• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Westlo

It's pretty obvi that we'll offer max but I'm just wondering with all the contracts we got on the books and all the draft picks we gave away are the Heat gonna be in mediocre limbo after the big 3

Riles needs to be cutthroat... if wade's decline continues on the path it is (and yes for the most part he's been good the last month or so but he's nowhere near the level he was in 08/09... his playstyle took its toll on him) there's no way he opts out imo.

Basically if they continue with the Big 3.... the pick we get from Philly needs to be a fucking homerun.

Riles needs to be cutthroat... if wade's decline continues on the path it is (and yes for the most part he's been good the last month or so but he's nowhere near the level he was in 08/09... his playstyle took its toll on him) there's no way he opts out imo.

Basically if they continue with the Big 3.... the pick we get from Philly needs to be a fucking homerun.

09 was his peak. There's a reason its called a peak. Still though, he decline is really overstated, especially this season. His efficiency this year is some of the best in his career.

Westlo

09 was his peak. There's a reason its called a peak. Still though, he decline is really overstated, especially this season. His efficiency this year is some of the best in his career.

What's the max Wade can get if he opts out like James and Bosh will? You want him on that type of money when he'll be playing worse then he is right now? And yeah I realized 09 was his peak but he fell the fuck off, he used to dominate starting lineups while playing with scrubs but right now he can't even do that to bench mobs. Maybe a part of it is mental since even he would admit that this is now Lebrons team but fuck his jumper is broke right now... Wade's midrange game was scary as fuck back then.... seems he has to spend so much time on getting his body right in the offseason he doesn't have time to improve/maintain his level of play.

shira

What's the max Wade can get if he opts out like James and Bosh will? You want him on that type of money when he'll be playing worse then he is right now? And yeah I realized 09 was his peak but he fell the fuck off, he used to dominate starting lineups while playing with scrubs but right now he can't even do that to bench mobs. Maybe a part of it is mental since even he would admit that this is now Lebrons team but fuck his jumper is broke right now... Wade's midrange game was scary as fuck back then.... seems he has to spend so much time on getting his body right in the offseason he doesn't have time to improve/maintain his level of play.

What the fuck? DWade is a headcase scrub who can't maintain his level of play because of Lebron and "getting his body right".

Wade is a second option, third even some nights. I really don't know what you're going on about or what you are expecting from him. He's already said along time ago that he is moving out of Lebrons way.

He's shooting .009% worse this year from 16ft- 3PT than in 09. His raw FG% is the highest its ever been. Like I said, overstated.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Indiana is going to be the #1 seed in the east aren't they?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Granger got moved for Gay. That'd be huge for both teams... Gay seems meant for fuckball and Granger would give Memphis one of the most punishing frontcourts in the league.

Pimpwerx

lol miami

why did spo sit bosh and wade all of the 4th? are they injured? wade looked pissed

They played like shit most of the game, and the second unit is the one responsible for getting us back in it. No fucks were given on defense, until that second unit hit the floor in the 4th, so Spo rode them to the end. I like it too. The moment Bosh gets back into the game, he muffs a pass for a backcourt violation. That pretty much summed up his entire night of worthless minutes. Wade and Bosh can be mad, but Bron is the only one of the 3 who consistently shows up and shows out. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

I don't think he opts out. I don't think he's getting $20+M from anyone in two seasons. I believe he'll be the only one of the 3 to ride out his contract. Of course, if Bosh plays this soft the rest of his time here, he's not gonna see that much money either. IMO, Lebron i the only one guaranteed to opt-out, but he'll almost certainly re-sign with us. PEACE.

chris-broussard-memphis.jpg

Pimpwerx

How fucked are we once Wade retires and it becomes Lebron's team???

Bosh plays a hell of a lot better when Wade's not in the lineup, so I'd actually think we'd be fine, as long as we can put solid pieces around them. The SG options are so thin out there...you ready for Rio to switch to SG and Cole to run the point? Dat Cole-Rio backcourt of dynasty.... PEACE.

They played like shit most of the game, and the second unit is the one responsible for getting us back in it. No fucks were given on defense, until that second unit hit the floor in the 4th, so Spo rode them to the end. I like it too. The moment Bosh gets back into the game, he muffs a pass for a backcourt violation. That pretty much summed up his entire night of worthless minutes. Wade and Bosh can be mad, but Bron is the only one of the 3 who consistently shows up and shows out. PEACE.

that makes sense.

that wade fan ejection was hilarious tho. least he was good for something

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wouldn't mind playing Indy again. They're like one of the 2 or 3 best defensive teams in the league. Would be a huge advantage to sharpen ourselves with a team like them before moving to the weaker Western defenses.

I don't even like calling Indy a good defensive team... its not like they run amazing schemes or anything, they just do so much disjointed, retarded shit that no team can gameplan or even adapt to their style of play outside of stepping into the fuck.

I don't even like calling Indy a good defensive team... its not like they run amazing schemes or anything, they just do so much disjointed, retarded shit that no team can gameplan or even adapt to their style of play outside of stepping into the fuck.

Oh its definitely not Xs and Os. They're young, pretty long, and hustle which can get you pretty far on that end of the ball.

Isaiah Austin looked a lot better last night than earlier in the year (with some post moves and handles and pumpfakes), but I still struggle to see how he's going to succeed in the NBA.

Just so weak and unathletic. It's going to be interesting to see which lottery team decides that they can teach him how to move and can get him above 200 pounds. It could happen and he could be pretty good if it does happen, but it's hard to envision with his frame.

We've got Indy again tonight, 4th game in 5 days so we're going to be tired. MKG and Hendo had their minutes limited last night though so that should help us out a little bit.

Austin reminds me a lot of John Henson and he's doing allright for himself so far. It'll take him a few years to get on Henson's level, but I think he'll get there.

Edit: Seeing Hendo bloody Hansborough again would make my week. That shit would be.worth a multiple game suspension.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, I'd love to have 40 degree weather here right now. We're at 0 degree weather her for our lows and highs in the low 20s all week. But we can take it, because we're men.

Top Bottom