• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

I don't buy the fact that the wrong "system" will make Dwight, Kobe and Steve Nash worthless. Dwight played historically good defense in Orlando yet he's trash in LA, that doesn't just happen because of something the coach implements. Also D'antoni has tried so many lineups this year and nothing as worked, the players aren't trying because they're selfish fuckheads who aren't anywhere near as good as they think they are. Only Nash, Earl and MWP seem to be putting effort night in and night out; problem is is that Nash is 40 and Earl and MWP suck. You had that insipid fuckstain Antawn Jamison have the gall to complain about playing time when D'antoni rightfully benched his pathetic ass because he's a net negative who deserves to be sucking dicks for crack behind his local Olive Garden. You have Pau scoring at Rudy Gay efficiency whining about not starting when Earl, though less talented, at least tries and doesn't care if he doesn't get to shoot for 6 minutes. Dwight is a stupid cunt who complains that D'antoni needs to play inside-out more when he doesn't realize that pick-and-rolls result in him drawing defenders inside. And then you have Kobe being a selfish jackass who literally thinks taking 28 shots a game on a stacked team with multiple all-stars while allowing opposing players to have career nights is conducive to winning basketball.

I don't think D'antoni is an amazing coach but you're not in charge of some of the best offensive teams in NBA history by accident. Durant regularly gets frozen out and loses games due to YNB being allowed to do what he does, yet he's behind Scott Brooks 100% of the way. If the guys on the Lakers roster had that kind of attitude they'd at the very least be a playoff team.

Holy fuck

Congrats for digging up basketball reference and finding these players from the 50s when the Lakers were playing in Minnesota.

Now, this is what I call trying too hard.

No wonder your idea of trying hard is so fucked if all the b-ball you watch is present day lazyball Lakers

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
omg

knicks vs boston tonight

this is when we actually find out that amare was actually sexually assaulted by that fire extinguisher

I don't buy the fact that the wrong "system" will make Dwight, Kobe and Steve Nash worthless. Dwight played historically good defense in Orlando yet he's trash in LA, that doesn't just happen because of something the coach implements. Also D'antoni has tried so many lineups this year and nothing as worked, the players aren't trying because they're selfish fuckheads who aren't anywhere near as good as they think they are. Only Nash, Earl and MWP seem to be putting effort night in and night out; problem is is that Nash is 40 and Earl and MWP suck. You had that insipid fuckstain Antawn Jamison have the gall to complain about playing time when D'antoni rightfully benched his pathetic ass because he's a net negative who deserves to be sucking dicks for crack behind his local Olive Garden. You have Pau scoring at Rudy Gay efficiency whining about not starting when Earl, though less talented, at least tries and doesn't care if he doesn't get to shoot for 6 minutes. Dwight is a stupid cunt who complains that D'antoni needs to play inside-out more when he doesn't realize that pick-and-rolls result in him drawing defenders inside. And then you have Kobe being a selfish jackass who literally thinks taking 28 shots a game on a stacked team with multiple all-stars while allowing opposing players to have career nights is conducive to winning basketball.

I don't think D'antoni is an amazing coach but you're not in charge of some of the best offensive teams in NBA history by accident. Durant regularly gets frozen out and loses games due to YNB being allowed to do what he does, yet he's behind Scott Brooks 100% of the way. If the guys on the Lakers roster had that kind of attitude they'd at the very least be a playoff team.

wzLV8.gif

charsace

So much truth.

dream

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- All of the Los Angeles Lakers -- the players, the coaches, the trainers, everybody -- sat on the bus and waited late Wednesday night. They'd all just suffered a demoralizing 106-93 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the team's fourth defeat in a row, seventh straight on the road and 10th in its past 12 games overall, and Dwight Howard was out on the court with a pack of about a dozen teenage boys and girls posing for photographs.

The Lakers were waiting, and Dwight was smiling. What else is new?

Never before in this wretched letdown of a season for these supposed new-look Lakers had the divide between Howard and the franchise felt this wide.

dwight-howard-eat-cookie-off-face.gif

jjasper

I get getting on to Dwight for acting like a baby but people really going to get on him for posing for pictures with kids after a game? Considering it is Memphis the kids are most likely St. Jude patients.

KingGondo

Banned
I get getting on to Dwight for acting like a baby but people really going to get on him for posing for pictures with kids after a game? Considering it is Memphis the kids are most likely St. Jude patients.
At the very least, they live in Memphis so they deserve some sympathy.

The length of the season is starting to wear on me

At this point I just want to get to the trade deadline, March Madness for some talent evaluation and the playoffs.

The length of the season is starting to wear on me

At this point I just want to get to the trade deadline, March Madness for some talent evaluation and the playoffs.

Amen, half of my excitement for March Madness is talent eval. An impactful trade or two would be refreshing to see as well. There really haven't been that many trades so far this season, I wonder why?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Amen, half of my excitement for March Madness is talent eval. An impactful trade or two would be refreshing to see as well. There really haven't been that many trades so far this season, I wonder why?

I don't know the rumor is teams are waiting for the Rudy Gay deal to happen and then make moves from there. It could also be that this year the ranking are so tight in both conferences nobody want to risk falling to a lower seed by messing with team chemistry.

I think GM's are starting to realize that there's almost no hope left and to just let expirings expire and hope something good happens.

And I'm only halfway joking. I think GM's realize that there are a shit load of flawed to bad players in the NBA right now and that unless you can land a star (impossible) you might as well just sit on your hands.

You come combine it with the drafts being pretty meh in general and it's easy to take a wait and see approach.

I think GM's are starting to realize that there's almost no hope left and to just let expirings expire and hope something good happens.

And I'm only halfway joking. I think GM's realize that there are a shit load of flawed to bad players in the NBA right now and that unless you can land a star (impossible) you might as well just sit on your hands.

You come combine it with the drafts being pretty meh in general and it's easy to take a wait and see approach.

If you're picking outside the top 5 the draft is meh. A top 5 pick doesn't guarantee much either, but it's better than hoping to land Lebron, CP3, Carmelo, etc. in free agency. So yeah it basically comes down to luck. GMs can play moneyball with stats all they want, it won't won them a damn thing if they aren't lucky enough to land a top 5 player.

Pimpwerx

1. Magic
2. Shaq
3. Scott

I loved the late-80's Lakers teams, and Shaq is my second favorite player all-time after Magic. Shaq is my second-favorite player after Magic. And I always had a soft spot for Byron Scott. PEACE.

KingGondo

Banned
There was some stat from the state a few years ago that said over 75% or something of all murderers in the city knew the victim so it's probably why it doesn't bother me.
Yeah, I figured. And as long as you stay away from the bad parts of town you'll be fine too.

I'm surprised Tony Allen hasn't gotten into any shit since he's been there, though. He had death threats in Chicago and got into a brawl at a Whataburger in Stillwater when he was at OSU.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Have you guys seen Woj's latest hit piece?
Buss passed on the Lakers' glorious championship legacy to attach his franchise to the desert mirage of D'Antoni and Nash, a reunion tour born of a one-dimensional, gimmick offense and a point guard pushing 39 years old.
Nevertheless, D'Antoni has marginalized Gasol, leaving him livid and privately expecting to be traded before the February deadline for an athletic forward who fits his coaching designs. Buss believed that Nash had been neutralized in the Princeton offense, sources say, and that he would never flourish with the changes – blessed by the organization over the summer, by the way – that Brown implemented for the season.

Two years ago, Buss chose Mike Brown over Kupchak's choice, Rick Adelman. This time, it was the desert myth of D'Antoni and Nash, a reunion that feels like it should be touring state fairs with REO Speedwagon.

In so many ways, Nash made D'Antoni, but he can't bail him out anymore. The Lakers are burying themselves, deeper and deeper, and the coach doesn't have the stomach, nor the brass, to elevate them out of the mess. His system is flawed for this franchise, and beyond that, he brings nothing to a basketball team.

Top Bottom