• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Jazz above .500 at the midway point despite one of the hardest schedules in the league, that's pretty good.

Lot of downtime coming up...

Heat are worse than the Nuggets, Wizards, Pistons and Nets defensively, lol.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Is that really any better? Bosh still gets dominated on the boards. I guess at least Gay is younger than Wade, but I don't see how this team gets much better.

Gay can board ok for a SF.. but I think they might get better without Wade..

lol heat.

dad%2527s%2Bback%2Band%2Bbrought%2Bhis%2Bbelt.jpg

rando14

Don't worry they are still better and more interesting than the M's.

I love baseball so much, but not reaching the playoffs in over a decade wears down the soul

My understanding is that the Kings will be renamed to Supersonics will the full history and the Kings will just cease to exist, no?

Yeah, but at the end of the day it's still an extremely bittersweet deal. We're getting a team from a city that wants to keep it and we're getting a troubled team. DMC doesn't have a brain and is a center that shoots like 42%, and according to Charles Barkley Sacramento "broke" Tyreke Evans (whatever that means). Shallow bench and a stinker of a coach in Keith Smart. Who knows what they'll do if/when the team is brought to Seattle regarding this though.

If we were to swipe a team I was hoping it could be the Pelicans, nobody down in nola gives a fuck

giri

My understanding is that the Kings will be renamed to Supersonics will the full history and the Kings will just cease to exist, no?

Whilst the seattle team will get the colours/ name and banners/sivler ware... they'll actually share the statistical history with OKC i believe.

Which is just dumb really.

If they give up all that they should just remove the sonics stats from their history. Just Purge.

Yeah, but at the end of the day it's still an extremely bittersweet deal. We're getting a team from a city that wants to keep it and we're getting a troubled team. DMC doesn't have a brain and is a center that shoots like 42%, and according to Charles Barkley Sacramento "broke" Tyreke Evans (whatever that means). Shallow bench and a stinker of a coach in Keith Smart. Who knows what they'll do if/when the team is brought to Seattle regarding this though.

If we were to swipe a team I was hoping it could be the Pelicans, nobody down in nola gives a fuck

You should stop reacting to ESPN stories and stupid hyperbole. There are many teams out there that would KILL to have the talent that the kings do no their roster. They are just so poorly managed and coached. And all their trades and signings around that talent have been baffling for years. They have pieces to make moves and either start from scratch with good picks, or actually finally put some of that talent to good use if they put in place the right people on the coaching staff and FO end.

You start by hiring Mac 10.

and according to Charles Barkley Sacramento "broke" Tyreke Evans (whatever that means). a fuck

Didn't help him develop, broke him down mentally (confidence), probably played him wrong, and to add all it up maybe even pressure him back from injury too fast. I was a huge Tyreke fan his rookie year... then he just turn into a black hole.

linsivvi

Whilst the seattle team will get the colours/ name and banners/sivler ware... they'll actually share the statistical history with OKC i believe.

Which is just dumb really.

If they give up all that they should just remove the sonics stats from their history. Just Purge.

Yeah the OKC theft screwed things up. It used to be teams just move with everything and now it's a mess.

Obviously the perfect solution is to move the Thunder back to Seattle and move the Kings to OKC.

Oklahoma City Kings has a nice ring to it....

rando14

You should stop reacting to ESPN stories and stupid hyperbole. There are many teams out there that would KILL to have the talent that the kings do no their roster. They are just so poorly managed and coached. And all their trades and signings around that talent have been baffling for years. They have pieces to make moves and either start from scratch with good picks, or actually finally put some of that talent to good use if they put in place the right people on the coaching staff and FO end.

You start by hiring Mac 10.

So I'm supposed to believe that moving from Sacramento to Seattle will suddenly fix a dull offense and the worst defense in the league?

I do agree with the bad management part, I think that if we get some good minds up top and a better coach that things can rebuild slowly.

EDIT: NAte mcmillan did a decent job in seattle iirc

Doomsayer

So I'm supposed to believe that moving from Sacramento to Seattle will suddenly fix a dull offense and the worst defense in the league?

I do agree with the bad management part, I think that if we get some good minds up top and a better coach that things can rebuild slowly.

This season is a wash for the Kings anyway.

Total roster purge coming next season and maybe you will see some progress.

Sucks it has to happen to Sacramento though, pretty devoted fans up there.

Pimpwerx

How the shit Bosh only have 1 rebound?

Because "the Heat need a big man" or something. Defense was non-existent most of the game, and Bosh rebounded like shit. At least Joel has the excuse that he has nubs instead of hands. But I don't understand Bosh's random disappearances during the season. This isn't the first time. PEACE.

giri

EDIT: NAte mcmillan did a decent job in seattle iirc

Yes. Watch the kings play and then compare them to a team that has almost no talent, but is well coached in the suns. The difference that good coaching makes to a team is INSANE, particularly for a young team.

Or maybe, it's, it's insane how much a BAD coach can fuck up a team.

The kings management is a fucking joke.

Stop reading, it's not MLB, start watching.

rando14

He won 50 games starting Jerome James and Reggie Evans.

Ho-lee shit, that's a name I havent heard in a while aaahahahaha

Yes. Watch the kings play and then compare them to a team that has almost no talent, but is well coached in the suns. The difference that good coaching makes to a team is INSANE, particularly for a young team.

Or maybe, it's, it's insane how much a BAD coach can fuck up a team.

The kings management is a fucking joke.

Stop reading, it's not MLB, start watching.

Goddamn, so much homework! Like I'm back in school! :^)

giri

Ho-lee shit, that's a name I havent heard in a while aaahahahaha

Goddamn, so much homework! Like I'm back in school! :^)

Here's a great example.

Suns under terry porter: complete dog shit. and out of the play offs at the time i think.

Next year under Alvin Gentry: Western Conference Finals.

There were very few roster changes between either year, except that they got RID of shaq (who actually had a good year).

A bad coach can really really ruin a team and the players.

Top Bottom