• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

I miss Lamar. Seriously.. his unique all-around game with his size and length was such an asset, kind of reminds me of Percy Harvin from the Vikings. Opponents always say how difficult Harvin is to defend with how he play so many roles. Lamar was the same way. This whole thing is a curse for dumping Lamar to save a few mil.

PBY

Banned
I miss Lamar. Seriously.. his unique all-around game with his size and length was such an asset, kind of reminds me of Percy Harvin from the Vikings. Opponents always say how difficult Harvin is to defend with how he play so many roles. Lamar was the same way. This whole thing is a curse for dumping Lamar to save a few mil.
The hits keep coming.

I'll give you OKC but who in the motherfuck is gonna come out of the East besides the Heat????

Chicago. D-rose will be back and 100% before the playoffs. Chicago just beat Miami @ Miami a couple weeks ago without Rose and it really wasn't even a close game. They lost by 7 and were losing almost the entire game.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Chicago. D-rose will be back and 100% before the playoffs. Chicago just beat Miami @ Miami a couple weeks ago without Rose and it really wasn't even a close game. They lost by 7 and were losing almost the entire game.
You do realize that Chicago has always dominated the Heat in the regular season since LeBron has gone there, right? Even without D-Rose, they have beaten the Heat multiple times in the regular season. The playoffs are a different animal, and there is no way that the Bulls can beat the Heat in a 7 game series, with or without D-Rose. Thibs doesn't have the offensive ingenuity to get that done.

D-rose cost them that series with a historically bad performance. He's not gonna have a series like that again. He was awful, shot like 20% from the field.
Yea and missing more than a year with a torn ACL/MCL will allow him to be even better vs the best defensive team in the league in a 7 game series. Come on.

PBY

Banned
D-rose cost them that series with a historically bad performance. He's not gonna have a series like that again. He was awful, shot like 20% from the field.
They had asik for half that series. And we have battier, and Allen now.

exarkun

Lebron should win MVP because hes head and shoulders better than everyone. But hes reached that point where he's so dominant that, like he and Shaq/Kobe have found out, story+scoring can really sway votes toward another candidate (Rose/Nash).

If he keeps scoring the way he does, his other numbers are good enough (not James-good) for Durant to win MVP. Especially if OKC gets the #1 seed.

PBY

Banned
Lebron should win MVP because hes head and shoulders better than everyone. But hes reached that point where he's so dominant that, like he and Shaq/Kobe have found out, story+scoring can really sway votes toward another candidate (Rose/Nash).

If he keeps scoring the way he does, his other numbers are good enough (not James-good) for Durant to win MVP. Especially if OKC gets the #1 seed.
Don't disagree.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Oh, Chris Paul is winning MVP. The media won't pass up on history by not voting for a Clipper as MVP.

LeBron isn't going to win MVP because the Heat haven't been that good this year and his teammates have been great in the past.

I would argue that most of the guys on his team are giving no fucks so having Wade, Bosh, and Ray and being nowhere close to the Thunder in record or differential shouldn't be held that much against him, but it will.

Durant's having a pretty unbelievable season so him winning MVP isn't going to bug me.

Also, Heavy is cursing the shit out of my prediction of the Spurs winning the title, fuck, I might need to rethink this now.

Oh, Chris Paul is winning MVP. The media won't pass up on history by voting for a Clipper as MVP.

I don't think the media can do the mental gymnastics of voting a guy MVP after not voting him MVP last year when his numbers were better.

It would be pretty insane.

linsivvi

image.php
image.php
image.php

Sigh....

You do realize that Chicago has always dominated the Heat in the regular season since LeBron has gone there, right? Even without D-Rose, they have beaten the Heat multiple times in the regular season. The playoffs are a different animal, and there is no way that the Bulls can beat the Heat in a 7 game series, with or without D-Rose. Thibs doesn't have the offensive ingenuity to get that done.
What's your sample size, 10 games? do you know anything about statistics? Your point is irrelevant with a sample size this small.

Yea and missing more than a year with a torn ACL/MCL will allow him to be even better vs the best defensive team in the league in a 7 game series. Come on.
D-rose is a gym rat, he's a machine when it comes to keeping his body healthy. D-rose is the one in a mil type that could have an Adrian Peterson quality return.

They had asik for half that series. And we have battier, and Allen now.
And CHI has a rejuvenated Boozer putting up huge numbers. Jimmy Butler can play a bit. They're not the same exact team, and neither are the Heat i agree.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What's your sample size, 10 games? do you know anything about statistics? Your point is irrelevant with a sample size this small.
Your point was one game played a few weeks ago!

EDIT: And yes, I do know a thing about statistics, considering I've taken multiple stat classes and did university level research for years. 10 games in the NBA is not a small sample size.

yea. Durant's a machine and If Bron doesn't get it. Either KD or CP3 should get it, but especially KD.

Mike bibby, juwan Howard, damps, and zydrunas got minutes on that heat squad in 2010 heavy. Let that sink in.

And Wade was in his prime. Now he's a shell that can have a great game one night and be invisible the next. He's not the same consistent beast from a couple years ago. The way he plays a 'couple years' is a lot even tho it don't sound like much.

Edit- and CP3 has no chance of winning MVP. It will go to KD in a D-rose MVP type of vote, although KD will have a better case than D-rose did in his mvp year but LeBron still the MVP. His numbers are unreal.

That 2011 Heat team had a +7.5 point differential compared to +5.5 for the current year though.

The Bulls need perfect health in the playoffs and to have Wade and Bosh not step up in the playoffs to beat Miami which isn't impossible, but I wouldn't bet on it...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Look Heavy, I love Boozer as much as the next rational human being, but Bosh is the best PF in the East, and the Bulls still run a heavy ISO system. Once LeBron guards a recently returned Rose and clamps him down, the Bulls are done.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That 2011 Heat team had a +7.5 point differential compared to +5.5 for the current year though.

The Bulls need perfect health in the playoffs and to have Wade and Bosh not step up in the playoffs to beat Miami which isn't impossible, but I wouldn't bet on it...

They were also 4th in Def Rtg compared to 12th this year.

thekad

Banned
Wade doesn't have to be consistent. He can play 10 Wade-esque games and that'll be enough for the Heat to win a title.

So basically what happened last year.

Top Bottom