• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nori Chan you letting me down brah. 55 is cold?

We got that weather on the weekend and I wasn't the only person driving around with my windows down.

lol @ the lakers trying to manipulate kobe into playing defense.

MDA wants Kobe to focus more on defense, less on offense

In the wake of Bryant's outstanding effort against Irving, Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni has vowed to use the veteran guard in similar defensive situations.

"Kobe's a guy that likes a challenge, so to give him a challenge I think sometimes is best for us," Nash said. "Sometimes when he maybe is guarding someone who isn't going to demand his interest, he can wane a little bit. But when we put him in a position where he's challenged, he can be phenomenal.

We'll see if the reverse psychology works and he takes a Team USA mindset where he just wants to defend. Doubt it happens though.

lol @ the lakers trying to manipulate kobe into playing defense.

We'll see if the reverse psychology works and he takes a Team USA mindset where he just wants to defend. Doubt it happens though.
Asking kobe to play defense with his 17years of tear is like asking d'antoni to successfully lead the knicks passed the first round.
It just ain't gonna happen brah.

Asking kobe to play defense with his 17years of tear is like asking d'antoni to successfully lead the knicks passed the first round.

If used all of his energy on defense instead of offense then I think he'd actually be really good, but he won't do that. That's why they are trying to trick him into it. Reverse psychology.

giri

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Granger got moved for Gay. That'd be huge for both teams... Gay seems meant for fuckball and Granger would give Memphis one of the most punishing frontcourts in the league.

i looked at their %'s earlier, last year they really weren't that different.

Neither were really good either.

Vahagn

If used all of his energy on defense instead of offense then I think he'd actually be really good, but he won't do that. That's why they are trying to trick him into it. Reverse psychology.

Ask one of the greatest offensive players ever to expend all his energy on defense? That's what role players are for.

Stop chucking 3's and move your damn feet Jodie!

Ask one of the greatest offensive players ever to expend all his energy on defense? That's what role players are for.

Stop chucking 3's and move your damn feet Jodie!

Nah, his defense is embarrassingly bad sometimes. Telling him to stop taking half the game off is totally called for. Him playing team D and scoring 15-20 is better than him scoring 30 and not so much as looking at his man on some plays.

If Kobe played defense this year, he could actually provide leadership on defense and inspire others to defend.

But Kobe cares more about point records and being "the man" than winning.

ISOM

If Kobe played defense this year, he could actually provide leadership on defense and inspire others to defend.

lol at people acting like they know the psyche of players who have no relation to them.

Of all the things to criticize Kobe Bryant for, ynot his lack of dedication to winning a championship, a sixth no less?

Gawdamn, I never thought I would defend him.

nah. seems like hes a piece of work in the locker room and an asshole of a guy, but he cares about winning, look at his body language after the games. The ones where he scores 30+ points on good efficiency. Hes fucking pissed. He wants that sixth ring and he knows his shitty team aint even close to being in contention for it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Knicks were trying to ascertain whether other players were going overboard in their trash talking against Anthony, sources told Broussard.

lmao

giri

Is it too late to sue the Rockets for Hakeem's timely "anemia" problems? Always after the seeding was settled...

It will be thrown out relatively quickly and hopefully they incur quite heft legal fee's for doing something so entirely stupid.

Such a dumb culture.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

lol he might not make it to the first round in cali

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lol at people acting like they know the psyche of players who have no relation to them.
Yeah imagine people who live eat sleep breath NBA hoops thinking they know one of the most discussed player since MJ

L. O. L.

God I love white girls

Would be my guess

321362382158439961.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/the-teams-in-the-basement/

The Washington Wizards have the 10th best defense in the league. No, really.
The Charlotte Bobcats rank second in the league in points per play for ballhanders in the pick-and-roll.

That vaunted Bobcats pick-and-roll attack! According to Synergy Sports, the Bobcats notch .88 points per play for their ballhandlers in the pick-and-roll, which ranks them second in the league.

This is pretty incredible, mainly because every team in the NBA uses picks for ballhandlers. It’s the bread and butter of nearly every NBA offense.
New Orleans Hornets rookie Austin Rivers may be having the worst season ever.

I do wish this was hyperbole, but according to stat magician Kevin Pelton, Rivers has the worst WARP (wins above replacement player) rating since 1979-80, the first year with the 3-point line. That’s right — Rivers is projected to cost his team more wins than every single player who came before him for the last 30+ years.
Orlando’s offense is better without Glen “Big Baby” Davis. However, the defense is much, much better with him on the floor.

Down is up, left is right, war is peace. Glen Davis hurts Orlando offensively, but helps defensively. Who knew? Orlando posts an impressive 105.7 offensive rating when Davis is off the floor, which would be good for 7th in the league.

However, when Davis is on the floor, Orlando drops to a 101 offensive rating, which would sink them to 17th in the league.

But fear not, because Glen Davis is apparently a defensive stopper! Defensively with Davis on the floor, Orlando holds opponents to a 101.7 rating — 12th best in the league.

But with him off the floor, Orlando is a disaster defensively without their Big Baby, surrendering a 110.6 rating, which would be dead last in the league by a large margin.
wut

Vire

I really think the Heat are going to trade for a Center like Dalembert before the trade deadline.

I'd hate to lose someone like Cole, but we really need those rebounds. We also have that first round pick from 76ers.

Jeff-DSA

I really think the Heat are going to trade for a Center like Dalembert before the trade deadline.

I'd hate to lose someone like Cole, but we really need those rebounds. We also have that first round pick from 76ers.

Bosh for Kanter and Raja Bell.

the Bucks are 8th out of 30 in defensive ratings and 26th out of 30 in offensive ratings..yet still 2 games above .500. I havnt watched a Bucks game since that overtime game they had in Miami, but Im guessing all that ball sharing that was going on earlier in the season stopped. See that Ilyasova rebounding and fg percentage has just plummeted from last year too.

Vire

What are they going to offer other than tickets to a Heat game?

Cole, First round Pick, maybe Rashard Lewis.

I don't fucking know! Riley works his magic.

Plus Dalembert isn't happy there and he's been causing trouble. He'll get his minutes down here.

Top Bottom