• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

etiolate

Banned
Wish Kevin Johnson was stop doing this no-news pressers and just say they're deciding between Burkle, Madrof and Ellison.

If all them are true, then the big money to buy the team is there. After that, it just comes down to what the NBA wants to do and feels it can do.

I have a source who says that Dwight's empire used to be run by his parents, and they controlled everything. At some point one of his cousins got in his ear, and made him take control of his money. His cousin now runs the show, and has been giving Dwight really bad advise left and right.

This whole Lakers thing. Wow.

D'Antoni was a huge mistake as a hire, everyone knew it. Dammit.

As for Dwight's immaturity, it's really no worse than Bynum's. Been spoiled by Kobe's commitment to greatness and winning for almost two decades, so our next superstar acting like Dwight isn't really something we're used to around here.

I read a Stat that said the Lakers top 5 guys Kobe-Nash-Howard-MWP-Gasol have only played 128 minutes together this season...

WTF? How is that even possible.

Nash missed like 26 games, dwight 3, and Pau like 13. The main 4 have only played something like 12 games together.

It baffles me when I see Lakers fans saying stuff like, "I don't get it." What is there not to get? The chemistry is awful and no one likes playing with one another. Body language is telling. The only way Dwight Howard is going to be utilized on your team is if he is the centerpiece. Kobe will not allow that to happen. He would work in Dallas because Dirk would be fine playing second fiddle at this point in his career. And Dirk would space the floor (something the Lakers do not have). The whole season can be summarized by these visual images:

Dwight Howard laboring down the floor because of his back issues.

Dwight Howard laughing when the Lakers are blown out.

Nash dribbling around in circles with the realization that he has no shooters or athletes to pass to.

Kobe jacking up contested shots, making a mean face when the Lakers are within five points, and walking off the court with his head down when they inevitably lose.

With every passing game, Gasol wondering in his head whether or not he should play overseas.

Pringles angrily realizing that he is coaching an all star team that can't even win half their games.

Wish Kevin Johnson was stop doing this no-news pressers and just say they're deciding between Burkle, Madrof and Ellison.

If all them are true, then the big money to buy the team is there. After that, it just comes down to what the NBA wants to do and feels it can do.

That was a totally pointless press conference. That seemed like he is just stalling in the hopes that something will fall in place.

etiolate

Banned
If you look at all the stars on the Lakers and have to choose one to trade away and make everything else work again, wouldn't it be Kobe?

DominoKid

As for Dwight's immaturity, it's really no worse than Bynum's. Been spoiled by Kobe's commitment to greatness and winning for almost two decades, so our next superstar acting like Dwight isn't really something we're used to around here.

it is though. that's the sad thing. i at least got the impression that bynum liked winning overall, even if he didn't play hard every night.
d12 is a goddamn child. he gives no fucks about winning, only his touches and looking like a clown.

etiolate

Banned
That was a totally pointless press conference. That seemed like he is just stalling in the hopes that something will fall in place.

The last press conference, he said the equity partners would be announced later this week. The same night, rumor broke about Burkle and Mastrov were partnering. Then they announce this presser and people assumed it was in response to that news breaking, but then there's no news. Now it's next week that they'll announce the partner and it sounds like it won't be all the partners in a group or two or three, but maybe one or just the two mentioned already.

So either what they were doing changed and now they're choosing just one big money guy or the big money guys aren't ready to show.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The last press conference, he said the equity partners would be announced later this week. The same night, rumor broke about Burkle and Mastrov were partnering. Then they announce this presser and people assumed it was in response to that news breaking, but then there's no news. Now it's next week that they'll announce the partner and it sounds like it won't be all the partners in a group or two or three, but maybe one or just the two mentioned already.

So either what they were doing changed and now they're choosing just one big money guy or the big money guys aren't ready to show.

Been here too.. seems like they would need to have everything ready before the NBA owners vote.

Vahagn

It baffles me when I see Lakers fans saying stuff like, "I don't get it." What is there not to get? The chemistry is awful and no one likes playing with one another. Body language is telling. The only way Dwight Howard is going to be utilized on your team is if he is the centerpiece. Kobe will not allow that to happen. He would work in Dallas because Dirk would be fine playing second fiddle at this point in his career. And Dirk would space the floor (something the Lakers do not have). The whole season can be summarized by these visual images:

Dwight Howard laboring down the floor because of his back issues.

Dwight Howard laughing when the Lakers are blown out.

Nash dribbling around in circles with the realization that he has no shooters or athletes to pass to.

Kobe jacking up contested shots, making a mean face when the Lakers are within five points, and walking off the court with his head down when they inevitably lose.

With every passing game, Gasol wondering in his head whether or not he should play overseas.

Pringles angrily realizing that he is coaching an all star team that can't even win half their games.

What? Oh stop, there isn't a single living person before this season started that thought the Lakers would be in this position mid season. Not even you. Not to mention, all your points, every one of them, are just flat out stupid.

Per the opinion of people like you, no one has liked playing with Kobe for 17 years, that hasn't stopped them from being perennial powerhouses practically the entire time. This team is too talented to struggle simply because they're not best buddies. That's not the answer for why LA is struggling

Dwight needs to be the centerpiece of the offense? WTF? Have you watched Dwight play? and I don't mean now, I mean his entire career. Not even SVG made him the centerpiece of the offense. And that's when Dwight was shooting 60% from the FT line, and unstoppable on PnR's or on the offensive boards. Now he almost never gets put back dunks, is useless and doesn't draw defenders on Nash PnR's, and gets stripped or fouled almost every post up attempt which doesn't help our team. And he sucks at the FT line worse than ever. Involving Dwight more is not the answer for why we're struggling.

Kobe's jacked up contested shots his entire career, and shot lower percentages for most of the seasons, what's your point? Lakers have still been the most successful franchise in his tenure. Kobe shooting contested shots isn't the answer for why we're struggling

Nash dribbling around in circles, that's what he's done his entire career too. All that dude does is probe and probe. Also, Lakers offense is just fine when Nash is on the floor. So again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Our overall offense, and Nash, or our lack of shooters isn't the answer for why we're struggling either.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
What? Oh stop, there isn't a single living person before this season started that thought the Lakers would be in this position mid season. Not even you. Not to mention, all your points, every one of them, are just flat out stupid.

Per the opinion of people like you, no one has liked playing with Kobe for 17 years, that hasn't stopped them from being perennial powerhouses practically the entire time. This team is too talented to struggle simply because they're not best buddies. That's not the answer for why LA is struggling

Dwight needs to be the centerpiece of the offense? WTF? Have you watched Dwight play? and I don't mean now, I mean his entire career. Not even SVG made him the centerpiece of the offense. And that's when Dwight was shooting 60% from the FT line, and unstoppable on PnR's or on the offensive boards. Now he almost never gets put back dunks, is useless and doesn't draw defenders on Nash PnR's, and gets stripped or fouled almost every post up attempt which doesn't help our team. And he sucks at the FT line worse than ever. Involving Dwight more is not the answer for why we're struggling.

Kobe's jacked up contested shots his entire career, and shot lower percentages for most of the seasons, what's your point? Lakers have still been the most successful franchise in his tenure. Kobe shooting contested shots isn't the answer for why we're struggling

Nash dribbling around in circles, that's what he's done his entire career too. All that dude does is probe and probe. Also, Lakers offense is just fine when Nash is on the floor. So again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Our overall offense, and Nash, or our lack of shooters isn't the answer for why we're struggling either.

I have an app for you: http://selfcontrolapp.com/

etiolate

Banned
Been here too.. seems like they would need to have everything ready before the NBA owners vote.

Hopefully Stern gave him an idea of his time limit. He keeps mentioning the March 1 deadline for relocation, but there's already a deal between the Maloofs and Hansen.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hopefully Stern gave him an idea of his time limit. He keeps mentioning the March 1 deadline for relocation, but there's already a deal between the Maloofs and Hansen.
Yeah it really would be easier as a clean break rather than toying with fans emotions

I wish Kevin Calabro get to do more games.

Sure he will be the PBP guy next year

Really one of best in the business

Vahagn

Hey Dwight: If you and the team are gonna "restart" the season for the seemingly 12th time this year...don't do it against Memphis on the road.

I'm eager to see the Lakers' new look. We might be witnessing the start of something great.

ASRawIb.png

lakers bout to go on a 6 game losing streak

nah this is the second time around.

Top Bottom