball offense is just as simple as running to the rim when no one is looking?

No. That's why i singled out ebanks. Again, he might not be a good one....but that IS his game. Matt barnes is far superior to him at it. Which is why i hate him for not living up and being with the lakers.

76: Call it truth in advertising. Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and the rest of the Clippers have combined to connect on a league-leading 76 alley-oops this season, eight more than Denver's 68. Which means they're on pace for a whopping 173 this season after leading the league with 107 in 2011-12. Lob City, indeed.

Indeed.

James White benched for Ronnie Brewer in the starting lineup. FINALLY.

Brewer was coming off the bench once Shump came back anyway, dunno why they didn't want to give White a shot though.

Bulls/Knicks and Memphis/SA, some great matchups tonight, boi.
and fuck the Raps are so much more enjoyable to watch without that bum around. even when losing.

u mad

Neo Member
Picked up Derrick Williams on my fantasy team. Expecting good things from him, especially with Love out for a few months.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
7xcjE.jpg

its time memphis

DY_nasty

hah yeah, I'm watching to see if dropping Richardson for Williams was a bad idea.

Derrick was fucking terrible to start the season. He's had a recent hotstreak, but that dude has been worthless and his entire value depends on Rubio spoon feeding him.

u mad

Neo Member
Derrick was fucking terrible to start the season. He's had a recent hotstreak, but that dude has been worthless and his entire value depends on Rubio spoon feeding him.

Richardson has been straight garbage. I'll take Williams projected stats over what Richardson has been putting up. Also, my fantasy team is in 1st place so I can afford to make some high risk moves at whim.

Not going to happen. It's sad that the knicks we saw in the early season are gone, ball rotation and defense have been forgotten. Woodson really needs to crack down on these guys.

part of that success was felton. prigs and kidd cant penetrate and create open good looks. so they just stand around the perimeter and chuck 3s. dumb

Top Bottom