• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

We're talking about Jim Buss who thought hiring Mike Brown was a good idea and then spit in the face of Phil Jackson and signed Mike D to a multi year extension.

He'll drop 100 dollar bills instead of confetti after a staples win before he pays two coaches to stay at home and collect checks.

Seriously, D'Antoni will have to not only get caught having sex with Jeanie, but have it leak as a full vid to TMZ. Even then, Jeanie would have to say it wasn't consensual for him to get fired.

We're talking about Jim Buss who thought hiring Mike Brown was a good idea and then spit in the face of Phil Jackson and signed Mike D to a multi year extension.

He'll drop 100 dollar bills instead of confetti after a staples win before he pays two coaches to stay at home and collect checks.

Seriously, D'Antoni will have to not only get caught having sex with Jeanie, but have it leak as a full vid to TMZ. Even then, Jeanie would have to say it wasn't consensual for him to get fired.

I still think the brown firing and mda signing was all daddy. And final decisions are still his right now. If he wants mda gone he'll do it. He is old and wants another title before he's gone.

I still think the brown firing and mda signing was all daddy. And final decisions are still his right now. If he wants mda gone he'll do it. He is old and wants another title before he's gone.

You've gotta be shitting me if you think Mike D is the reason for this fail happening right now.

I mean, you don't get anymore free on the court than Mike D and Mike Brown.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You've gotta be shitting me if you think Mike D is the reason for this fail happening right now.

Its not all of the reason. But its a big damn part

???

I didn't comment on their play at all so not sure what you're addressing.

You did indirectly by saying if he wants him gone he will due to wanting another title.

But it's not like removing Mike D is going to get them a chip.

And it's not the system. Both systems could have won chips in theory and on paper. Nobody is fucking executing. You can't run PNR if Dwight is setting shit picks and rolling with no effort. Or if Nash is coming off screens as sluggish as AJ Price.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I posted the article a few pages ago that Sam Smith has stated that it was Jerry Buss' decision to go with MDA over Jackson. This was an organizational decision, not simply Jim Buss. So, yeah.

You don't think he's part of it? Fool is trying to shove a square peg down a round hole. He took on a team with two bigs and instead of tailoring his system he's forcing it down everyone throats. Pau's continued to decline and his confidence has eroded because he's been playing out of position the entire time under Mike D's system. The locker room is continuing to fracture and more and more people are upset with his system and his inability to adapt. Including bitch ass Dwight.

As a Fan, what pisses me off the MOST about D'antoni is exactly the above. He KNEW what team he was taking on. He knew it didnt' fit his system yet he took the team anyway. Fuck Mike D'antoni.

If it's not his system, (I think it's partly that) then his inability to inspire and get people to work together is just as suspect. Give Phil credit for a lot of things, but a huge thing he did well was manage large personalities. Something neither of our last two coaches has been able to do.

Dwight Howard took accountability for his role in the Los Angeles Lakers' struggles on Wednesday.

"I think this will be the start of a new season tonight," said Howard. "Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me."

The Lakers play at the Memphis Grizzlies and have lost three straight.

Howard also apologized for his comments about his lack of shot attempts.

Howard said he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain."

Howard declined to talk about his future with the franchise.

"We're not discussing that. Right now, our goal is to win. All I want to do is win."

Fuckin' called it:

Sorry not nba-related, just had me dying.
Anyway, big win tonight. Seriously, it felt like Chicago was a breaking point. Shit getting aired out in the media, Kobe going all emo and playing the piano etc, just feels like everything came to a head Monday night. Gut feeling but this is a win. Not trolling, either. You've seen this type of situation happen countless times in sports... when shit gets to a breaking point and the team rallies and picks up a big W.
Big fat W inc tonight, I guarantee it.

Mamba break this down for me. Even at 50% capacity this team should still be playoff contenders. For them to be this awful almost mathematically doesn't add up. I know losing game after game starts to become a disease but damn I didn't think they could be infected this long.

Canuck76

Banned
Dwight Howard took accountability for his role in the Los Angeles Lakers' struggles on Wednesday.

"I think this will be the start of a new season tonight," said Howard. "Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me."

Howard said he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain."

"We're not discussing that. Right now, our goal is to win. All I want to do is win."

At this point its in a full free fall. The media, everybody knows that Dwight is going to leave. He's trying to be a good soldier for management but if the Lakers FO is half way decent they know for a fact they have to ship his ass out.

No way Bosh, Bropez, AND Noah make it.

By per-minute stats and team performance, Bropez crushes them all and deserves to get in.

Lopez- 29.4 Minutes a game, 18.5 PTS, 7.4 REBS, 52% FG, 2.1 BLKS
Bosh- 33.4 Minutes a game, 17.5 PTS, 7.1 REBS, 55% FG, 1.4 BLKS
Noah- 38.2 Minutes a game, 12.2 PTS, 10.7 REBS, 46% FG, 2.1 BLKS
Chandler- 32.9 Minutes a game, 12.2 PTS, 11.0 REBS, 67% FG, 1.0 BLKS
Griffin- 32.2 Minutes a game, 18.3 PTS, 8.6 REBS, 53% FG, 0.7 BLKS

Y
If it's not his system, (I think it's partly that) then his inability to inspire and get people to work together is just as suspect. Give Phil credit for a lot of things, but a huge thing he did well was manage large personalities. Something neither of our last two coaches has been able to do.

lol

I just think it's funny that this Lakers team needs every single thing to be top flight to even reach .500 wins.

We've got 4 HOF caliber players? FUCK THE BENCH

Two winning record coaches who have the respect of the players? ONLY THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME WILL SUFFICE.

Let this sink into your skulls: Javale McGee has a higher PER than Dwight.

charsace

Chandler and Lopez should be the ones that make it. Especially Brook because the Nets wouldn't be a playoff team without his play. Bropez is a guy that would have fit perfectly with the Lakers with his great jumper, great freethrow shooting and good post game. And right now his defense isn't worse than Dwight's.

You did indirectly by saying if he wants him gone he will due to wanting another title.

But it's not like removing Mike D is going to get them a chip.

And it's not the system. Both systems could have won chips in theory and on paper. Nobody is fucking executing. You can't run PNR if Dwight is setting shit picks and rolling with no effort. Or if Nash is coming off screens as sluggish as AJ Price.

I just meant if Jerry feels he needs a new coach to get the job done he'll do it. I'm not arguing on his behalf just that money or his son won't stop him.

KingGondo

Banned
Chandler and Lopez should be the ones that make it. Especially Brook because the Nets wouldn't be a playoff team without his play. Bropez is a guy that would have fit perfectly with the Lakers with his great jumper, great freethrow shooting and good post game. And right now his defense isn't worse than Dwight's.
Dwight for Bropez straight up.

lol

I just think it's funny that this Lakers team needs every single thing to be top flight to even reach .500 wins.

We've got 4 HOF caliber players? FUCK THE BENCH

Two winning record coaches who have the respect of the players? ONLY THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME WILL SUFFICE.

Let this sink into your skulls: Javale McGee has a higher PER than Dwight.

Dwight's performance has been subpar for sure. I always thought he was worse offensively than Bynum, but I always assumed he was consistant and brought the D and rebounded every night. He has been anything but consistant this year.

How much of this is D'Antoni and his system though? Not sure it really matters. Bad system or not I expect players to bring it on a nightly basis.

Either way ... I don't think Dwight gets off free of criticism, but would still chose him over the crap we currently have at head coach.

Dwight's performance has been subpar for sure. I always thought he was worse offensively than Bynum, but I always assumed he was consistant and brought the D and rebounded every night. He has been anything but consistant this year.

How much of this is D'Antoni and his system though? Not sure it really matters. Bad system or not I expect players to bring it on a nightly basis.

Either way ... I don't think Dwight gets off free of criticism, but would still chose him over the crap we currently have at head coach.

They need Rudy T to come down and help out. He's a very good expert on using BIG men in the lineup

thekad

Banned
Lakers are only 3 games back of the 8th seed in the loss column and the Rockets are flailing with a tough schedule ahead. It'd be shocking if the Lakers aren't in the playoff picture 2 weeks from now.

Speaking of, why the hell are the Rockets favored tonight?

Ben Howland is the guy for the job, he won't even have to move. He'll likely be unemployed soon too.

The Cats play the Hawks tonight too, but they've been our kryptonite for the last.few years unfortunately. Even more so than most teams, which is saying something.

KingKong

Lakers are only 3.5 games back of the 8th seed and the Rockets are flailing with a tough schedule ahead. It'd be shocking if the Lakers aren't in the playoff picture 2 weeks from now.

Speaking of, why the hell are the Rockets favored tonight?

I hope the Lakers are in the playoff race because their schedule in April would make for some really important games in the West seeding

xmCGggi.png

Dwight starting his 3rd season as a Laker. Truly one of the greats on his way to having a number retired.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What? I bet you've never watched him play during his prime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKICLZfKMG0

MWP wishes he was half as good as Shaq.

Dikembe was abused like he's Pau Gasol.
Shaq didn't have many post moves, but the few that he did have, he used very well and very effectively. Dwight, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any that are effective. If you look at the stats, Dwight isn't that far off from his ORL numbers, but he's just showing no real offensive development. Shaq averaged 25+ points per game for most of his career while pulling down 11 rebounds a game. Dwight isn't touching that offensive production. This is his 9th year in the league. He is what he is.

Mamba break this down for me. Even at 50% capacity this team should still be playoff contenders. For them to be this awful almost mathematically doesn't add up. I know losing game after game starts to become a disease but damn I didn't think they could be infected this long.

I don't get it either.

Nash and Dwight were the best PnR players of the last few years for their position. That should be a devastating play.

Kobe is top 10 in open spot up shots (and continues to knock them down well, too).

Part of it is they aren't getting Pau in the post at all, which makes no sense to me. They can run a PnR with Dwight on the strong side while Pau sets up on the weak side bloc. It's not rocket science.

Nash was supposed to reduce their TOs and he has overall but not as much as I imagined because Dwight is turning it over like fucking crazy. His hands are fucking trash.

In the end, Dwight was supposed to improve their D and be a devastating PnR player and optional post player. But so far Dwight has been mediocre when they needed him to be elite. He's obviously not what he was athletically and now mentally looks bad. Combine that with MDA refusing to let Pau be Pau and the offense gets fucked up a lot and the D is non-existent.

edit: Also Dwight takes the worst god damned fouls I've ever seen. Away from the ball on made baskets, just pushing people on rebounds. Fucking hell. Save your god damned fouls for real fouls.

It sounds like if this is the case then Dwight's chances of staying goes down quite a bit. Who normally wins in the player vs. coach arguments? Espiecially if they Lakers plan on making his bitchness the cornerstone of the future.

I've said this from the day they hired D'antoni. He thinks big men are expendable and Dwight will become little more than Tyson Chandler in his system which is exactly what has happened, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Chandler was getting more shot attempts than Dwight at this point. The only way Dwight stays is if D'antoni goes.

exarkun

Dwight for Bropez straight up.

Gooooh, I was about to say Nets say fuck you. But then I realized that Dwight will, by the end of the season, mentally unfuck himself and go back to being very aggressive physically around the basket because his back is completely fine.

Dwight for Joel "Casper" Anthony. Lakers get one of the best up and coming bigs in the league(late bloomer) with shot blocking prowess nearing Ibaka's level,plays good defense and one of the softest touches around the rim. Why Casper? well, haha, when he "gets" the ball, he doesn't necessarily "catch" it. he expertly fumbles it into a no look pass(not necessarily to his teamate) and racks up the assists!

Miami gets to take the Dwight Howard project and all his on and off court troubles your hands.

Joel Anthony will bring showtime back to the Lakers.
act_joel_anthony_display_image.jpeg

he's canadian so he'll build chemistry with nash and shit.

Vahagn

This whole Lakers thing. Wow.

D'Antoni was a huge mistake as a hire, everyone knew it. Dammit.

As for Dwight's immaturity, it's really no worse than Bynum's. Been spoiled by Kobe's commitment to greatness and winning for almost two decades, so our next superstar acting like Dwight isn't really something we're used to around here.

I read a Stat that said the Lakers top 5 guys Kobe-Nash-Howard-MWP-Gasol have only played 128 minutes together this season...

WTF? How is that even possible.

Vahagn

Lakers have played like 1,700 minutes so far this season

LA's top 5 have played together for 128 of them? That's less than 1/10th of the minutes. For a team with such a weak bench. That explains our record pretty nicely. No way that starting 5 can gain continuity and chemistry on offense and defense playing that few minutes.

Lakers have played like 1,700 minutes so far this season

LA's top 5 have played together for 128 of them? That's less than 1/10th of the minutes. For a team with such a weak bench. That explains our record pretty nicely. No way that starting 5 can gain continuity and chemistry on offense and defense playing that few minutes.

At this point, I am not even focused on this year anymore. I am worried about next year and beyond.

Top Bottom