• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Considering Harden didn't do jack shit in the playoffs, I think OKC is pretty much on the same level as they were last year, don't mean they're gonna win a ship though. It's still Miami's to lose.
OKC wouldn't have beat SAS without Harden turning into ezio.

and yea, our shooters can knock down wide open threes when they're wide the fuck open.

Canuck76

Banned
lol i'm not sleeping on the clips. chris paul is good enough to take them far and their team is strong top to bottom.

They have depth but in the half court they're weak. People want to try to say you can't trust Westbrook, i sure as hell ain't trusting Blake griffin.

thekad

Banned
Same with the Browns!

You haven't been watching us much this season. The offense is much less reliant on KD and YNB isos than it was last year, and Harden reinforced that mentality, IMO. When we have YNB, Martin, Thabo, KD and Ibaka/Collison on the floor at once, the offense is downright beautiful.

Part of the problem with Harden was that his and Westbrook's roles overlapped quite a bit, so the offense would get muddled at times. With Martin (and Ibaka's offensive improvement), the ball moves much better.
Pretty sure the Thunder had a higher Offensive Rating with WB/Harden/Durant on the court last year than with WB/Martin/Durant this year. In the playoffs, it was something ridiculous.

edit: Actually, it's 120 this year compared to a still insane 114 last year, but I doubt that has anything to do with switching out Harden with Martin and everything to do with Durant and Ibaka having career years.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
She was wearin jeans. I'm just saying stuff like that is posted all over the forum, esp the funny pics thread and is not tagged. Sorry doe, you got a point.

Nudity is not the only inappropriate thing to look at work.

If the Buss family is dumb enough to bow down to Howard's wishes then Lakers age might as well embrace the decade of mediocrity that's coming to them. If you're not bright enough to learn from the mistakes of others you're doomed to make them yourself.

I.e. look at what happened with Dwight in Orlando.

If the Buss family is dumb enough to bow down to Howard's wishes then Lakers age might as well embrace the decade of mediocrity that's coming to them. If you're not bright enough to learn from the mistakes of others you're doomed to make them yourself.

Since I didn't get to see Dwight play everyday, I thought he was as advertised. Best center in the league.

Now that I have seen him play, I am supremely disappointed in him. His post skills are worse than Sacre's.
He turns the ball over 4 times a game.
Couldn't hit a free throw to save his life.

And his attitude sucks.

I would trade him, and get what ever I could. The front office tried, and I applaud them for at least trying.

Orlando gave out blank checks to every player on their roster.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

So if given the choice of moving forwrad with either Dwight or D'antoni what do you chose? At least with D12 we have a trading piece. Letting both go or keeping D'antoni and letting Dwight go doesn't help us in the future.

And look where that got them, the only person in that organization that demanded accountability was SVG, and he was fired for it.

LA is not ORL. Stop.

Firing Mike D for any reason is fine by me and if it's to please the guy who they hope to have locked up for the next 6-8 years, that's fine too.

There are plenty of legitimate reason to move on from Dantoni, pleasing Dwight shouldn't be one of them though.

Firing a coach who is misusing the roster, which happens to make your star player mad...semantics.

Declaring that LA is heading towards oblivion if they start trying to please Dwight is melodramatic

LA is not ORL. Stop.

Firing Mike D for any reason is fine by me and if it's to please the guy who they hope to have locked up for the next 6-8 years, that's fine too.

d'antoni and dwight really can't coexist.
i'd wager d'antoni has a shorter grace period that dwight, atm.
at this point, dwight needs to demand the ball and start calling out players.
his attitude of mr BFF with everyone isn't wanted in la.
we want mr bad mofo dwight :mad:

Firing a coach who is misusing the roster, which happens to make your star player mad...semantics.

Declaring that LA is heading towards oblivion if they start trying to please Dwight is melodramatic

Dwight is a whiny man child that changes his mind on a whim, and that's the guy you want to appease? Dwight isn't Kobe, he doesn't deserve that level of respect.

Canuck76

Banned
Dwight is a whiny man child, that changes his mind on a whim and that's the guy you want to try and appease? Dwight isn't Kobe, he doesn't deserve that level of respect.

Especially with a broken back, not knowing if he'll be back to what he once was.

I think they bail on Dwight before D'antoni. They might not get a lot for Dwight but it'll be a face saving move for the organization. D'antoni seems more like the guy who'll try to fix it till he's fired.

Dwight is a whiny man child, that changes his mind on a whim and that's the guy you want to try and appease? Dwight isn't Kobe, he doesn't deserve that level of respect.

ORL made lots of dumb moves. They would be dumb if they weren't trying to please Dwight. When LA makes dumb moves to please dwight, we'll talk about this.

You guys really think LA will fire a 2nd coach in one season? Especially when he has a huge contract?

Maybe not this season, but one of them isn't here by the start of next season. If given a choice, keep the asset. What good does having clear books do us in two years if there's nothing to build around? We won't even get a pick from the draft this year since it's going to Phoenix as well.

Dwight would be stupid to continue to want to play for a man who hates bigs. One of them HAS to go.

ORL made lots of dumb moves. They would be dumb if they weren't trying to please Dwight. When LA makes dumb moves to please dwight, we'll talk about this.

Getting rid of D'antoni can never be considered dumb regardless of the reasons.

Especially with a broken back, not knowing if he'll be back to what he once was.

I think they bail on Dwight before D'antoni. They might not get a lot for Dwight but it'll be a face saving move for the organization. D'antoni seems more like the guy who'll try to fix it till he's fired.

If Dwight can't carry a competitive team anymore then yeah they need to move him, especially if they can get some quality picks for him.

If Dwight can't carry a competitive team anymore then yeah they need to move him, especially if they can get some quality picks for him.

When was the last time the Lakers built their team through the draft? Season ticket holders aren't going to settle for quality picks and an emtpy book in two years. Mitch has already sent out letters to season ticket holders asking them to be patient.

KingGondo

Banned
Pretty sure the Thunder had a higher Offensive Rating with WB/Harden/Durant on the court last year than with WB/Martin/Durant this year. In the playoffs, it was something ridiculous.

edit: Actually, it's 120 this year compared to a still insane 114 last year, but I doubt that has anything to do with switching out Harden with Martin and everything to do with Durant and Ibaka having career years.
At the very least, adding Martin hasn't hurt the team much, if at all.

When was the last time the Lakers built their team through the draft? Season ticket holders aren't going to settle for quality picks and an emtpy book in two years. Mitch has already sent out letters to season ticket holders asking them to be patient.

A season and a half is nothing, especially if it nets you your next player to build around. And considering the fact that you're the Lakers it more than likely will.

The problem with getting rid of D'Antoni is that there is maybe 1 or 2 name list of guys they can bring in that might be able to do better: Phil and Stan, both which seem like impossibilities at this point.

At this point you have to imagine that a full training camp and a fresh start + time to heal all the wounds is the only way to right the ship, not coaching.

Because at this point you can say they are bring misused, but in theory the Princeton with some triangle elements should have been fine, and then in theory a Nash inspired PNR offense should have been dominant as well.

None of it is working. It goes much deeper. I don't think it's a Pau thing, his mentality has brought them chips before and he's had ups and downs. I don't think it's a Kobe thing either. It seems like both Dwight AND Nash (who has been largely blameless) have developed buyers remorse in regards to their contracts.

You can say Nash is done, but he's giving no fucks out there and I've never seem him like this.

Lakers can get picks and have almost the whole cap to use for free agents in a couple of years. So they can get the best of both worlds if they want.

PBY

Banned
did he really?
fuck it, im all in. leggo.
im riding this train off a cliff or the the promised land.

Dwight Howard took accountability for his role in the Los Angeles Lakers' struggles on Wednesday.

"I think this will be the start of a new season tonight," said Howard. "Our effort and energy will be better. It starts with me."

The Lakers play at the Memphis Grizzlies and have lost three straight.

Howard also apologized for his comments about his lack of shot attempts.

Howard said he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain."

Howard declined to talk about his future with the franchise.

"We're not discussing that. Right now, our goal is to win. All I want to do is win."

Like I said from the beginning, they should have gotten Sloan.

Lol

Between D'Antoni's "hey buddy just sending you a text to make sure you're doin ok" mentality to coaching and Mike Browns " live free" system, Dwights already sweating bullets and can't take the heat.

Throw in a coach who actually treats him like a grown ass man and he would have demanded a trade a week ago.

A season and a half is nothing, especially if it nets you your next player to build around. And considering the fact that you're the Lakers it more than likely will.

Whether or not you (or anyone really) consider this to be a good thing, Lakers fans aren't going to pay for high tickets prices two season in a row on the hope that we get a good draft player to build around.

I guess you can call them fair-weather fans, but it's precisely that fickle attitude that has led to our management being willing to spend to bring in stars.

When you make a statement that, “it’s only a year and a half” you do so from another perspective. Firstly, the last two years were considered failures here in LA. Its part of the reason Mike B was fired too. So in reality, having to wait another year and a half is more like 4 years for Laker fans. Another year of building this new team would be 5.

If management is serious about keeping Dwight then D’antoni is gone. If they’re serious about trading Dwight, I highly doubt it would be for picks. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think history would support my belief.

So basically if they keep losing, he's gone.

I think our continued stuggles are a given at this point. This team is what it is. If the Lakers keep Dwight it's probably going to be on the back of future plans to win a champiopnship. Keeping D'antoni isn't going to fit into Dwights vision of that future.

Top Bottom