• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

lol holy shit just realized if that went through Memphis would have ZBo, Best Gasol, Love, and Pekovic.

holy shit

those are big names but it makes no sense from a team standpoint. what use is Love in Memphis with Zbo ? what use is Pekovic when you already have Gasol?
that trade makes no sense for either team.

Gay is going to the Raptors. Colangelo can't sleep at night knowing that Ed Davis will prevent Bargnani from starting when he comes back. He's got to get rid of him even if it means derailing the team's turnaround, taking on $8 billion in salary and having 8 SFs on the roster.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
those are big names but it makes no sense from a team standpoint. what use is Love in Memphis with Zbo and Gasol? what is use Pekovic when you already have Gasol?

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. I'm guessing the offer was multiple teams and would have sent out like Pekovic and brought back Gay. But we have AK.

I voted for Paul George as a starter in the ASG a few weeks back. that dude was stylin in that Miami game the other day....hes the perfect size for a 2/3 combo guard. and fuck, east is weak as fuck @ the 2 spot. the whole league is but the east is pitiful. Your only choices are Wade, Iso Joe, and....JRSmithMontaEllisLouisWilliams...(I felt dirty typing that)
Demar's been playing aight this season tho, I gotta give props where its due cause I hated him getting an extension earlier this year

I hope their road to the finals is tough like last playoffs (it shouldn't have been on paper, but whatever)

It's much better to have your shit handed to you earlier rather than SURPRISE! in the Finals against the best West team (like 2011...) so I hope the rest of the east gets better
Yea but I mean, that don't really play D in the West. Last year we looked so comfortable against OKC, whereas Boston and Indy made even getting the ball up the court look hard.

DAL was just a team with a lot of offensive weapons collectively on a hot streak. And they had defenders like Marion and Chandler. The only team in the current west that could piece together that kind of run is LAC. We'll see, but I'm not really worried at all of either conference.

Matt Steinmetz, an NBA analyst for CSN Bay Area, is reporting that the sale of the Sacramento Kings is complete. He reports, via Sulia:

I've heard from reliable source that the Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out.

Sorry, Sam/etoilet. :(

SoulPlaya

more money than God
$525 million? They're so damn lucky. They blew through their first fortune due to bad real estate deals. Maybe they'll learn their lesson and save?

Cloudy

Banned
I'll say this about D'Antoni, he will play guys who are producing regardless of name. There's no time for politics on this team...

I predict a repeat of the Malice at the Palace when the Thunder come to Seattle. Some fan is gonna go off in Search Ibaka's mouth and then all hell is going to break loose.

Cipherr

So is the Pacers defense really as good as it has looked versus the Heat and the Knicks (in recent games)? Or did the teams they face just suck on those nights, because the D looked extremely impressive versus the Knicks. Damn. Might need to start watching the Pacers games.

rando14

So is the Pacers defense really as good as it has looked versus the Heat and the Knicks (in recent games)? Or did the teams they face just suck on those nights, because the D looked extremely impressive versus the Knicks. Damn. Might need to start watching the Pacers games.

Yup best defense in the league

Don't start watching the Pacers. They turn NBA games into Highschool JV exhibitions. It's awe inspiring how every player seemingly sheds their talent seconds before hitting the floor against them.

I predict a repeat of the Malice at the Palace when the Thunder come to Seattle. Some fan is gonna go off in Search Ibaka's mouth and then all hell is going to break loose.

pfft we know Search ain't bout dis life.

w65ym.png

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I want Portland to make the playoffs with a negative point differential so we can make fun of Hollinger's Power Rankings some more.

I'm already looking forward tot he cavs and bucks

Bucks are gonna give us that work.

They're the perfect balance of bad & talented. They're bad enough to want to show up The Lakers still, and just talented enough to do it. Most of the league falls in that category now that Pau is floating in the ether and Dwight working on his ambidexterity

giri

I actually had to research it myself, and apparently it only applies to guys with 2 or fewer years of NBA experience. But he'll definitely get a big money offer and they shouldn't even think about it. Just match it.

Actually, if i were the wolves, i'd just offer him 4 years 40mil and hope he takes that and you save a little by being pro-active from the get go and save the merry go round of bull shit.

He can potentially go for 4 and 48 or something can't he?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Actually, if i were the wolves, i'd just offer him 4 years 40mil and hope he takes that and you save a little by being pro-active from the get go and save the merry go round of bull shit.

He can potentially go for 4 and 48 or something can't he?

I think something like 4/48 would be great, but it's the NBA. Everybody gets overpaid, especially bigs. So maybe he'll get a max, I don't know. I'd still match it.

Bucks are gonna give us that work.

They're the perfect balance of bad & talented. They're bad enough to want to show up The Lakers still, and just talented enough to do it. Most of the league falls in that category now that Pau is floating in the ether and Dwight working on his ambidexterity

The Cavs are gonna give y'all that work again.

u mad

Neo Member
As a Kings fan living in Sac, I was originally extremely upset over the idea of them being relocated.

I'm still upset, but I'm also sorta at the point where I just want the Maloofs to get out of professional sports.

So it's official? Haven't seen anything that suggested that outside of the posts I just read in this thread. I'm doubtful that it is official, but if it is, looks like I'll be a sporting a Seattle Sonics jersey next year...

I think Lakes might have a chance tonight. OKC has been lazy lately and lakers are playing desperate.

I don't see a win without Gasol.

John Wall is gearing up to play Saturday.

If he's as out of shape as he looked in that pic....it's gonna be real rough for him.

Got him on my fantasy team. Drafted him expecting a November return :(

Given this wait, I really hope he delivers.

Top Bottom